The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 08:14 AM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In the original cartoon April is 28, she's like double the age of the Turtles but it doesn't feel like it. Same for Mirage.
She's 28 during season 3.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:22 AM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Hoag was 22 in the original movie? That mean Megan Fox was like 6 years older when she played April and yet looks younger. Wow.

I've noticed this a lot in older tv shows and movies, I guess fashion plays a large part in how people look as well.

Last edited by sdp; 11-27-2017 at 10:39 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

It's more about styling faces now.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #24
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Fashion, make-up, and how our culture views women in general.

I mean, Marisa Tomei (53) is older in Homecoming than Rue McClanahan (51) was when she started on the Golden Girls.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Some people also age better, but I think besides those points in general people age slower nowadays because of who knows why. As a kid April in TMNT looked like my mother but as a kid you feel everyone is older than they are but looking back I still feel weird, some girls who are like 18 look like in their late 20s in older movies.

With these two pictures I think it's only fashion, season 1 GG girl doesn't seem that much older besides the picture looking old and the fashion. But Hoag as April she already has a very adult looking face while Megan can still pass off as her face looks a bit younger.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

The realization that I'm now older than April was in most of the cartoons and movies is staggering. People are right, anyone who watched the original cartoon as a kid saw April as this "older woman."

Now the fact that most of us are older than April is...staggering. I never thought it'd come to this. You basically come to the realization that you're now older than all the famous actors were when they were first cast in popular movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:16 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Back then April was 28 and way older than me. Now I'd look like some old guy dating a much younger woman. If I looked my age that is

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Can't say that I've ever sexualized or looked at April in any sort of "Wow, she's hot!" or "Wow, she's super attractive!" way. In any universe.

I do think, however, that 99.99999% of the dudes throwing salt at Megan Fox would fast become a ball of putty if she walked by them IRL and they thought they had a shot with her.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:12 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Back then April was 28 and way older than me. Now I'd look like some old guy dating a much younger woman. If I looked my age that is
Why is it that the first thing which comes to mind is you being in a relationship with her???

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:23 AM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Can't say that I've ever sexualized or looked at April in any sort of "Wow, she's hot!" or "Wow, she's super attractive!" way. In any universe.

I do think, however, that 99.99999% of the dudes throwing salt at Megan Fox would fast become a ball of putty if she walked by them IRL and they thought they had a shot with her.
Ofc they would. I mean, she's a famous rich woman and considered good looking my many. That would be a golden opportunity of a lifetime for most men in the world.

...why did this thread become about which April is hotter?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 AM   #31
ABrown
Banned

Quote:

The hell with Megan Fox. I'll take Paige Turco NOW over Megan Fox.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #32
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

I often see her as an older sister, especially the 2003 version.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #33
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Yeah, I'm more of a Karai man.

Quote:
You can go ahead and put me in the 0.00001% who wouldn't then (unless she turned out to be a really cool person in real life, but I have no idea what she's like off-screen). I don't really see her appeal as an actress or as a "sex symbol".

Anyway, I think "Cool big sis" (or at most "cool aunt") represents April's relationship with the Turtles in most incarnations, with the exceptions being the 1990s movies and the Nick show where she's much more of a peer.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #34
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
You can go ahead and put me in the 0.00001% who wouldn't then (unless she turned out to be a really cool person in real life, but I have no idea what she's like off-screen). I don't really see her appeal as an actress or as a "sex symbol".
I'll take your spot.
Don't worry.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #35
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Have fun. lol
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #36
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
She was actually okay in the PD films, especially OOTS...certainly an improvement over what she did back with the first Transformers.

I think she'd do all right with better material as April in a different franchise--or at least as well as Paige Turco in the original sequel films.

As for her looks, well...she clearly has excellent discernment in choosing her plastic surgery procedures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
As for her looks, well...she clearly has excellent discernment in choosing her plastic surgery procedures.
She's denied having any. I'm looking at these "Look at all the plastic surgeries Megan Fox has done over the years!" clickbait articles with comparison pictures and it all seems a bit bullsh*t.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #38
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
She's denied having any. I'm looking at these "Look at all the plastic surgeries Megan Fox has done over the years!" clickbait articles with comparison pictures and it all seems a bit bullsh*t.
If a person's cheekbones and lips get fuller and more plump as they age, and they go from a egg shaped face to having the jawline of Olivia Wilde, there must be something going on.

It's just like when CrossFitters and bodybuilders deny using PEDs. Given the opportunity and means to do so, people can and will attempt to improve themselves in the ways they see fit. If they aren't hurting anyone else, I don't see why they should feel ashamed or try to deny it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:33 AM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

Most actors and actresses get plastic surgery. Tbh you cant' really blame them. If you were as rich as they are and worked for an industry that valued looks a lot(especially a woman's), you'd probably do the same or at the veyr least consider doing it.

Look at Tom Cruise. He is what now? 50 years old? ...and he look like a 28-30 year old man.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:18 AM   #40
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Shatner is my poster boy for “you had to have work done”. Dude is like 90.

Always considered April a peer. Any sibling, mother, or love interest relationship was too weird for me for the turtles.

Tags
april o'neil, character dynamics, family themes, tmnt