The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #17881
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The Elite and Cody may not have as much power as they did in AEW, with most creative oversight going to Tony Khan

https://411mania.com/wrestling/backs...ly-diminished/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:42 PM   #17882
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

TBS Championship revealed for the Women's Roster which will debut on the first TBS episode of Dynamite

Also Women Of Wrestling is coming back through CBS and AJ Lee has joined the team.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-07-2021 at 12:51 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:46 AM   #17883
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Hangman Adam Page in the meantime is back from his hiatus and thrown into the world title picture.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #17885
Leo656
The Franchise

Haha, I watched that this morning.

Steiner gets sh*t on way too much for that first match, considering how much spamming the same move over and over again has now become Standard Operating Procedure in lots of big PPV matches (see Anything Lesnar or those abysmal Rock/Cena matches). Like yeah, at the time it was a bit goofy and "WTF is this?", but one could try and argue that Scott was just ahead of the curve.

But honestly, yeah, whoever's idea it was to book that match to go 20 minutes while Scott was injured and hadn't gone over 10 minutes in several years was the real villain of that story. I don't think people understand how physically exhausting it is to actually work a match. Looks easy until you've gotta do it. I've accidentally gassed myself during my entrance, I mean sh*t happens. 8 minutes feels like 80 when you're in there, sometimes.

I never, ever give people a hard time for getting blown up, anymore. You literally don't know if you're in "ring shape" or not until you're in there, and by then it's too late.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #17886
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The E-Drones/Vincels are all triggered over this Variety article calling AEW competition to WWE

VINCE MCMAHON IS FINALLY GETTING WHAT HE HASN’T SEEN IN 20 YEARS: COMPETITION

https://variety.com/vip/vince-mcmaho...on-1235083103/
Old 10-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #17888
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Robbie Fox
@RobbieBarstool
·
2h
Tony Khan informed me that there will be a BUY IN for Friday's #AEWRampage that will feature Bobby Fish vs Lee Moriarty and Bryan Danielson in singles action .

Denise Salcedo
@_denisesalcedo
·
14m
FireFireFireIT'S FN HAPPENING!!!!!!!!! FireFireFire

MINORU SUZUKI VS BRYAN DANIELSON......

OCT 15TH -- BUY IN SHOW AHEAD OF AEW RAMPAGE.

Hold on to your hats this should be a goddamn banger,
Old 10-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #17889
ZariusTwo
Overlord

If IATSE don't get their way, next week's WWE and AEW shows will be affected by the nationwide industry strike

https://www.countoutpod.com//post/ho...ing-television
Old 10-15-2021, 08:26 PM   #17890
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

this guy is amazing
Old 10-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #17891
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 10-20-2021, 03:25 AM   #17893
Leo656
The Franchise

That whole scenario was such f*cking bullsh*t. Especially when Jeff Hardy and the Usos keep getting busted for DWI and their stock just goes up every time. You can't even argue that RVD was punished because "what he did got them bad PR", because so did those other incidents. And nothing of consequence was done to punish the performers, not onscreen in any case. Whether they had to pay a fine or whatever to Vince, I don't know. But in no cases were their onscreen characters made to suffer for their real-life arrests. So what the f*ck happened with RVD, REALLY?

I won't name names, but I've been told the same story by multiple people who've been there off and on since the '80s. "Name" people. Big stars. Nobody in the WWE office cares if you get busted or fail a drug test, at least if you're a "valuable" player. It's a work. People piss dirty all the time. The whole roster's just a big soup of HGH, D-Bol, Vicodin, Oxycontin, and cocaine. And Vince and everyone in the office KNOWS that. Nothing's changed. Guys are just more discreet. They don't poke each other with needles or do rails out in the open in the locker room like they did back in the day, but they still do all of it.

What happens is, if you piss dirty, Vince just throws the paper in a drawer and uses it as "leverage" when he inevitably gets mad at you later for something totally unrelated. Like asking for more money, or time off, for example. Or if he just wakes up one day and decides he doesn't like you. Sometimes, guys get in trouble for dirty piss tests from months - or years - before. It's a game. Vince is a huge cokehead, he doesn't care what his guys are doing unless it reflects VERY badly on the company.

The RVD situation, to my eyes, didn't especially qualify. Vince definitely had to have been mad at RVD for something else entirely, and the bust was just a very convenient excuse to f*ck him over.

I mean Vince is a guy who's paid off the cops to keep his guys out of jail for murder... why on Earth would he care if RVD got arrested for weed? It doesn't add up.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:21 PM   #17894
ZariusTwo
Overlord

WWE Crown Jewel

Top to bottom a great card

-Xavier won King of the Ring
-Edge beat Rollins inside Hell In A Cell
-Becky retained her title
-Goldberg defeated Lashley
-Reigns beat Lesnar with interference from the Usos and a belt shot

Xavier seemed to be acting very arrogant, and really chewed the scenery when he won. Teasing a more heelish character?

I think the toughest opponents of this PPV were the King and Queen's gowns as well as Goldberg's gloves.

The triple threat was amazing, I felt bad for Bianca, it seemed the commentary team at the end were suggesting she has no chance at the top while Becky is on the roster. At least she put on a great show.

I would have liked Brock and Roman to both have said 'thanks Paul' when he threw the belt in between them

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-23-2021 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:45 AM   #17895
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So on Smackdown, Brock got suspended after attacking Reigns, so that writes him out for now, and Becky and Charlotte exchanged their women's titles. Reportedly, the two legit shot on one another in the exchange segment and got into a backstage altercation afterwards
Old 10-24-2021, 06:57 AM   #17897
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bound For Glory

Josh Alexander defeats Christian Cage to win the IMPACT world championship, only for Moose to cash in a number one contender's shot he earned earlier in the night and beat him to win the title
Old 10-25-2021, 04:56 AM   #17898
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That whole scenario was such f*cking bullsh*t. Especially when Jeff Hardy and the Usos keep getting busted for DWI and their stock just goes up every time. You can't even argue that RVD was punished because "what he did got them bad PR", because so did those other incidents. And nothing of consequence was done to punish the performers, not onscreen in any case. Whether they had to pay a fine or whatever to Vince, I don't know. But in no cases were their onscreen characters made to suffer for their real-life arrests. So what the f*ck happened with RVD, REALLY?

I won't name names, but I've been told the same story by multiple people who've been there off and on since the '80s. "Name" people. Big stars. Nobody in the WWE office cares if you get busted or fail a drug test, at least if you're a "valuable" player. It's a work. People piss dirty all the time. The whole roster's just a big soup of HGH, D-Bol, Vicodin, Oxycontin, and cocaine. And Vince and everyone in the office KNOWS that. Nothing's changed. Guys are just more discreet. They don't poke each other with needles or do rails out in the open in the locker room like they did back in the day, but they still do all of it.

What happens is, if you piss dirty, Vince just throws the paper in a drawer and uses it as "leverage" when he inevitably gets mad at you later for something totally unrelated. Like asking for more money, or time off, for example. Or if he just wakes up one day and decides he doesn't like you. Sometimes, guys get in trouble for dirty piss tests from months - or years - before. It's a game. Vince is a huge cokehead, he doesn't care what his guys are doing unless it reflects VERY badly on the company.

The RVD situation, to my eyes, didn't especially qualify. Vince definitely had to have been mad at RVD for something else entirely, and the bust was just a very convenient excuse to f*ck him over.

I mean Vince is a guy who's paid off the cops to keep his guys out of jail for murder... why on Earth would he care if RVD got arrested for weed? It doesn't add up.
Yeah, RVD getting busted for weed doesn't seem as serious as what Jeff Hardy has been busted for before.

I believe Triple H and RVD didn't see eye to eye. At least if online rumours are anything to go by. Wouldn't surprise me. It would explain a lot.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #17899
ZariusTwo
Overlord

WWE 2022 PPV Schedule

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestleman...-view-schedule

Saturday, Jan. 1 – Day 1 at State Farm Arena in Atlanta
Saturday, Jan. 29 – Royal Rumble at The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis
Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3 – WrestleMania at AT&T Stadium in Dallas
Sunday, May 8 – Pay-per-view at Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, R.I.
Sunday, June 5 – Pay-Per-View at Allstate Arena in Chicago
Saturday, July 2 – Money In The Bank at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
Saturday, July 30 – SummerSlam at Nissan Stadium in Nashville
Saturday, Sept. 3 or Sunday, Sept. 4 – Pay-Per-View at TBD location
Saturday, Nov. 26 – Survivor Series at TD Garden in Boston
Old 10-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #17900
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Starting this week AEW will be airing all at the same time in America

Tony Khan
@TonyKhan
Great news for you great wrestling fans who support
@AEW
: we’re back on Wednesdays for #AEWDynamite starting this week in just over 48 hours, from now on we’re officially LIVE everywhere in America! Dynamite every Wednesday @ 8pm ET, 7pm CT, 6pm MT, 5pm PT! See you all Wednesday!

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling