The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-02-2023, 04:13 PM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
I have seen *very* few people say they didnt like it. Most of the dislike I have seen was about how it took focus away from Ellie and Joel by a long shot and offered a fluff piece which is completely understandable.
Ironic, considering how the last few minutes of the episode show us Joel taking his first steps towards becoming Ellie's protector and surrogate father.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 08:24 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Bella Ramsey bonded with Pedro Pascal over her "gender journey."

https://www.cbr.com/the-last-of-us-p...ramsey-gender/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:27 AM   #43
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Bella Ramsey bonded with Pedro Pascal over her "gender journey."

https://www.cbr.com/the-last-of-us-p...ramsey-gender/
What a confused young lady.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:20 AM   #44
IMJ
Emperor

Anybody that refers to your average mundane undertakings as a "journey" has perceptual issues to begin with.

Normally operating people just work-out as part of life, manage it, increase their skills, etc. People who can't comprehend fundamentals of something do the absolute deep-dive and call it a "journey" because they were so far gone in the first place that they had to have some transformative seeking of the mundane information.

It's thick-rimmed glasses, coffee-house, turtle-neck-sweater style sophistication. These people didn't learn anything in a 4 year "journey" through college, but they call looking at the knot between their legs a "Journey".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:38 AM   #45
ChosenOne
Banned

That's not sophistication, that’s just fooling oneself. And no one else.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:41 AM   #46
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
That's not sophistication, that’s just fooling oneself. And no one else.
Exactly. Except for the rest of the cross-section of the population who cites Psuedo-Journey's over mundane nonsense. They get fooled.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:41 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is it not creepy at all that a 45 year old man aspired to be some kind of a "gender guide" for a 17 year old (when she was filming) girl?
Old 02-16-2023, 02:00 PM   #48
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Is it not creepy at all that a 45 year old man aspired to be some kind of a "gender guide" for a 17 year old (when she was filming) girl?
Because there are like at least 2 points of SJW bull#@!( involved, they won't claim "grooming" this time.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:19 PM   #49
ChosenOne
Banned

I wonder if this will be another Ellen Page situation... Bill Ramsey, maybe? Kinda funny considering Page originally inspired Ellie.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:22 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I wonder if this will be another Ellen Page situation... Bill Ramsey, maybe? Kinda funny considering Page originally inspired Ellie.
And then they'll have Ellie become a transgender man in the middle of the Last of Us II storyline (just like they did in the Umbrella Academy) and it'll be hailed as a bold and brave change, like how episode 3 was this season.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:32 PM   #51
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
And then they'll have Ellie become a transgender man in the middle of the Last of Us II storyline (just like they did in the Umbrella Academy) and it'll be hailed as a bold and brave change, like how episode 3 was this season.
Well, now we know where she reattached that finger Abby bit off...
Old 02-28-2023, 11:12 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

wtf... Bella Ramsey used "chest blockers" (basically, to flatten her boobs) during the whole shoot? Because she didn't want to show her body. What? You're an actress. Your literal JOB is to put your body in front of the camera.

https://www.indiewire.com/2023/02/be...us-1234809418/
Old 02-28-2023, 11:26 AM   #53
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Question

I think it's because Ellie is still a kid, so Bell has to hide her boobs to look more like a kid.

What's weird is that this is obviously to make her look more like Ellie and yet she's trying to treat this as some sort of gender sexuality thing.

That would be like if the Punky Brewster girl strapped hers down cause of gender issues.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:43 AM   #54
ChosenOne
Banned

And on that note, something I'm curious about: when do you guys suppose season 2 will enter production, given how Bella is still a tad too young/short/baby-faced/what-have-you to convincingly portray Part II Ellie?
Old 02-28-2023, 01:22 PM   #55
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think it's because Ellie is still a kid, so Bell has to hide her boobs to look more like a kid.

What's weird is that this is obviously to make her look more like Ellie and yet she's trying to treat this as some sort of gender sexuality thing.

That would be like if the Punky Brewster girl strapped hers down cause of gender issues.
Totally. “How can I use this to further my activism?”
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 01:45 PM   #56
ChosenOne
Banned

I wish someone would explain to these weirdos that all the mutilation and make-believe in the world still won't change their DNA. Trust the science, y'all.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:10 PM   #57
Sumac
Banned

I've heard actor was taking pills to make his dick soft, so it won't stand out in his tight costume, but it was in the 60s. Actress taking pills for her boobs to stay small is...ahem...rather strange to say the least.
Can't costumers do something about said issue?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 03:01 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And on that note, something I'm curious about: when do you guys suppose season 2 will enter production, given how Bella is still a tad too young/short/baby-faced/what-have-you to convincingly portray Part II Ellie?
Well, she was 17 when she shot it and would be at least 20 by the time it's time to shoot season 2. And Ellie was 14 in the first game and 19 in part 2, no? But Bella Ramsey has got that Tom Holland thing (with a Down Syndrome twist) going on to where she's probably going to look the way she looks now for... many years to come. So she's probably as LOU2 Ellie now as she's ever going to get.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:27 PM   #59
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Well, she was 17 when she shot it and would be at least 20 by the time it's time to shoot season 2. And Ellie was 14 in the first game and 19 in part 2, no? But Bella Ramsey has got that Tom Holland thing (with a Down Syndrome twist) going on to where she's probably going to look the way she looks now for... many years to come. So she's probably as LOU2 Ellie now as she's ever going to get.
So wrong, yet so right.

Part I Ellie is easy and believable, Part II Ellie as she looks right now... With the hand-to-hand fighting and the making out and the baby... Not so much. Don't know how it'll look/work if she doesn't physically mature just a little bit more.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:35 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
With the hand-to-hand fighting and the making out and the baby... Not so much.