The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Updated Toy Price Guides

I was wondering if there is an up to date with the last two years price guide that will include the vast TMNT action figures. The only toy price guide I have in from 2001 and its time to get one up to date on prices and includes items beyond the '88-'99 Playmates line. Thanks for any reccommendations.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I was wondering if there is an up to date with the last two years price guide that will include the vast TMNT action figures. The only toy price guide I have in from 2001 and its time to get one up to date on prices and includes items beyond the '88-'99 Playmates line. Thanks for any reccommendations.
Honestly, searching recently sold listings on eBay is probably the best way to get a sense of what something is actually worth. Even then there's quite a bit of variance. I could be wrong, but I think price guides are probably mostly a relic of another era.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Sadly, toy price guides have nearly gone the way of the dinosaur. It seemed like toy and action figure guides were at every big name book store in the 1990s and very early 2000s, but the sales of those guides bottomed out as this century went on. Nowadays, Barnes and Noble and Amazon carry titles like Picker's Pocket Guide for Toys: How to Pick Antiques Like a Pro by Eric Bradley and the 20th Edition of Toys and Prices by Mark Bellomo. A price guide for every TMNT toy line does not exist. However, you may find updated prices to the 1988 to 1991 Playmates Toys Turtles toys in the 20th Edition of Toys and Prices by Mark Bellomo. Listings for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles products by Playmates Toys ends with the early 1991 toys. I’m really sorry to say this again, but the original 1988 Playmates TMNT toy line stopped being an iconic toy line to adult collectors, toy lovers, and sellers in mid 1991. The publication date for the 20th Edition of Toys and Prices is April 1st of 2015.

I Crave Pizza No More is right. Your best bet to get the latest prices for Turtles toys from all lines is to go on eBay, Listingshistory.com, or worthpoint.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by mikey0; 01-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I had Toys and Prices 14th edition and needed an updated one. I noticed the 20th edition was from Spring 2015. I was wondering if there was anything even more recent. I found a 2018 magazine, but it is not available. Is there a 21st edition coming out any time in the near future?
https://www.amazon.com/Toy-Collector.../dp/1910525006
Old 01-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
I had Toys and Prices 14th edition and needed an updated one. I noticed the 20th edition was from Spring 2015. I was wondering if there was anything even more recent. I found a 2018 magazine, but it is not available. Is there a 21st edition coming out any time in the near future?
https://www.amazon.com/Toy-Collector.../dp/1910525006
A 21st Edition of Toys and Prices does not look to be on the way due to the poor sales of the 20th Edition on Amazon, the Barnes and Nobles website, and brick and mortar Barnes and Noble store.

There are not many pictures available online of the pages to the Toy Collectors Price Guide 2018, but I imagine there would not be too many original Playmates toy line listings under the Action Figures section in that book anyway. The listings would end with the early ‘89, late 1990, or early 1991 toys.

You could go on DASH Action Figures Database and Price Guide website here: https://www.collector-actionfigures..../?category=146

The values for each figure from the original run to today are not listed on that website.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Looks like my best bet as far as a physical guide is concerned the 20th edition of Toys and Prices. With all the recent discussion I am curioys to what prices are instead of where prices were 17 years ago.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:03 AM   #7
mikey0
Foot Elite

Your library might have a copy available to skim-through.