The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-12-2022, 12:32 PM   #121
ChosenOne
Banned

Marvel Studios can always swap her out for Melissa Benoist, they're pretty much interchangeable in every way.

As for The Marvels... No Moonstone, no sell.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:46 PM   #122
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Do we think The Marvels will bomb? If so, I've got to wonder what Marvel/Disney will do. If she's not even useful to prop up Ms. Marvel and the other one, what good is she?
Bomb as in "this movie flat out made less money than it cost to make" or bomb as in "it will be kind of difficult to justify a third one because it made less than projected"? If it's the former, I seriously doubt it, plenty of people (myself included I must admit) go watch these movies regardless of reviews or word of mouth. If it's the latter... That's a bit more believable. I don't think anyone would be shocked if it turns out Eternals or Shang-Shi don't get direct sequels, and while Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 still made enough money, I don't really think anyone cares about them beyond the ties to the previous better installments and ties to future installments.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 09-13-2022 at 07:22 AM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 06:23 PM   #123
IMJ
Emperor

There is still a standing argument to be had about the reality of the box office take for the first one given that there is some serious arguments that Marvel marketing pumped marketing money into buying tickets at theaters whose owners then went in and recorded empty theaters with sold out seats.

So who knows what the reality of the next box office will be.

There where also deniers that people hated Brie Larson and that Marvel would never lie about how accepted she was across the fandom. Now she's been recorded telling a "Journalist" - "hey does anyone want me back as Captain Marvel? I don't know..."

Absolute admission right there regarding the reality of the public and that movie even though Marvel false flagged that it was all great.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 06:49 PM   #124
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
There is still a standing argument to be had about the reality of the box office take for the first one given that there is some serious arguments that Marvel marketing pumped marketing money into buying tickets at theaters whose owners then went in and recorded empty theaters with sold out seats.

There where also deniers that people hated Brie Larson and that Marvel would never lie about how accepted she was across the fandom. Now she's been recorded telling a "Journalist" - "hey does anyone want me back as Captain Marvel? I don't know..."

Absolute admission right there regarding the reality of the public and that movie even though Marvel false flagged that it was all great.
Exactly. "Does anybody want me back?" is the exact opposite of OMG so awesome, Captain Marvel clearly sold out seats because Brie was so awesome as Captain Marvel, the bestest Avenger ever-er!

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:06 AM   #125
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
She's unsure if she'll ever reprise the role, seems like she doubts anyone even wants her to:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1...re-exit-rumors
Either rising her stakes or she finally figured out that Captain Marvel is just a gimmick for a "current year" and she is promoted not on a strength and likeability of her character (which is mostly absent), but on a fact she is a woman and nothing else. Not even a great actress.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 05:01 PM   #126
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It's still a standing argument because people with an agenda wont let it die even though there is zero credible evidence of it and the whole idea that Disney bought mass amount of tickets and the movie just played to empty theatres all across is so stupid only idiots take that conspiracy theory seriously.

Quote:
Probably a lot less than a billion that the first one but still financially profitable...then again Multiverse of Madness fell only a bit shy of a billion and that's with it being tonally divisive and not being released in certain markets. Given that The Marvels is going to tonally different to the first it could suprise us and do even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Either rising her stakes or she finally figured out that Captain Marvel is just a gimmick for a "current year" and she is promoted not on a strength and likeability of her character (which is mostly absent), but on a fact she is a woman and nothing else. Not even a great actress.
Just to be clear no version of Captain Marvel put out by Marvel the comics company has ever been popular. The only reason they keep trying to is to retain the copyright on the name.

The original Mar-Vell was a flop even when the gave him a quasi reboot. He's only gained a sense of importance because some writers really liked the mythology behind the character and successfully used it in other books. Monica Rambeau developed a cult following as a member of the Avengers but I don't think it was ever enough to sustain a solo book. Genis-Vell was also a failure and I say that as someone who enjoyed both volumes of his title.

