The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-19-2023, 07:35 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Steven Crowder vs. The Daily Wire

Basically the Daily Wire made him an offer to join the Daily Wire for 50 million and he freaked out.

His original video:

The Daily Wire's response:

Crowder's response to the response:

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:41 AM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

NGL, I'm gonna need a dumbed version of what this is all about and what importance it has. It's all over YouTube but I'm not clear what the big fuss is about.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:48 AM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
NGL, I'm gonna need a dumbed version of what this is all about and what importance it has. It's all over YouTube but I'm not clear what the big fuss is about.
A little more broadly... Crowder's contract with his streamer expired around October so he was a free agent. Daily Wire approached him with a 50 million preliminary offer and little things in the fine print about, "if you don't do X amount of shows (already accounting for his usual 1.5 months off), your money goes down" and the big one for Crowder was "if Youtube, Facebook, etc., all deplatform you, the money you make drops to 20%." The expectation -- a silly one, I think -- from Crowder is that should everyone deplatform him and no money is coming in, Daily Wire should pay him full scale anyway. But mostly in that way he thinks Daily Wire should be building its own platforms not beholden to Youtube, Facebook, etc., ones like Rumble.

But the key is that Crowder asked the Daily Wire to resubmit a second offer. They did not. Had they done so and had it been more pleasing, none of this would be happening. The "I'm fighting for the little guy!" stuff from him is a little suspect.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:57 AM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

I mean - it's 50 million dollars. Even if the earnings are granulated from behavioral issues, outside decisions, etc he's still going to rake in magnitudes of 8 figures.

I can understand a little bit of contract negotiation to make a truly tenable situation, but for God's sake - isn't the guy at the core simply a non-mainstream YouTuber? Just take the offer.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:12 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I can understand a little bit of contract negotiation to make a truly tenable situation, but for God's sake - isn't the guy at the core simply a non-mainstream YouTuber? Just take the offer.
Yeah, really.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:27 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Thanks, a lot of that went over my head but it makes a lot more sense now.

And yeah it's stupid for him to assume the Daily Wire will cover money lost from other platforms.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:31 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Shapiro chimes in:

Old 01-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #8
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Crowder is right about them,but he's lying about himself. He's not looking out for smaller creators,he just wanted 30 mill a year.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote