The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-09-2022, 12:10 PM   #121
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

This went up yesterday, sold out, then went back up a few hours later. I forgot to post it here. Sorry. But good news, it's still up.

pre-order for Fury Toys Donatello, with $1 deposit (they match the $1, so you get $1 off as a result.) FREE SHIPPING.

Downside, they don't state the full price yet. But it will be comparable to what 5ktoys charges, could be a small difference.

I have used this store before. It has a great reputation. You can either order here, wait for 5ktoys to put it up, or try to get one on Aliexpress.

https://gundamit.com/fury-toys-1-12-...llo_p1946.html

Gundamit shares an account system with their sister site, showzstore.com. I don't know why they have two different sites since they are nearly identical, but if you have already ordered from showzstore then you know what to expect from them.

BONUS: review of Leo from TheFwoosh:

I've already harped on the size, which I still feel is a downside to this line. But they still offer a lot in terms of great paint apps, unique look & style, and overall quality to justify buying for my collection. I hope many agree.

... and with that, now we wait for Splinter (hopefully next), Mikey and Raph.

Last edited by Zulithe; 12-09-2022 at 12:24 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:35 AM   #122
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Mouse Master and the Supplementary Parts pack are also up on gundamit.

Mouse Master
https://gundamit.com/fury-toys-samur...ter_p1956.html

Supplementary Parts
https://gundamit.com/fury-toys-samur...rts_p1955.html
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 11:43 AM   #123
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I hope nobody sleeps on Splinter and the parts pack (which comes with the four baby turtles, and some great new heads for Don/Leo)

$1 each to lock in a pre-order... worth it.
Old 12-14-2022, 12:16 AM   #124
Otter
Stone Warrior

Keen on Master and the baby turtles, but have zero need for the other supplementary parts.

Given the lack of clear communication around this release (including actual retail costs) I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger on a pre-order with a retailer I've never heard of. The dollar deposit only makes me more heaitant.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 01:41 AM   #125
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Keen on Master and the baby turtles, but have zero need for the other supplementary parts.

Given the lack of clear communication around this release (including actual retail costs) I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger on a pre-order with a retailer I've never heard of. The dollar deposit only makes me more heaitant.
All I have to add is that Gundamit and Show.Z Store are both extremely reputable. I have ordered multiple items from them, and I'm in some Discord servers where people regularly order from and recommend them.

The final costs you will pay, after accounting for shipping and such, will be very close to 5ktoys, and you might even get them faster than from 5ktoys based on some reports I read. As for the actual final costs and which site will be cheaper, I'm not sure, there could be a variance of a few dollars, and I'm not sure which site will be cheaper. I can tell you this... gundamit/show.z tend to list the items at a cheaper price when they first come out, then after some time, they raise the price -- but this is common practice on import sites. So you usually want to order early as possible.

Last edited by Zulithe; 12-14-2022 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:50 PM   #126
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
All I have to add is that Gundamit and Show.Z Store are both extremely reputable. I have ordered multiple items from them, and I'm in some Discord servers where people regularly order from and recommend them.

The final costs you will pay, after accounting for shipping and such, will be very close to 5ktoys, and you might even get them faster than from 5ktoys based on some reports I read. As for the actual final costs and which site will be cheaper, I'm not sure, there could be a variance of a few dollars, and I'm not sure which site will be cheaper. I can tell you this... gundamit/show.z tend to list the items at a cheaper price when they first come out, then after some time, they raise the price -- but this is common practice on import sites. So you usually want to order early as possible.
Thanks for all the info. Given you vouching for them and after reviewing their cancellation policy, I've given them a crack. I'm still a bit dirty about having to buy the turtles' heads as well, but we'll see how it all plays out.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #127
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Finally got around to opening Spring - I really like this figure now that he's in-hand.

The shell construction is especially nice with the partial pivot at the waist, while the paint work is exceptional.

Can't wait to see the rest of these guys.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:31 PM   #128
Cloud Strife
Random Punk

Does anyone know which size won for Donatello? If the taller one won, I’m out on this line. He would be way too tall in comparison and I’m particular about scale.

Nick TMNT Customs: 1988/2003 Inspired Custom Nick Turtles

My Customs' Facebook Page: Cole Customs
Cloud Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:21 PM   #129
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
Does anyone know which size won for Donatello? If the taller one won, I’m out on this line. He would be way too tall in comparison and I’m particular about scale.
This exact reason is why I abandoned the Transformers R.E.D. line, which is ashame because it was an amazing concept. And then they released the Bumblebee figure.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:44 AM   #130
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Autumn, The Master and the Supplementary Kit are up for pre-order on 5ktoys.

Autumn - https://5ktoys.com/collections/pre-o...-action-figure

The Master - https://5ktoys.com/collections/pre-o...-action-figure

Supplementary Kit - https://5ktoys.com/collections/pre-o...ementary-parts

On a side note, I don't know if it has been confirmed by anyone but is the FuRay Crocker figure part of the same series as the Fury Toys figures?
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 07:56 AM   #131
Fenrys
New Recruit

Absolutely love the look of these figures! They're perfect modernizations in my opinion. Recently lucked into getting Spring and I cannot wait to get the others! Grabbed Autumn, Master and the accessory set and I think I'll be all in on this line. Yall see the teaser for the next subline from Fury Toys yet? Abyss Force, which is gonna be sharks.
Fenrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:56 PM   #132
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Already had mine ordered from gundamit personally.

I was hoping we'd see this 2nd wave a lot faster than "q4 2023" based on 5ktoys estimate. That's rough. I hope it's just a veeeery open-ended estimate.

Maybe at this rate we'll get all 4 turtles and splinter by q4 2025.

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-10-2023 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:17 AM   #133
mikey0
Foot Elite

Swordsman Mumei (Usagi lookalike) is up for PO at HLJ: https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/st...CzmfPDvKkuAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 09:25 AM   #134
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

He's only $70 on BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...ils/243816?o=4
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 09:27 AM   #135
Fenrys
New Recruit

The Usagi look alike is over 8" tall and made by a different company from the turtles. Way too big to go with them.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:39 PM   #136
Robogeek1973
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
The Usagi look alike is over 8" tall and made by a different company from the turtles. Way too big to go with them.
I still don't understand why every other one of their upcoming releases are so much taller than their not-Leatherhead.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:03 PM   #137
Fenrys
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
I still don't understand why every other one of their upcoming releases are so much taller than their not-Leatherhead.
Same, makes no sense at all
Old 06-14-2023, 08:54 PM   #138
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
Yeah... but how much of that is ears.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:19 PM   #139
Fenrys
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Yeah... but how much of that is ears.
Not much, his ears aren't very long and the Fury Toys turtles are only about 4-5" tall as it is.
Old 07-18-2023, 11:28 AM   #140
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

new pre-order. This time for 3 shark brothers with a bonus parts pack. If you just want 1 or 2 of them and not all 3, and don't care about the bonus parts, you can get them individually.

Big King Shark vibes from DC, but also Street Sharks... and a little Armaggon I guess.

set: https://gundamit.com/fury-toys-abyss...psy_p3079.html

individual: https://gundamit.com/c/fury-toys_0416