The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #3181
Sewer Turd
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I don't, no... we're talking about doing a series of focused one shot reprints. Like "Best of Leo", "Best of Raph" etc, possibly from across the various publishers, but nothing is set in stone.
Interesting.. thanks for the feedback.
Sewer Turd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:05 PM   #3182
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't, no... we're talking about doing a series of focused one shot reprints. Like "Best of Leo", "Best of Raph" etc, possibly from across the various publishers, but nothing is set in stone.
I may not be the target audience for a “best of” kinda book, but I really have enjoyed the current hardcovers putting every issue in reading order. It makes it feel like a definitive edition I want to collect. What you are describing feels more like a sampler of sorts.

I know it’s just an idea you are playing with but I thought as someone who wants to support this franchise as much as I can I’d like to note it doesn’t seem like something I’d be interested in. Just chiming in.

I know you aren’t the guy to ask about Trades Bobby but has there been any thought to an ultimate edition style/IDW collection Omnibus for Urban Legends once the run has ended?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:08 PM   #3183
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
I don't have a particularly interesting answer to this... I still have a handful of Rise episodes to catch up on. Albearto makes me laugh though! 2k12 is all sort of jumbled into one big pile in my mind now. But regardless, they borrowed from a lot of things like we do, so I don't know if there's any major characters that we're missing from there. I'm sure someone could remind me of like ten different characters that i'm forgetting though!
People hate Rise. You should be more focused on the fans, not a sock puppet for the failed series.

Just saying.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:50 PM   #3184
CyberCubed
Overlord

It really would be nice if the Tales trades continued, I think they stopped around issue 25 I think? The series had 70 issues, so more than half of it is still not collected. Considering most of the rest of Mirage is collected now and it's probably still too early to do Vol. 4 without a conclusion, Tales is really all that's left that needs to be collected at this point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:20 PM   #3185
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
People hate Rise. You should be more focused on the fans, not a sock puppet for the failed series.

Just saying.
You don't get to determine who the fans are, mate.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:00 PM   #3186
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
You don't get to determine who the fans are, mate.
Lol, You Rise apologists should be ashamed. You’re toxic, and have only helped to sink the brand. The last thing IDW needs is more cement in it’s shoes.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:01 AM   #3187
Chet
Thug

Will the new 3 issue conclusion to the Image series be available in both color and black & white? That'd be cool.
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #3188
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post

I know you aren’t the guy to ask about Trades Bobby but has there been any thought to an ultimate edition style/IDW collection Omnibus for Urban Legends once the run has ended?
I think the two big collections we have planned will be it, but if they sell great maybe we'll have a mega collection.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:20 PM   #3189
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

100% curiosity question, and forgive me if it's already been answered. I seem to remember it wasn't always the plan to make Jennika a TMNT, so I guess I'm curious... how was the name "Jennika" arrived at for her beforehand? Like, what as the inspiration at its genesis?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #3190
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
100% curiosity question, and forgive me if it's already been answered. I seem to remember it wasn't always the plan to make Jennika a TMNT, so I guess I'm curious... how was the name "Jennika" arrived at for her beforehand? Like, what as the inspiration at its genesis?
Not a very interesting story! If i'm remembering correctly, with our various red heads and brunettes, Tom thought it would be good to have the new assassin character be blonde, and so he looked up Scandinavian names (I don't remember if it's of Swedish, Finnish or what origin exactly) and saw Jennika and liked the sound of it. So, just a google search, really.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #3191
ChosenOne
Banned

Bobby, will the Annual (or any upcoming issues of the ongoing) reveal what happened to Bebop and Rocksteady after #100? It's hard to imagine them as residents of Mutant Town without there being a whole metric ton more of mayhem and bloodshed than we've seen this far, so I surmise they're not in there.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #3192
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Bobby, will the Annual (or any upcoming issues of the ongoing) reveal what happened to Bebop and Rocksteady after #100? It's hard to imagine them as residents of Mutant Town without there being a whole metric ton more of mayhem and bloodshed than we've seen this far, so I surmise they're not in there.
Pretty sure they're still working for the Foot with Koya and Bludgeon.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:35 AM   #3193
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Pretty sure they're still working for the Foot with Koya and Bludgeon.
I don't know if Karai would want them as full-time henchmen. They split from the Foot and didn't go to Japan with her after #50, for instance, and she seems to view recruiting them as a nuclear option in times of open conflict, like during City at War. Sure, Bebop and Rocksteady might be much tougher cookies than Koya and Bludgeon, but they also lack the reliability and finesse that Karai values. Her having to constantly keep them in line would negate their usefulness.

Not to mention their antics would eventually bring the EPF down hard on the Foot Clan. Again.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:40 AM   #3194
Vegita-San
Emperor

did I miss something?

when did Sally get a body building upgrade to look like the terminator?

I don't remember the character looking so..butch..before.

Also, now that urban legends is almost done, how about a V4 complete collection?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #3195
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Sophie any chance on finally letting us know the name of the little albino turtle? Reason i'm asking is i'm having a comission with her in it and i'd like to call her something. I kinda wanna give her the nickname Albi.

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 03-05-2020 at 06:13 PM.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:57 AM   #3196
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
did I miss something?

when did Sally get a body building upgrade to look like the terminator?

I don't remember the character looking so..butch..before.

Also, now that urban legends is almost done, how about a V4 complete collection?
As always, the artists have a great deal of freedom in depicting the different characters.

No plans for a Volume 4 collection that I've heard yet, but that doesn't mean it's not in the works.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #3197
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It really would be nice if the Tales trades continued, I think they stopped around issue 25 I think? The series had 70 issues, so more than half of it is still not collected. Considering most of the rest of Mirage is collected now and it's probably still too early to do Vol. 4 without a conclusion, Tales is really all that's left that needs to be collected at this point.
You sure about that?

Those news strip comics are still floating around needing to be compiled into a collection. Wilddiverse did a banger job collecting a TON of them and filling a lot of gaps, and some leg work to a few local archives in MA could likely fill in the rest.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:06 PM   #3198
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Sophie any chance on finally letting us know the name of the little albino turtle? Reason i'm asking is i'm having a comission with her in it and i'd like to call her something. I kinda wanna give her the nickname Albi.
You'll find out her name in issue 104!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:10 AM   #3199
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
You'll find out her name in issue 104!
ok, well I think your gonna like what i'm having done.
da da da da da da, da da da da da da, da da da da da, da da da da da, da da da.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #3200
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
ok, well I think your gonna like what i'm having done.
da da da da da da, da da da da da da, da da da da da, da da da da da, da da da.
I can't wait to see it!!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz