The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2021, 04:18 PM   #41
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Dedicated forums are where the hardcore enthusiasts gravitate, as well as those that skew older. Pick any fandom or hobby, you will find forums for those subjects, most probably already operating for 10 or 20 years if not longer.

Reddit, Facebook groups, Instagram/Twitter/Tumblr attract their own audience, I find all of them useful in their own way and check in from time-to-time. It's good to branch out and see the kinds of things that don't make their way onto the forums. Afterall, we are a very small portion of the entire fanbase.

I pretty much stopped looking at tumblr, but Twitter/Instagram are great for finding fan art and stuff of TMNT. Facebook is great for collecting due to their Groups feature. Reddit is good for news. Etc.

We used to have usenet groups. Well, technically they are still there, but mostly abandoned outside of spam. It's been fun to experience the evolution of how people find ways to gather with others who like what they like.

I think The Drome needs to evolve in order to continue attracting new fans to the discussions here. A lot of forums have moved to nicer forum software like XenForo which has more features and looks/feels modern, which is something newer users expect. Things like that can go a long way towards growing a community.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:38 PM   #42
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I have no use for it. Bunch of memes you've seen 100 times already, people sharing their boring buys, vitriol for any content that isn't nostalgia-driven, false trivia. Boooo.
You've basically summed up reddit as a whole lmao

Reddit's biggest problem is its upvoting and downvoting system. That leads to threads becoming circlejerks. The highest voted replies are usually lame jokes or memes and the most downvoted replies are usually people who dared to state an opinion that's different from the majority.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

I never downvote, or upvote either, just read posts. If you stick to reddits about TV shows or certain fandoms, there's plenty of good discussion.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #44
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I never downvote, or upvote either, just read posts. If you stick to reddits about TV shows or certain fandoms, there's plenty of good discussion.
Yes, smaller subreddits are usually better. The larger a subreddit is, the worse the circle jerking is.

Reddit is best suited for specific things such as being a fan of a not so popular TV series or something.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:38 AM   #45
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've been visiting this forum every day since 2003 and the last few years are the deadest I've ever seen this place.
You know if you would place that same energy toward petitioning Viacom to do something constructive with their TMNT ownership, it would be a far more effective use of your time than just telling the rest of us how "dead" it is in here and with the franchise. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's because I weeded out all of the idiots and rabble. You ought'a be kissing my feet for doing everyone a favor, not bemoaning the fact that there aren't more imbeciles with bad opinions stinking up the joint.
CyberCubed is just addicted to the drama. He loves to keep reiterating over and over about his opinion to the new users, to beyond ad nauseum limits. Remember how he couldn't get enough of saying the 2012 series was bound to have at least 7 seasons? Or how he chased away the 2012 production staff from these forums? Yeah...

I know CyberCubed has posted many times here, on the forums, on how he wants to instruct the new and younger fans how to "properly" enjoy the TMNT franchise. lol
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:18 AM   #46
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
CyberCubed is just addicted to the drama. He loves to keep reiterating over and over about his opinion to the new users, to beyond ad nauseum limits. Remember how he couldn't get enough of saying the 2012 series was bound to have at least 7 seasons? Or how he chased away the 2012 production staff from these forums? Yeah...
I think 2012 could have and should have gotten 7 seasons. I think Nickelodeon/Viacom messed up, and jumped the gun with rebooting super quickly with ROTTMNT. I honestly think they just wanted a Teen Titans Go clone, and thought they'd profit off it since TTG was rating well and selling like hotcakes at the time.

As for him chasing away the 2012 production staff. I wasn't here at the time, but from what I heard, Ciro Nieli strikes me as someone who could not take any criticism well. I remember the rumors from 2014 being that he made Irma a Kraang to stick it to fans who wanted more female characters aside from Karai and April, which strikes me as very childish. Not sure of the validity to that claim, but that along with other accounts on the incident I've seen on here (plus stuff that happened within the show itself) gives me the impression that Nieli seemed like the type who, as I said, couldn't take criticism and liked trolling fans to piss them off.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:46 AM   #47
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I don't see any problems with this forum... I visit once in a while to see if there's something new, read messages, say something If I feel like it, then leave and go on with my life. I'm mostly in the comics section.
Going on reddit just feels like a time-waster to me.
This forum is the closest thing to an official TMNT website to me.

I don't know if you people remember, but there's a pandemic? Everything is in slowmotion. It's not only the TMNT franchise.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post

As for him chasing away the 2012 production staff. I wasn't here at the time, but from what I heard, Ciro Nieli strikes me as someone who could not take any criticism well. I remember the rumors from 2014 being that he made Irma a Kraang to stick it to fans who wanted more female characters aside from Karai and April, which strikes me as very childish. Not sure of the validity to that claim, but that along with other accounts on the incident I've seen on here (plus stuff that happened within the show itself) gives me the impression that Nieli seemed like the type who, as I said, couldn't take criticism and liked trolling fans to piss them off.
I've never encountered any TMNT staff from ANY medium who could handle any criticism well. Collectively they're some of the most thin-skinned, hyper-defensive people I've ever seen.

Merely from observing from a distance, the only one who seems to really have his sh*t together is Eastman, who just sorta shrugs everything off. Don't much love his general style and I've taken shots at him often for his general dishonesty and "I'll hype anything as long as the paycheck clears" behavior, but I have to say at least he doesn't get all huffy-puffy when people criticism his work. And why should he? He's rich either way. So good for him on that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:04 AM   #49
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've never encountered any TMNT staff from ANY medium who could handle any criticism well. Collectively they're some of the most thin-skinned, hyper-defensive people I've ever seen.

Merely from observing from a distance, the only one who seems to really have his sh*t together is Eastman, who just sorta shrugs everything off. Don't much love his general style and I've taken shots at him often for his general dishonesty and "I'll hype anything as long as the paycheck clears" behavior, but I have to say at least he doesn't get all huffy-puffy when people criticism his work. And why should he? He's rich either way. So good for him on that.
And also Dan Berger. Berger's always been a cool dude, and takes criticism in stride.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:50 PM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Very possible. I've never encountered or engaged with that individual.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:29 AM   #51
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I don't use reddit

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote