Source: bro, trust me
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #142
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Source: bro, trust me
As a fellow 15+ year member of the 'drome, I want to, but as someone who's not excited about that concept/description, I don't want to...

although, it could be worse.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #143
Vegita-San
Emperor

IDW, yes. 2D, yes.

'current real world issues?' 'feel safe'?

gaaaaahh.......

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #144
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well i thought it was an obvious joke but I guess you never know now
Old 12-17-2020, 03:05 PM   #145
Vegita-San
Emperor

bingo. anything crazy is possible, specially this year .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #146
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I found some information !
Oh, that can die in a fire.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #147
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
On one hand, I agree. I like the idea of them just being 'freaks' in a cruel world with ruthless ninjas and other dangers around them. One of the worst aspects of the 2012 series was its 'mutation fetish'. Look, I loved 2012 TMNT, but they overdid it on the mutants and freaks (Casey was one of the few relevant humans in the entire series).

On the other hand, I do like some of the mutants and weirdness. This is also something the toy companies (ie Playmates) wants, so they can sell more merch.
I think, weirdness can be achieved via different means, like aliens, robots, whatever. TMNT'verse is big and bountiful, you can find everything and a kitchen sink there, so I think, it is not necessary to evoke (a lot of) mutants at all.

Just keep the most famous ones around: B&R, Leatherhead (if he is a mutant), Slash, maybe Rahzar and Tokka, Baxter, if necessary.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #148
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Well... The execution might be so massively better than the concept that it ends up OK, but my knee-jerk reaction is... Well, see directly above. That.

Hopefully, no one has suddenly posted something like "I like rainbows...! Squuueee!"

Edit: Not quite. I meant Andrew's post. That.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #149
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Kek, I know that's a joke
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #150
CyberCubed
Overlord

Next thing you know they will introduce a female Turtle who was previously a human ninja who had a crush on Casey Jones and now she's a lesbian with a female pig mutant!

Imagine if that happened?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #151
Torterra
Foot Soldier

I mean it could be possible that it's a continuation of a previous series. I could see it POSSIBLE maybe it being the sequel series to Rise. It makes sense with the name not mention previous incarnations did have name changes but still follow the same version of the characters case in point there was the TMNT 2003 series then TMNT: Fast Forward, then TMNT: Back to the Sewers. Different names for each but still follows the 2003 version of turtles and characters.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #152
CyberCubed
Overlord

Considering they killed off Rise early (they shortened the second season by half), it's unlikely to be a continuation of it. If Rise was successful with kids it likely would have gotten at least a 5-year run like the 2012 show did.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:00 PM   #153
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Didn't see it in the thread after a quick glance (apologies if I just missed it), so just dropping this link in here.

https://uspto.report/TM/90367277

The page looks to have a timeline for the trademark process, including mention that the "application will be assigned to an examining attorney approximately 3 months after filing date." So might not be any updates to that until at least March? If the process is that slow, then I guess that might rule out the Netflix Rise movie.

Also a couple viewable document files attached to the page, one an image that's presumably the basic text stand-in for a future logo. The other document looks to be the application data.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #154
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Didn't see it in the thread after a quick glance (apologies if I just missed it), so just dropping this link in here.

https://uspto.report/TM/90367277

The page looks to have a timeline for the trademark process, including mention that the "application will be assigned to an examining attorney approximately 3 months after filing date." So might not be any updates to that until at least March? If the process is that slow, then I guess that might rule out the Netflix Rise movie.

Also a couple viewable document files attached to the page, one an image that's presumably the basic text stand-in for a future logo. The other document looks to be the application data.
Depending on how long these things take to make, could it be they're already working on it behind the scenes so they can at least have enough to show a trailer or something by the time they do finalize the rights?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:32 PM   #155
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Viacom is having their big investor presentation this afternoon to go over Paramount Plus - similar to what Disney had in December. It’s possible, although probably unlikely, we could learn more about this Next Chapter show.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:57 PM   #156
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I told you it is the next series that will start this year. The 2018 series started one year after 2012 ended and the same is happening now with the next series starting one year after rise of tmnt ended.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #157
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dearly hope they don't turn around and trap a new show on a streaming service and limit its audience like that...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:37 PM   #158
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like you can watch Rise on Paramount+. a lot of the stuff from Nickelodeon will be on the streaming service.
https://twitter.com/paramountplus/st...17469399711747
Old 02-25-2021, 10:37 AM   #159
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I dearly hope they don't turn around and trap a new show on a streaming service and limit its audience like that...
people are becoming angry with disney+ neftlix hbo e.t.c soon they will all fail because most people will not want to pay for 3 or 4 channels monhtly just to watch 2 or 3 series.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #160
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
people are becoming angry with disney+ neftlix hbo e.t.c soon they will all fail because most people will not want to pay for 3 or 4 channels monhtly just to watch 2 or 3 series.
itll be interesting to see what the industry will be like netflix isn't going anywhere anytime soon, hbo has inflated numbers with their free services, prime video only exists because of the shipping benefits and that helps it be number 3. Disney+ has a lot of power behind it and a lot of money spent, unsure if the other ones will ever be profitable. AT&T has a lot going on HBO Max but I dunno. It'd be a shame if people embrace it and then we all have 7 streaming services but i'm confident that won't happen