Preview here.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Agent Ravenwood is back!
AlZarkovski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:36 AM   #2
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

lol I already don't like the direction its going with just the preview but I guess I'll see when I get home.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:38 PM   #3
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
I mean at least she took a swipe at Karai. That's the bare minimum of "previous foot interaction" that they could have done. That at least I'll give praise for, I'll take any amount of exploring that part of her character that I can. I don't like that the result of this is Alopex basically going back to being Angel's sidekick. I don't think that did her character any favors the first time, but I'm sure the tumblr/twitter crowd will love the girl power team back together (complete with a dumb new pink mask!)
Old 01-04-2023, 02:09 PM   #4
red1981
Random Punk

i happen to be a huge alopex fan, i just wish they would let one artist do her art work, this issue wasent bad story wise, but the art was not good at all in my eyes also i miss the northhapmton arc of her art that version was awesome
red1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 02:36 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Banned

Loved this! So much packed into a single issue... Sorely needed paneltime for Alopex, Angel being resourceful, Ravenwood's return, plus Bebop and Rocksteady put in an appearance when I was starting to fear they'd sit Armageddon Game out... And don't look now but methinks Karai just took another step towards becoming Lady Shredder. This event really is firing on all cylinders!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 03:51 PM   #6
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1981 View Post
i happen to be a huge alopex fan, i just wish they would let one artist do her art work, this issue wasent bad story wise, but the art was not good at all in my eyes also i miss the northhapmton arc of her art that version was awesome
The Northampton arc was illustrated by the current lead writer Sophie Campbell and I agree her art has always been very good throughout the IDW series going as far back as the Leonardo micro issue.

This issue's twists were certainly interesting and I'm a fan of Juni Ba's work in the 2022 Annual so their return here was also a pleasant surprise.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:54 PM   #7
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

TBH I think the best of Alopex art-wise was her villain micro, also by Sophie. That was a good mix of making her "pretty" (and not the monster she had been drawn at up to that point) without making her too cutesy. Really evolved her into being a recognizable character.

Come to think of it, that's probably my favorite from her writing-wise too lol.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:57 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

The art for the majority of this issue was really distracting, it feels like those fight scenes were meant to be epic but the way it was drawn just didn't have that impact. I understand it was meant to be stylized but I don't think it worked too well. I honestly couldn't tell what was happening, wasn't Karai fighting Krang? Talk about underwhelming.

Ravenwood's return was just 3ish pages of not much. And she's defeated by one electric shock, really.

Honestly the last 3 pages could have been the whole issue. It was just about Karai forming more alliances with Alopex/Angel after Casey in the previous one. That's all we needed to know.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 04:04 PM   #9
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The art for the majority of this issue was really distracting, it feels like those fight scenes were meant to be epic but the way it was drawn just didn't have that impact. I understand it was meant to be stylized but I don't think it worked too well. I honestly couldn't tell what was happening, wasn't Karai fighting Krang? Talk about underwhelming.

Ravenwood's return was just 3ish pages of not much. And she's defeated by one electric shock, really.

Honestly the last 3 pages could have been the whole issue. It was just about Karai forming more alliances with Alopex/Angel after Casey in the previous one. That's all we needed to know.
When did Karai fight with Krang?
The first part had Angel fighting with an unnamed Utrom in a mech-suit (same as we saw in issue #135 with Donnie at the dojo) before she reunited with Alopex.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:16 PM   #10
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I thought this was a pretty fun issue. The stylized art worked really well for an Alopex-and-Angel-centric issue. I liked the use of video game-style health bars over Angel's head to show how badly she was doing in her fight, I hadn't seen that in a comic before I don't think.

Didn't think Ravenwood would show up in this story arc but it seems like absolutely everybody will get some shine so I guess I should have expected it
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:28 PM   #11
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I can't wait for all of this to be compiled into a collection so everything's in the right timeline/order. feels like this one should've come out before the main series.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:50 AM   #12
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
I can't wait for all of this to be compiled into a collection so everything's in the right timeline/order. feels like this one should've come out before the main series.
I'm not sure how the tpbs will handle it but I believe it will make up the entirety of the 17th hardback.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:52 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Even as a TMNT fan on this site the order of all of this is confusing. I can't imagine how casuals are looking at all these different issues, mini-series and specials and trying to make sense of it all.

The other problem is a lot of these issues feel like they're padding until the big plot kicks in later on, so if you do skip or miss issues you're not missing any plot stuff yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:00 PM   #14
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Side note: I do appreciate Karai calling out Alopex on not being a pack animal. It's like the writers acknowledged that they've been writing her as if she's a wolf this entire time (by that I mean ever since her villain micro). I never really minded it, it was just funny that they fixated on "family" and "pacK" when a fox is a mostly solitary creature.
Old 01-05-2023, 12:12 PM   #15
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Even as a TMNT fan on this site the order of all of this is confusing. I can't imagine how casuals are looking at all these different issues, mini-series and specials and trying to make sense of it all.

The other problem is a lot of these issues feel like they're padding until the big plot kicks in later on, so if you do skip or miss issues you're not missing any plot stuff yet.
There is the checklist in the back of each issue and I've posted the below in the IDW chronology thread:

The Armageddon Game #1
The Armageddon Game #2
The Armageddon Game - The Alliance #1
The Armageddon Game #3
The Armageddon Game - The Alliance #2
The Armageddon Game #4
The Armageddon Game - The Alliance #3
The Armageddon Game #5
The Armageddon Game - The Alliance #4
The Armageddon Game #6
The Armageddon Game - The Alliance #5
The Armageddon Game #7
The Armageddon Game - The Alliance #6
The Armageddon Game #8
Old 01-05-2023, 12:21 PM   #16
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It seems i must kill Alopex too as she wants to kill me . And i will kill her!
Old 01-05-2023, 12:40 PM   #17
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It seems i must kill Alopex too as she wants to kill me . And i will kill her!
Honestly I'd welcome that fight, you crazy weirdo.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't mean to be mean but, boy, that art is hard to look at.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 06:15 AM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題

If they're going to have Karai going all MCU Fury then it better have a payoff. If the Alliancevengers just show up to do nothing, then I'm going to beat the architects of this series with a sweat sock.

You know, just enough to be annoying. It won't even be dirty.

Quote:

Try reading another comic.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 01-12-2023 at 05:04 AM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:15 AM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
If they're going to have Karai going all MCU Fury then it better have a payoff. If the Alliancevengers just show up to do nothing, then I'm going to be at the architects of this series with a sweat sock.
It's gonna be the portals scene from Endgame. You heard it here first.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote