Old 09-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Naruto comparison, meh...

I always tought they look like this guy:

(minus the laser saber)
Damn I forgot his name... is that Jin from Cyberbots and Marvel VS Capcom 2?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #42
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Yup, he is from MvsC2, but he is not Jin, he is Hayato, originally from Plasma Sword and it's sequel (forgot the name), which was a sci-fi themed 3D vs-fighter by Capcom.
Jin Saotome was indeed from Cyberbots (also MvsC2), that's him:

Btw, does anyone concerned about Hob's blowing up Stockgen, including two mutant animal subjects, instead of using them for his army?
Old 09-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #43
Rhio2k
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Yup, he is from MvsC2, but he is not Jin, he is Hayato, originally from Plasma Sword and it's sequel (forgot the name), which was a sci-fi themed 3D vs-fighter by Capcom.
Jin Saotome was indeed from Cyberbots (also MvsC2), that's him:

Star Gladiator is the first game, Plasma Sword is the sequel.
Rhio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #44
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

A semi-related question. When April and Donnie coming to Harold's, April says: "Just a little trick of the light, my friend". What does that means?
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXviD View Post
A semi-related question. When April and Donnie coming to Harold's, April says: "Just a little trick of the light, my friend". What does that means?
I get the feeling it's some kind of sci fi reference... I'm just not familiar with it... anyone?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #46
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I get the feeling it's some kind of sci fi reference... I'm just not familiar with it... anyone?
Means Harold's a lonely nerd and he let April in because she's a pretty face.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Actually, she's riffing on the conversation she just had with Harold. She impressed him into letting her (and Don) in by displaying her knowledge of invisibility cloaking, which is in many ways itself simply a trick of light.

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #48
Cipher
Foot Elite

Took me a while to pick this one up, but this really kicked the IDW series up a notch in my eyes. I was seriously weighing dropping the book after "City Fall," but this bought it quite a bit more time with me. More quiet issues, please!

I bought ten new comics this month, and of all of them, Turtles was the one in which I cared most about the characters and was most interested to see what happened next. I think we just needed to crest the hill of constant action, cliches and cartoon melodrama that had been bogging the book down since the beginning of "Krang War".

I feel like, to this point, we still haven't known a lot of these characters. The main book has been almost non-stop action and the micros, which should be character spotlights, have just been twenty-two pages of monologue boxes ever since the four Turtles' wrapped -- it doesn't really help us know them on anything other than a superficial level. This is one of the first times we've just seen the characters interacting in the midst of a dire plot line, and it's the kind of kick I've needed to actually care about how that plot develops.

Last edited by Cipher; 10-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #49
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Took me a while to pick this one up, but this really kicked the IDW series up a notch in my eyes. I was seriously weighing dropping the book after "City Fall," but this bought it quite a bit more time with me. More quiet issues, please!

I bought ten new comics this month, and of all of them, Turtles was the one in which I cared most about the characters and was most interested to see what happened next. I think we just needed to crest the hill of constant action, cliches and cartoon melodrama that had been bogging the book down since the beginning of "Krang War".

I feel like, to this point, we still haven't known a lot of these characters. The main book has been almost non-stop action and the micros, which should be character spotlights, have just been twenty-two pages of monologue boxes ever since the four Turtles' wrapped -- it doesn't really help us know them on anything other than a superficial level. This is one of the first times we've just seen the characters interacting in the midst of a dire plot line, and it's the kind of kick I've needed to actually care about how that plot develops.
word, man.

although I do like all the action we've been getting lately, I am looking forward to the next arc when things are calmer for the turtles for a little while and they can just kind of relax

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 10-24-2013 at 12:04 AM.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city fall, tom waltz