The only one that had good sales by the standards of the time is Carol. There were nothing to write home about but still pretty decent. Things dipped badly after a few years but then the movie seemed to boost sales.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #127
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
It's still a standing argument because people with an agenda wont let it die even though there is zero credible evidence of it and the whole idea that Disney bought mass amount of tickets and the movie just played to empty theatres all across is so stupid only idiots take that conspiracy theory seriously.
We are talking about corporate deflection here - the very nature of business in an office in America. And besides, why would the theater owners who took the movies be incentivized to make that up?

One position in this very plausible conspiracy is born of marketing budgets and doing anything to save the face of a billion dollar movie machine. The other position is that a series of small business owners just decided to put themselves out there in society with this information to lie or "spread hate".

It's an incredibly plausible scenario. And measure all of that against the great public who does not like Brie Larsen. You are going to tell me the all of the white males who saw the Avengers also went and saw Captain Marvel to raise close to the same box office?!?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #128
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
If people with agenda can claim that everyone who don't like Larson or Captain Marvel are horrible Nazis and sexists, than an opposite theory, based on corporate greed and pride, can exist.
B - Balance.

Quote:
Just to be clear no version of Captain Marvel put out by Marvel the comics company has ever been popular. The only reason they keep trying to is to retain the copyright on the name.
Thanks for being self-illustrating article about conspiracy theories created by people with agenda and believed by idiots with agenda or without.

Also, it was obvious that Marvel were trying to push her as some sort of equivalent of the Wonder Woman, since Marvel doesn't have "pre-made" super popular female superhero from comic books or all of them are coming or tied to X-Men, which they couldn't use back than.

They wouldn't spend millions on marketing and pretending her to be an integral part of the End Game, just to keep copyrights.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:07 PM   #129
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Marvels director on how the worst moment in Avengers: Endgame should have been 2 hours:

https://comicbookmovie.com/captain_m...gs.e703.cyojis
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:15 PM   #130
Leo656
The Franchise

That's like saying the ending of Ghostbusters: Afterlife with Spengs should've been the entire movie. Like yeah, nah. A fist-pump moment shouldn't overstay its welcome. And for what it's worth I've only ever heard that "Girl Power" scene in the Avengers joint described as "cringe-y, cheesy, and forced". Whatever emotional response the filmmakers were trying to go for, they apparently managed the complete opposite. I obviously haven't seen the movie but I've never heard a single person say otherwise.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:01 PM   #131
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I get what you're saying but equating the "Spengler moment" to THAT moment... yikes. Though I know you mean what it means to certain people like The Marvels director.
Old 01-01-2023, 08:14 PM   #132
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More of the Brie Larson PR apology tour:

https://cosmicbook.news/brie-larson-shows-space-buns
Old 01-17-2023, 11:18 AM   #133
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Brie's "new look":

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-fans-new-look

But it's probably for Fast X.
Old 01-17-2023, 12:16 PM   #134
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Brie's "new look":

lmao

shocks fans. what fans?

Rebellious nature. Rebel against what? She's too old for her parents to tell her 'don't get tattoos' and if she really wanted to be bold and rebel, she'd reject wokeness.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-17-2023, 12:22 PM   #135
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Rebellious nature. Rebel against what? She's too old for her parents to tell her 'don't get tattoos' and if she really wanted to be bold and rebel, she'd reject wokeness.
And they’re not even permanent tattoos. Yeah, how rebellious.
Old 01-17-2023, 12:25 PM   #136
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
And they’re not even permanent tattoos. Yeah, how rebellious.
To quote early 2000's Cybercubed....

lol what?

Old 01-17-2023, 02:24 PM   #137
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Brie's "new look":

... She, uh... She looks a bit skinny here... Is she going to have to wear a small muscle suit to sell the superhero look in this movie?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 02:29 PM   #138
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
... She, uh... She looks a bit skinny here... Is she going to have to wear a small muscle suit to sell the superhero look in this movie?
Maybe they want the black one from Wandavision to be the muscular one?
Old 02-17-2023, 10:47 AM   #139
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

not that anyone gives a **** on this forum.

The Marvels has been pushed to November 10th of this year
Old 02-17-2023, 11:12 AM   #140
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker