The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #61
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
I wonder if Bishop's origin and hatred will be releated to these anchient beings instead of aliens when he will be introduced... (yeah, I would be surprised if he wouldn't appear)
Ancient One would be great as well...
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #62
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

So...

Spoiler:
these upper beings are Rat King, Kitsune representing Shredder, Tang Shen representing the TMNT. And could we say that Casey's mother is part of this Pantheon? Because she has appeared to Casey Jones in his dreams?
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #63
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
So...

Spoiler:
these upper beings are Rat King, Kitsune representing Shredder, Tang Shen representing the TMNT. And could we say that Casey's mother is part of this Pantheon? Because she has appeared to Casey Jones in his dreams?
No confirmation yet, I think, on Tang Shen or Casey's mother, but this is a great way for IDW to incorporate otherwise extraneous elements of other TMNT universes. I'd like to see Noi Tai Dar from Archie, for instance, get some Pantheon love. Lots of potential!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #64
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

it seems that
Spoiler:

there is some sort of battle for supremacy going on in an "alternate universe."
Spoiler:
And Rat King is still selecting his "knight" for this battle.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #65
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

If they are doing a whole cast of eternals playing for earth, I could see them possibly including Null from the Archie series.

I'm curious to see how they handle it and what the time line is for it. Is this something they'll build up for issue #50? Or keep adding more layers until it pays off more around issue #75? Can't wait to see what they have in store.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #66
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
If they are doing a whole cast of eternals playing for earth, I could see them possibly including Null from the Archie series.

I'm curious to see how they handle it and what the time line is for it. Is this something they'll build up for issue #50? Or keep adding more layers until it pays off more around issue #75? Can't wait to see what they have in store.
Yeah, I think they said that they've mapped out things since the start with getting up to issue 75.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #67
Cipher
Foot Elite

Haven't read the issue yet but I have read the summary, and

Spoiler:
Yes. I am super-duper on board with the Rat King/Kitsune link, and it's exactly what I've been expecting/hoping for as a way of "justifying" how interconnected events in the IDW universe are. I really, really want all of this to boil down to something petty and random somewhere back down the line, and Kitsune (now along with the Rat King) is the character in a position to make that happen. I very much hope the reincarnation shenanigans are, at least in part, their doing, and I'm interested in the building mythology around the afterlife as seen by Shredder and "the Thin Place."

Let's just go full Twin Peaks here. This has really gotten my interest back up.

Quote:
Ancient One would be great as well...
It is my sincere hope to never again see that character in another piece of TMNT media.

I am utterly down for the return of Pai Doth Noor, though.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #68
Powder
So tired of this place

Finally, someone other than me name-drops PDN, & likes the character. I love that motherfunker. Want him back baaaad, especially if it means more stories like the one he was featured in.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #69
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Finally, someone other than me name-drops PDN, & likes the character. I love that motherfunker. Want him back baaaad, especially if it means more stories like the one he was featured in.
Two, actually, but he only really drove the story in one.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #70
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Two, actually, but he only really drove the story in one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
PDN is awesome, if he is part of this chess game than I'm all for it!!
Speaking of this major reveal of sorts I am so glad I wasn't spoiled for this issue. I had no idea going into it how important it is to the story. Now that each of the turtles have finished with their individual tasks, I'm really looking forward to the family coming together again, (Especially seeing where Casey is headed.)
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:34 AM   #71
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Just to repeat: freaking Null. Easily the #1 villain I want to show up in IDW that hasn't thus far. And he'd fit in to that dynamic so well. I have my fingers crossed he's slotted in sometime after the current Shredder/Krang arc is over.

As to Casey... the way he almost leapt down April's throat in #34 and all the continuing drama with Hun makes me wonder where he's headed. It feels like he's picking up some of his old Mirage flavor... I mean, they're different characters, but I could see IDW Casey developing more of a temper and resorting to violence more and more as the book goes, maybe even to the point of driving a wedge between himself and April & the turtles. The character feels like he's ready for that kind of development after everything that's happened to him since "City Fall."
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #72
Cipher
Foot Elite

TBH, I'm really waiting for Shredder (and maybe Krang) to get off the table so the book can get really interesting, which I think is a trend among all TMNT incarnations.

All of the most engaging and unique elements of the book are on back burner right now, doubly so as of this reveal.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #73
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
TBH, I'm really waiting for Shredder (and maybe Krang) to get off the table so the book can get really interesting, which I think is a trend among all TMNT incarnations.

All of the most engaging and unique elements of the book are on back burner right now, doubly so as of this reveal.
I am actually the opposite its been pissing me off not seeing Krang or shredder in the recent issues. I just didn't enjoy the North Hampton arc.
Don't get me wrong loved the last issue and it was a great stand alone issue (Best yet)
I am wanting to see shredder or Krang fight!!!!!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #74
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I am actually the opposite its been pissing me off not seeing Krang or shredder in the recent issues. I just didn't enjoy the North Hampton arc.
Don't get me wrong loved the last issue and it was a great stand alone issue (Best yet)
I am wanting to see shredder or Krang fight!!!!!!!
I don't mean I don't want to see their arcs finish. I mean I want them to finish up and be done with so we can move on to the more interesting elements. Even if they weren't getting page time in "Northampton," they were still the main villains.

I think most TMNT incarnations have gotten at least marginally more interesting once Shredder has been removed though. And in this one particularly, the most interesting elements in play right now aren't his immediate plans.

Right now Shredder/Krang is the A-plot, and I'd rather it become Kitsune/Rat King/whatever as soon as possible.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm sure Shredder will be "defeated" at some point, although I think that will be an extended hiatus rather than killing him off for good.

I kind of expect a full Triceraton storyline after the current arc ends anyway. They have yet to explore them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:23 AM   #76
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

this last issue was great. i really enjoyed how this version of rat king came to be. he looks creepy which is cool too. looking forward to the continuation of this part of the story!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #77
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
So...

Spoiler:
I think Hob is more likely to be one, but I could be waaay off track about that.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #78
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Doo Doo Acureds*** View Post
I think Hob is more likely to be one, but I could be waaay off track about that.
Have you read the Old Hob Micro??? His back story has already been revealed and he is far from it.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #79
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

This was the first issue I had to pick up a retail incentive cover for. Mark Torres did an amazing job with it. It took me a good 5 minutes goggling over the art before I actually opened it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
There's something of Mr Dark from Fables in there too.
I agree with you there!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #80
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Have you read the Old Hob Micro??? His back story has already been revealed and he is far from it.
Yes I have read it. Do I have to remind you that the four turtles and the rat are reincarnations of people who lived in Feudal Japan?

I think Hob was one of these "Elder Gods" who somehow became mortal and died, and that he's connected to Kitsune and Rat King in some way. I'm thinking he was lord of the cats. That would explain why he's trying to put together a make shift army out of whatever "stray" mutants he can find. He's affectionate and caring towards Slash, who is almost like his cat.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rat king, tom waltz