Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:32 AM   #582
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I kinda see Shredder enjoying Karaoke
It is huge in Japan.

Shredder either in costume or in a suit with his henchmen on a day off, drunkenly singing songs in a karaoke bar.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #583
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I think Donnie would enjoy this cake.

The cake it a lie. Legitimately.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #584
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It is huge in Japan.

Shredder either in costume or in a suit with his henchmen on a day off, drunkenly singing songs in a karaoke bar.
This is what I imagine Shredder is doing when he sings karaoke

Old 07-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #585
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Someone who has a rigged (for animation) Shredder 3D model (and knows someone who can do a good Shredder voice) needs to make it happen.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #586
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I do have the cgi models from the OotS game, don't remember if Shredder is rigged though. I kinda lost interest in doing fan animations when I found out Leo wasn't rigged, and I hate rigging models it's too tedious
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #587
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

On a daily basis
What do you guys think the turtles and splinter read day in and out?
I guess it would depend on the iteration of the tmnt we are talking about ?
Old 07-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #588
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
On a daily basis
What do you guys think the turtles and splinter read day in and out?
I guess it would depend on the iteration of the tmnt we are talking about ?
Splinter would probably either read history books or trashy romace novels, Raph would read magazines to pas time. Don of course would read science/math textbooks, I could also see him being a fan of cosmic horror. Leonardo would mostly enjoy fantasy novels/comics or like Splinter enjoy reading about history. Mikey actually is the most read of the bunch and enjoys things from Battle Shonen manga to Chuck Palahniuk
Old 07-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #589
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think this came up earlier?

But for some reason, I love the idea of Splinter reading trashy romance novels . Pairs well with his love of soap operas.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:05 PM   #590
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I think this came up earlier?

But for some reason, I love the idea of Splinter reading trashy romance novels . Pairs well with his love of soap operas.
It would probably also be the way that Krang learns English if they ever explore that.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 07-02-2018 at 11:25 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:29 AM   #591
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He probably has other ways. I like to think he only ended up watching John and Marsha because it got left on the screen and he couldn't find the remote. And then he got stuck watching it. Like a fly in a web.

A bit like my favorite moment of Gravity Falls...

(I may have to draw this situation...)
Old 07-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #592
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Going back to the whole books thing I see Leo liking books with heavily romantism themes while Donatello prefering the more enlightment side of things
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #593
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't forget the local newspaper, too. Either a discarded one or simply via website. Always a good idea to keep up on what's going on around them for their own sake.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #594
Donnie
Something from the Past

Here's one.

Hypothetical situation: not that it would ever happen, but, if the Turtles are forced to fight one another. Donatello's out. Can Michelangelo beat Leonardo and Raphael? Not at the same time, but separately. Michelangelo bested Raphael in the comics (see Mirage #2), but to my knowledge never really went against Leonardo. I personally think Michelangelo is the best fighter because he is less calculated than Leonardo and thus can improvise maneuvers more easily.

Michelangelo won the Battle Nexus in 2k3, but I'm not speaking of the Battle Nexus. Just in terms of Turtle vs. Turtle.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #595
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Here's one.

Hypothetical situation: not that it would ever happen, but, if the Turtles are forced to fight one another. Donatello's out. Can Michelangelo beat Leonardo and Raphael? Not at the same time, but separately. Michelangelo bested Raphael in the comics (see Mirage #2), but to my knowledge never really went against Leonardo. I personally think Michelangelo is the best fighter because he is less calculated than Leonardo and thus can improvise maneuvers more easily.

Michelangelo won the Battle Nexus in 2k3, but I'm not speaking of the Battle Nexus. Just in terms of Turtle vs. Turtle.
I always like to think Mikey is or has the potential to be the best "ninja" of the group, instead of a one on one or a fight head on Mikey excels to most a stealth, surprise attacks, environmental use, spying, and psychological warfare. So in a straight up fight I don't seem him winning in a fight against Leo or Raph but using psychological warfare(as seen in the Battle Nexus tournament you just mentioned) or being in an environment where he can use stealth or do sneak attacks(like the city, forest,etc) I can see him winning.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:51 AM   #596
neatoman
Emperor

I just got back home from spending several days clearing out my late grandfather's apartment. While we were able to save most of his books by donating them to thrift shops, most of his stuff had to be trashed.

It got me wondering about what would happen to my collection if I died, some of it including TMNT comics. Would it end up in libraries, secend hand shops, ebay or just get trashed?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:00 AM   #597
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most people tend to sell off or give away their things when they get old, or pass them down to their children or grandchildren.

We've already seen it with people in "old" fandoms like original Star Trek fans, or old Star Wars fans...or old DC/Marvel comic book fans from the 60's-70's, etc...they either sell their collections off, pass them down to their kids or grandkids, or give them to comic shops, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:45 AM   #598
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I just got back home from spending several days clearing out my late grandfather's apartment. While we were able to save most of his books by donating them to thrift shops, most of his stuff had to be trashed.

It got me wondering about what would happen to my collection if I died, some of it including TMNT comics. Would it end up in libraries, secend hand shops, ebay or just get trashed?
As you probably know, it's up to the Heirs (not those with "Eloise") . It also depends on if TMNT is still popular or not at that time, and if there is any interest among comic collectors.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #599
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just realized something...

Is anyone going to think to tell Honeycutt about Bishop? I'm sure he'd be very interested to see that there's a bio-engineered robot body made on Earth and running around. One that probably wouldn't be too difficult for him to make himself without too much hassle.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:50 AM   #600
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It may just be me, but ... does anyone else think that the Rise!Turtles are all adorkable, at least in their own, special way?

They all have somewhat of a charm to them. I don't know why I think that, but I just do.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote