The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 08:06 AM   #6481
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

That portal keeps getting better and better. Shame we have to wait so long for the sewer lair.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:26 AM   #6482
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Really wish he would’ve said they weren’t going to use loot crate anymore, the most he said was they really weren’t going to rerelease the figures. Really wanted spirit splinter but not the price of a game console.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:44 AM   #6483
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I would think after how badly Lootcrate dropped the ball and Randy's reaction to Lootcrate in Pixel Dan's interview from SDCC last year that they wouldn't bother doing that again.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:45 PM   #6484
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I'll take a grandma with machine gun....much better than aunt aggie
That’s interesting they’re actually making such an obscure character as aunt Aggie. They should make some more obscure characters from season 1 such as Baxter’s cleaning lady. “Juuust me mista Baxter”, everyone remembers her! And also maybe the Channel 6 receptionist that calls over Security Team C. Both voiced by Babs Bunny.

I wonder if that channel 6 receptionist in season 1 was the original Irma design? Since Irma was not seen until season 2.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:56 PM   #6485
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
That’s interesting they’re actually making such an obscure character as aunt Aggie. They should make some more obscure characters from season 1 such as Baxter’s cleaning lady. “Juuust me mista Baxter”, everyone remembers her! And also maybe the Channel 6 receptionist that calls over Security Team C. Both voiced by Babs Bunny.

I wonder if that channel 6 receptionist in season 1 was the original Irma design? Since Irma was not seen until season 2.
Interesting thought but she wasn’t at Channel Six. She was in the Manhattan Security Services building.

Also sounds like Agatha design could have been another case of cgi model. For the sake of giving April a framed picture for her desk.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:29 AM   #6486
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Interesting thought but she wasn’t at Channel Six. She was in the Manhattan Security Services building.

Also sounds like Agatha design could have been another case of cgi model. For the sake of giving April a framed picture for her desk.
Wow totally forgot! Haven’t watched the episode in a while somehow I thought it was the Channel 6 building.

Also seeing alot of 3D/CGI models now as toy prototypes, is that some kind of advanced technology how they’re doing it now?

I am looking forward to the Tiffany figure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:57 PM   #6487
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Also seeing alot of 3D/CGI models now as toy prototypes, is that some kind of advanced technology how they’re doing it now?

I am looking forward to the Tiffany figure.
Is the Tiffany figure being produced? The impression I got was that Tiffany and Agatha Marbles only exist as digital renders.

They really need to make a Gangsters pack (just like the Punks pack and Premutation before it).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:58 PM   #6488
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Is the Tiffany figure being produced? The impression I got was that Tiffany and Agatha Marbles only exist as digital renders.
Yeah. Trevor specifically said they weren't doing Tiffany or Aunt Aggie - that they had just done the renders to do accessories like Burne's picture of Tiffany.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 01:41 AM   #6489
Germ
Foot Soldier

With The toon accessory set coming out at some point… correct me if im wrong, but they haven’t said everything that’s going to be in it yet have they? Like I think they alluded to that there will still be some other surprises in there maybe?

On a side note, I really hope it come with extra turtle heads like both movie packs did. I feel like they need their fighting Grrr faces with teeth showing. That should be a must in this set in my opinion.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:25 PM   #6490
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
With The toon accessory set coming out at some point… correct me if im wrong, but they haven’t said everything that’s going to be in it yet have they? Like I think they alluded to that there will still be some other surprises in there maybe?

On a side note, I really hope it come with extra turtle heads like both movie packs did. I feel like they need their fighting Grrr faces with teeth showing. That should be a must in this set in my opinion.
We know a good bit of what's in there:
  • Baby Turtles
  • Big MACC
  • TV
  • VCR
  • Game Console
  • Baxter Head with Shredder Helmet
  • Rocksteady Helmet
  • "Pizza Groove" Pizza Box
  • Star of Hoboken gem
  • Portrait of Cheese
  • More Rats (at least I think he said more rats would be in there?)

I might be missing some stuff, and there may still be surprises, but I think this is all we know for sure at the moment. But if it's $50 like the movie ones have been, I wouldn't expect a ton more. Maybe some printed paper pieces.

Extra turtle heads (or even just the bottom halves with just the mouth) would be great, but they'd kinda have to double up on them and do both color schemes, so I don't really see it happening in this set, tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong, though!

I also don't see this happening, (this is purely wishlist stuff, tbh) just a big set of heads, available in both dark and light green color schemes, would be awesome. Like, 4-5 upper halves and 8-10 lower halves would be perfect for every Turtle to be able to have entirely unique expressions. And maybe some unmasked heads, too.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:59 PM   #6491
teemu
Stone Warrior

We are supposed to have a Haulathon this month starting the 24th
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:09 PM   #6492
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
We know a good bit of what's in there:
  • Baby Turtles
  • Big MACC
  • TV
  • VCR
  • Game Console
  • Baxter Head with Shredder Helmet
  • Rocksteady Helmet
  • "Pizza Groove" Pizza Box
  • Star of Hoboken gem
  • Portrait of Cheese
  • More Rats (at least I think he said more rats would be in there?)

I might be missing some stuff, and there may still be surprises, but I think this is all we know for sure at the moment. But if it's $50 like the movie ones have been, I wouldn't expect a ton more. Maybe some printed paper pieces.
I certainly hope so, and I feel like they are pushing the limits for a $50 price tag. For example, the baby turtles if sold at retail would be $10-20, MACC would be $20 and the TV accessory with face plates would be $20. Rocksteady's helmet is like $16 at tiny tantrum.

It would be cool if they had alternate toon heads, like a neutral face for Irma, Brick Bradley (human) and some aggressive/combat expressions for turtle brothers as someone mentioned earlier.

I hope this is released at the NECA store and not the haulathan event because accessory packs tend go up in value by as much as 4x. I don't want to compete for these at haulathan/costumes.

Last edited by Dask; 02-07-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:26 PM   #6493
theassassin
Foot Soldier

I would also cast a vote for some angry/snarling/gritted-teeth expressions for the (toon) Turtles, to fit into the existing Turtles In Disguise head assembly. I'd love to have my Raph snarling instead of yelling. And maybe a frowning one for a subdued aggression type look.

Incidentally, I'm still looking to acquire the "angry" Donatello mask and "stern" mouth expression (labelled "3" inside) from the Turtles In Disguise set (since those pieces were damaged/missing in my order and NECA customer service doesn't seem interested), if anyone can spare either, please PM me.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:47 PM   #6494
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

I missed out on Casey Jones the first go around due to my aversion to foot soldiers and nameless army characters. Is he really going to be re-released? If so, would it be with a foot soldier again?
Why do you have an aversion to nameless army characters? They need love too! Actually, it's somewhat understandable, I don't think I ever collected the foot or mousers in the vintage line, but now I certainly do have a lot of mousers, foot, rock soldiers and goons.

There's very limited information on how Casey will be reissued. The fact that they simply didn't restock him like they did with the other characters suggests that they have other plans for him (perhaps, like April 2.0) but to be honest, I don't see what else they can do to increase his appeal...add an alternate unmasked sculpt that has been Fred Wolfised? Give him an Octopus Ink makeover?
Old 02-09-2023, 05:23 PM   #6495
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I have to draw the line somewhere if I am going to keep them MIB and not displayed due to cost so I want actual characters. I skipped April and Casey initially because they were not packaged together, but with foot soldiers instead. April was made up for in Catwoman from Channel Six. However, it gives me a duplicate of Vernon. I got Tragg and Graintor of course since they are actual characters and the same for Alpha-1, but Pizza Monsters, Foot Soldiers, Crooked Ninja Turtles Gang,Triceraton Infantryman, and Roadkill Rodney, no thanks. I probably will get Jersey Red, Lugnut, and High-Five. I don't know why Neca left them nameless.
Old 02-09-2023, 11:06 PM   #6496
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I have to draw the line somewhere if I am going to keep them MIB and not displayed due to cost so I want actual characters. I skipped April and Casey initially because they were not packaged together, but with foot soldiers instead. April was made up for in Catwoman from Channel Six. However, it gives me a duplicate of Vernon. I got Tragg and Graintor of course since they are actual characters and the same for Alpha-1, but Pizza Monsters, Foot Soldiers, Crooked Ninja Turtles Gang,Triceraton Infantryman, and Roadkill Rodney, no thanks. I probably will get Jersey Red, Lugnut, and High-Five. I don't know why Neca left them nameless.
Lugnut and High Five were from the second gang. The two you're referring to are Dopey and Dumbo, likely left nameless so Disney wouldn't get litigious.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:23 AM   #6497
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The Smash and Zach two pack is about as low as one can get with a named character pack. It's disappointing to see M.A.C.C. with random accessories and Tiffany and Aunt Agatha as releases. M.A.C.C. would be fine solo.

Who is left? Big Louie and Don Turteli,Hokum Hare/Lugnut/ High-Five, Dregg vs Carter, Wesley Knight vs Megavolt, Kakus vs Titanus, Landor and Merrick,Skaarg and Dementor. Maybe an Aliens Among US with Fripp, Algernon, and the Starchild.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:06 AM   #6498
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Actually I’m really surprised we haven’t got any of the gangsters yet.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 10:28 AM   #6499
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Actually I’m really surprised we haven’t got any of the gangsters yet.
A gangster 4-pack seems like a forgone conclusion, right? It would make as much sense or more as any of the 4-packs already released and just get it out of the way, quick and dirty for anyone who wants those deep-deep cut figures.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:20 AM   #6500
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:

NECA loaded a preorder listing for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cartoon Donatello's Portal Generator set on their site last night.

It's gone now but price was $44.99, I'd imagine the preorders for these sets will go up soon.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/...47822196178944
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote