The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2021, 09:11 PM   #81
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Looks like a Pinnochio toy... wtf?
I thought same exact thing lol.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:40 PM   #82
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
This Scrag figure presents a big issue for me: I'm gonna need alternative human body parts for BnR. Maybe they can make an accessory pack similar to the movie accessory pack.
I guarantee they release a two pack of their human versions.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #83
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Scrag:

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:39 PM   #84
IMJ
Emperor

WOOWWWWW! LOL! That is terrific. Makes you realize that it's sort of the mutant that never was in the series. I'm def on board for that one.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:05 PM   #85
Otter
Stone Warrior

Now... I never liked the cartoon, and I have no recollection of Scrag, and had every intention of selling the other figures to cover the cost of Danny and clone Shredder.

But this is a cool looking character. I did get Bebop and Rocksteady, because I enjoyed the Archie comics back in the day, and they fit with that aesthetic. To that end I also bought Shredder (and Leo). After the reveal of the Turtles in diguise and the unique headsculpts, I preordered Splinter (and Baxter).

So if I WERE to keep Scrag I'd have Splinter and his four mutant boys vs Shredder and his four mutant boys. There's symmetry to that, right?

Curse you NECA! I don't even like the cartoon!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #86
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Now... I never liked the cartoon, and I have no recollection of Scrag, and had every intention of selling the other figures to cover the cost of Danny and clone Shredder.

But this is a cool looking character. I did get Bebop and Rocksteady, because I enjoyed the Archie comics back in the day, and they fit with that aesthetic. To that end I also bought Shredder (and Leo). After the reveal of the Turtles in diguise and the unique headsculpts, I preordered Splinter (and Baxter).

So if I WERE to keep Scrag I'd have Splinter and his four mutant boys vs Shredder and his four mutant boys. There's symmetry to that, right?

Curse you NECA! I don't even like the cartoon!

Scrag was part of Bebop and Rocksteady's gang. IIRC he was mutated for an instant and then shot with Shredder's Mutation gun as a test on how it was going to work against Splinter.

He's truly a deep-cut character. I'm not sure if he was ever used again after the initial mini-series "season 1".
Old 03-02-2021, 02:43 PM   #87
frank_one
Mad Scientist

He also made an appearance in Turtles Forever.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #88
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Kinda garbage Neca is advertising that the figures are being flipped for more money. Don’t complain and say you’re trying to fight scalpers, then turn around and use it as a selling point.

I get these are 100% attainable for preorder; just bad taste in my opinion.

And someone should tell Neca, it’s just Dan.
NECA is saying if you miss out, the after market is going for $300.
Nothing wrong with that. It was up for pre-order and if you missed out, that's what happen in the real world.

it's not a selling point per se, but it's a fact that there is an after market for these figures.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:12 PM   #89
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Man... between the two cartoon figures in these Lootcrates, I kinda wish Donatello the Dark Turtle was the bonus figure, and Scrag was a normal Lootcrate figure. Not only am I not going to be able to obtain Scrag at all since I just don't have that kind of money, but he looks like a figure I'd want two of (you know they're going to eventually release human figures for Rocksteady and Bebop).

Oh, well. At least I pre-ordered Armaggon and I guess I just gotta get Scrag out of my mind with the knowledge that I just can't afford him. Still hoping "arcade" Armaggon being a Lootcrate exclusive isn't a sign that more Tournament Fighters figures aren't being considered for mass release.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:11 PM   #90
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Hip, thigh, shirt sleeves seems to be from Vernon.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:13 AM   #91
AquaParade
Banned

Scrag looks awesome.
Anyone know the deadline on ordering? Pretty sure those disguise turtles are set to drop any day now too...
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:18 AM   #92
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
NECA is saying if you miss out, the after market is going for $300.
Nothing wrong with that. It was up for pre-order and if you missed out, that's what happen in the real world.

it's not a selling point per se, but it's a fact that there is an after market for these figures.
Nah, they're saying "Buy these even if you don't care about TMNT, you can resell them for a huge profit!", which is a ****** way to promote these when so many actual fans have been unable to get their hands on them.

I know 8 or 9 people on FB and other places who're buying these with the express intention to resell at an inflated price. Scalping is still a huge issue in the collecting world, especially with hard to find, limited release items like NECA's TMNT lines, so for a toy company to be directly advertising to these scumbags is beyond the pale.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:08 AM   #93
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Nah, they're saying "Buy these even if you don't care about TMNT, you can resell them for a huge profit!", which is a ****** way to promote these when so many actual fans have been unable to get their hands on them.

I know 8 or 9 people on FB and other places who're buying these with the express intention to resell at an inflated price. Scalping is still a huge issue in the collecting world, especially with hard to find, limited release items like NECA's TMNT lines, so for a toy company to be directly advertising to these scumbags is beyond the pale.
I agree that a company using after-market prices as a sales tactic is pretty amateur BUT these are open preorders. This won't be a case of a scalper buying up all the stock causing a fan to miss out. If someone misses these figures that's on them.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #94
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:

It’s not scalping if they are open to literally everyone to buy. If they sell them later for a high price that’s what the market price is.

Buyin all the stock of something so no one else can buy it and selling it for higher is scalping.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:39 AM   #95
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

Buyin all the stock of something so no one else can buy it and selling it for higher is scalping.
But that's exactly what's happening - like I mentioned, I've encountered far too many people who don't care about TMNT snapping these up purely to resell them for a huge profit a few months down the road.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:23 AM   #96
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Before this Loot Crate thing I wasn't even aware of Scrag. Then when it was the silhouette I still just went for the Movie and Mirage crates.

But now I see Scrag in the flesh I NEED that figure lol. Not sure what to do now, it's all about the moneyyyyy...

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:36 AM   #97
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
But that's exactly what's happening - like I mentioned, I've encountered far too many people who don't care about TMNT snapping these up purely to resell them for a huge profit a few months down the road.
That's not what is happening at all. Again, these are open pre-order. There is not a finite supply. If someone orders 1000 sets it is not taking 1000 sets away from other people. It just means that Loot Crate will produce 1000 more sets.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:20 AM   #98
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Before this Loot Crate thing I wasn't even aware of Scrag. Then when it was the silhouette I still just went for the Movie and Mirage crates.

But now I see Scrag in the flesh I NEED that figure lol. Not sure what to do now, it's all about the moneyyyyy...
You don't remember him from the show and the mutation gun episode and whatnot? I don't think I remembered his name until the figure, but it's like you can't help but feel that he's the mutant that never was.....

And this convo made me realize something - wouldn't it have been terrific if NECA double printed their city block playset so that on the back it was a Technodrome playset? Now THAT is a lost opportunity right there.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #99
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
That's not what is happening at all. Again, these are open pre-order. There is not a finite supply. If someone orders 1000 sets it is not taking 1000 sets away from other people. It just means that Loot Crate will produce 1000 more sets.
Exactly, it's not possible to scalp lootcrates. Get in now, miss out, or pay the price later.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:31 PM   #100
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Loot Crate replaced the silhouette of Armaggon with a shot of the actual figure. Looks very accurate to the TF sprite and also looks to have an articulated jaw. Super excited to get ahold of this and pose him next to TiT Slash.

Last edited by Chaotix12345; 03-04-2021 at 09:13 PM.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote