Ninjinister
無問題

Deathmask, from Battle Monsters? Nice.

Your work is phenomenal.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #122
dcat
Foot Soldier

Back with another preview video

This one shows the new running dash and back hop, crouching sweep kick, Shredder;s explosive throwing star attack and the basics for the Darkness Illusion super, I haven't added the fancy bells and whistles of superpauses or suoerbg's yet, hell it doesn't even deduct powerbar at the moment. I'll fix all of that, I swear, I just wanted to give you all a general impression of what it'll look like at its base. The super inflicts 25 hits (one of which from hitting the clone), deals 336 damage and will cost 1/3 power meter to perform.

Last edited by dcat; 07-14-2017 at 01:07 PM.
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #123
oldmanwinters
Overlord

You never cease to amaze me, dcat. The throwing star seems to segway nicely into some devastating combos. And that clone image super is truly an impressive sight to behold.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #124
dcat
Foot Soldier

Some more animations

I sprited a few options and I'm currently trying to decide whether to use Aska, Karai, or Bikini Shredder for Shredder's Midnight Bliss animation. Here's the full lineup so far + April

Last edited by dcat; 07-10-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #125
Impervium Gem
Foot Soldier

KRANGABUNGAAAAAAA!!!! These are so awesome. I love each and everyone of them. That was such a great idea and I'm happy you share your project here as you put so much detail in everything that it's a true pleasure to check out. Whether I look at Krang, Shredder, Traag, Granitor, April, ALL characters... I'm impressed. Thank you SO much for the amazing experience. Using voices from the '87 cartoon makes it even more exciting. Always awesome to see more.
Impervium Gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #126
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcat View Post
Some more animations

I sprited a few options and I'm currently trying to decide whether to use Aska, Karai, or Bikini Shredder for Shredder's Midnight Bliss animation. Here's the full lineup so far + April

Why not A shredder in a woman's Kimono with the white skin and the hairdo, etc.

"Post quickly and fade away into the shadow"
Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #127
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

This thread is consistently impressive.

Regarding the midnight bliss for Shredder, I'd be tempted to say Karai...but I'm totally hoping that's your next character project, haha. But if you have no intention of that, she would work pretty well I think. Halfshell's geisha idea actually sounds pretty funny to me too.

edit: doing the bubbles for the last volume of Super Turtles here and a thought occurs to me. You used Dark Mu for Krang, right? Kris-Mu is a love interest for Donatello in this manga, if you wanted something else for Irma. Or you could do both. Also for Mike's, there are always Kala from the OT and I suppose Seri (the Styracodon) from Mirage Vol. 4.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/

Last edited by Cryomancer; 07-21-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #128
amigaice
New Recruit

I am just wondering if krang is available yet. I love all your TMNT characters. They are the most fighting charters I have ever played and I have played a lot of them.

On a side note I own all the old original Cartoon episode. If you need any samples.
amigaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #129
dcat
Foot Soldier

@Cryomancer:
Thanks for the feedback! think the Midnight Bliss options are all sorted for the moment. An original Karai character would be really sweet, I wouldn't rule it out for the future.

@amigaice:
Sorry but Krang still has not been released yet, I appreciate your interest in my characters. Really love hearing that people enjoy them!

I made a new video that shows off a few of Shredder's updates since my whole radio-silence period recently. It features the early stages of some new special and super attacks and an unfinished intro against the turtles.
Have a look!

Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #130
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Welcome back, Cat! I really like that April's Apartment intro. Will you have one coded for each individual Turtle?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #131
TMNT-Collector
Foot Soldier

these are absolutely AMAZING! ive heard of mugen before and even tried to play it once but i must of not set it up correctly, i will definitely be giving it another try, is your krang and other characters available for download?
TMNT-Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #132
dcat
Foot Soldier

@oldmanwinters: Exactly right, the intro will be compatible with all four turtles, I'll add in the smoke and fire animations as well so it really has that classic feel to it.

@TMNT-Collector: Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying the previews thus far. I haven't released Krang or Shredder yet since they're still incomplete (although Krang is very near completion). You can download my turtle characters at my website though- http://dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #133
TMNT-Collector
Foot Soldier

awesome, thanks! cant wait to try this out over the weekend, and your krang so far is phenomenal!
TMNT-Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #134
Mzx10484
WEM Super Starfinder 200

Hallo dcat ! The last time I played TMNT was on my SNES in the 1990s... Tournament Fighters. I LOVED it ! When I see these videos, i want to grab my controller and play immediately ! Is a version of this game available for a big fan like me??
Mzx10484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #135
dcat
Foot Soldier

@Mzx10484:

Quote:
MUGEN is a freeware fighting game engine for the pc. You can customize it pretty much however you want.

Download it at the official website: http://www.elecbyte.com/

Also this is a helpful site for getting started: http://mugenguild.com/forum/index.php

As I mentioned above, Krang and Shredder are still in development so they're not available yet, but you can download my ninja turtle characters at my website - http://dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

& you might want to also scope out the old mugen thread here on the Technodrome: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ighlight=mugen

Have fun.

I've sprited a new Ground Wave animation for Shredder. I'll include this along with the standing anim and an anti-air direction projectile attacks.

Last edited by dcat; 09-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #136
Powder
So tired of this place

Daaaaamn that video is great. With all of the legit sound clips & stuff it really seals the deal.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #137
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcat View Post
I've sprited a new Ground Wave animation for Shredder. I'll include this along with the standing anim and an anti-air direction projectile attacks.

My ideas for the 3 different types of effects these projectiles would yield are as follows:
Quote:
-I was thinking that the Ground Wave could actually sprout into a multi-hit aura pillar if the initial projectile connects.

-Mid-Wave could behave similar to Magneto's Hyper Grav, where the projectile brings the opponent to Shredder. Instead of returning control to Shredder though it could simply squeeze the opponent then knock them back with a final aura pillar spike.

-Anti-Air Wave would be two squeezes mid-air, then slam the opponent into the ground twice (ala N-Mario's Master Hand) and end with an aura pillar spike.

Do you guys have any input here or some differing/better ideas for how these attacks should behave? I want the attack to have a bit more creativity behind it than just a traditional fighting game fireball; Also if you have any opinions on what more I could add to Shredder to give him more nostalgia /throwback appeal, feel free to contribute any move ideas /suggestions for this or any other additional moves for Shredder I'm still open to considering their inclusion in the character at this point.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #138
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

You could give him a suicidal grenade attack, heh.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #139
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

any charge attacks?

"Post quickly and fade away into the shadow"
Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #140
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
You could give him a suicidal grenade attack, heh.
Great idea! That'd be a cool homage to the comics as well, even after you defeat Shredder he has one last go for broke attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
any charge attacks?
Not yet, I may remap his lunging stab special to a charge command though.

Here's a new short preview on what I've been working on lately:

-EX Energy Wave specials (QCF, Punch button + Kick button).
Each version deals 150 damage.

-Also added an automatic Shuiken throw to his dive kick depending on whether or not Shredder crosses up the enemy. If he doesn't, Shredder will bounce back and lob a shuriken at them.

Tags
sprites