The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

TMNT #118 Preview and Discussion

Issue 118 comes out tomorrow, Here's a preview of it.

Spoiler:

Old 06-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

"Uncle Shredder" needs a day job or something. Maybe he could become a lawyer in Bel Air?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hm, how does Saki know Lita? Is he from the future timeline or something? Doesn't really make sense for the Saki who was just brought back to life 6 months ago to be on such friendly terms with her.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

What the flying hell is going on????? What happened to Saki in hell?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, how does Saki know Lita? Is he from the future timeline or something? Doesn't really make sense for the Saki who was just brought back to life 6 months ago to be on such friendly terms with her.
Beat me to it. Unless there's a whole lot about him (his new "him") we don't know yet and this isn't as humungous of a plot hole as it looks right now... But on the surface, yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
What the flying hell is going on????? What happened to Saki in hell?
Saki the Friendly Ghost! The plot thickens... Holy hell (literally), am I excited for this!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:15 PM   #6
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i'm wondering why the weasels didn't say anything other than not wanting to get into trouble. as for knowing lita, maybe it's a timey whimy thing.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #7
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i'm wondering why the weasels didn't say anything other than not wanting to get into trouble. as for knowing lita, maybe it's a timey whimy thing.
Could be. Maybe we're just overthinking this. Time isn't linear in the afterlife, after all, which makes them both time travelers in a way.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Beat me to it. Unless there's a whole lot about him (his new "him") we don't know yet and this isn't as humungous of a plot hole as it looks right now... But on the surface, yikes!

Saki the Friendly Ghost! The plot thickens... Holy hell (literally), am I excited for this!
Wow I’m surprised to see you are excited for this book after your tantrum in the other thread, ngl. Glad you’re actually enjoying some of the IDW books, because I was certain you were arguing my point that IDW has been putting out a lot of great stuff.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Wow I’m surprised to see you are excited for this book after your tantrum in the other thread, ngl. Glad you’re actually enjoying some of the IDW books, because I was certain you were arguing my point that IDW has been putting out a lot of great stuff.
Maybe because the plot is finally starting to pick up some? And cause it's finally starting to deal with character we actually care about, like Saki?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Heh... "My" tantrum, yeah.

See? What did I tell you about not getting other people's points? Of course I'm excited for anything that gets this comic back on track, and giving us a glimpse at what Saki's been up to all this time and what his presence might entail in the future is no small part of that. I'm sure IDW puts out lots of great other stuff, but I came and stayed for IDW TMNT, which has been far from great in recent months. Even the smallest spark can rekindle the fires of hope, though.

Now please settle down and let's wait to see what tomorrow's issue brings.

Quote:
Maybe because the plot is finally starting to pick up some? And cause it's finally starting to deal with character we actually care about, like Saki?
Beat me to it again. You guys are faster than Saki today!
Old 06-22-2021, 03:44 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Judging by the first few pages, I think this issue will be a slow-burn.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:53 PM   #12
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Judging by the first few pages, I think this issue will be a slow-burn.
The last few months have redefined that notion. This kind of slow burn, I like.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #13
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Heh... "My" tantrum, yeah.

See? What did I tell you about not getting other people's points? Of course I'm excited for anything that gets this comic back on track, and giving us a glimpse at what Saki's been up to all this time and what his presence might entail in the future is no small part of that. I'm sure IDW puts out lots of great other stuff, but I came and stayed for IDW TMNT, which has been far from great in recent months. Even the smallest spark can rekindle the fires of hope, though.

Now please settle down and let's wait to see what tomorrow's issue brings.
Well yeah, you had a fit, calling me a hive-mind, or something, because we disagreed about the comic book.

Point is, I'm surprised to see you excited for the book after your comments in that thread is all. Anyone would be. I guess seeing Saki really excites you? Makes sense if so, as he is a "main cast" character.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:57 PM   #14
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Well there is the whole past and future running side-by-side in hell, might be related.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #15
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Well yeah, you had a fit, calling me a hive-mind, or something, because we disagreed about the comic book.

Point is, I'm surprised to see you excited for the book after your comments in that thread is all. Anyone would be. I guess seeing Saki really excites you? Makes sense if so, as he is a "main cast" character.
You and I remember Budapest very differently.

Can't be that surprising, considering you then go on to summarize the exact reasons why I'm so optimistic about this particular issue... And yes, consider this a confirmation of your theory. But let's wait and see what comes out of it.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:24 PM   #16
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i think one of the weirdest things is seeing shredder smile.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i think one of the weirdest things is seeing shredder smile.
Yeah, but see, his scowl in the first panel balances it out.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:08 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

For some reason Shredder despite now being alive, is now apparently able to move in ghostly-form, able to travel between walls and apparently long distances. I'm not sure when this was established, as I'm pretty sure this is the first time we're seeing this.

April on the run from mutant eels was nice as well as her getting bitten, but I hope she doesn't get mutated. Seems Baxter has finally turned on her, although it does feel a bit abrupt. The new black assistant feels like she will be a love interest for Baxter at some point. Good issue and better than the last few, but again the Turtles themselves hardly get any screentime.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #19
ChosenOne
Banned

Damn, that was brutal! The bite on April's leg is probably one of the most serious, bloodiest injuries we've seen in this comic. Sure, there have been other leg injuries, but none quite so bloody. I knew the classic April vs Baxter scenario would happen, I just didn't expect it to be so intense. This is good sh*t.

Null and the EPF are back in play too... Zara works for Null, right? As a liaison with the Mayor's office or what-have-you? She reminds me of Mercy Graves, though the character's name and her association with the baby Slitheries - aquatic monsters, pretty much - makes me hope she'll eventually meet the same end as a more infamous Zara.

I expect this whole thing will end in a stalemate between April and Baxter in the public eye, partially thanks to the reporter, but she'll no longer have inside access. On the plus side, she now knows he is actively involved with Null and can (finally!) put the Turtles onto our favorite long-neglected little she-devil.

Gotta be honest, Saki suggesting a riff to Jennika is one of the silliest things I've ever read. And this is TMNT we're talking. Silly is the name of the game. His Big Damn Heroes moment in the sewers more than makes up for it, though.

Oh, and I love the little detail of Donnie using chopsticks to type on the laptop because of his fingers!

Please keep this edge-of-your-seat quality up, progress the actual plot threads instead of nonsensical SJW detours and give the OG Turtles a bit more focus, and we're golden.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 06-23-2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #20
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

The IDW shredder was one of my favorite versions of the character and I'm interested to see where this goes.

I am surprised that they did print a negative letter but I'm not surprised at all with Bobby's dismissive reaction to it. The same message we've seen for the last year or so "if you don't like it you don't have to read it" washing their hands of any accountably for the mess that mutant Town has become.

Im really curious now as to what we should expect for the last half of the year. We should have a new writer in right? Who do you guys want to try and salvage this book? Who could IDW realistically hire? I think with Ronin taking as long as it has that Tom is out of the picture aside from his annual books he's been doing.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote