The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 11:43 PM   #10241
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Sega Genesis Mini

https://i.imgur.com/t30ivqE.jpg

I saw this at my door when I was heading out to work this morning. It's too bad that I couldn't have just stayed home to try it out. Hell, I still haven't even opened it yet.
You know, I just had a thought about these console packs, literally just now. It would have been really cool if they all included programming to reflect some kind of mild trophy or achievement system... you know?

That would've been a nice touch on any of these retro re-releases.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:24 AM   #10242
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
You know, I just had a thought about these console packs, literally just now. It would have been really cool if they all included programming to reflect some kind of mild trophy or achievement system... you know?

That would've been a nice touch on any of these retro re-releases.
There's always something we're going to want from these things. ALWAYS.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #10243
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
There's always something we're going to want from these things. ALWAYS.
Yup. I think this is enhanced even more by the fact that we all know that you could fit the entire Sega Genesis library of ROMS on a single micro-SD card.

Which means that any one of these given systems could contain the total sum of their published library for little to no added cost outside of the licensing fee to re-publish the games.

These small systems are still very neat, but I'm just discussing the point, that's all.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #10244
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I just don't get it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:39 AM   #10245
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iam playing Devil Hunt Devil Hunt is the first game of the new Polish company Layopi games It released 3 days ago. The company is created by a Polish author and they will be making games based on his books. It is the first time something like this has happend. In this game we kill demons. The game is very brutal and has lot of blood that what I THE SHREDDER i like! But it has very bad graphics at max settigns 1440p however that because the comapny is very small so it is acceptable.. Buy it and support them! The book that the game is based is called Equilibrium but it is not avaliable in all countries yet. Check it we must support new companies like this they are the ones who need our support the most!
Old 09-21-2019, 12:53 AM   #10246
Ninjinister
無問題

I mean the Genesis mini does have brand new ports that were made specifically for it....
Old 09-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #10247
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Dreamer Edition
Link amiibo from the Link's Awakening series

These both came out last Friday, and I ordered them from Best Buy at the same time back in June, but they were both shipped to me separately. The amiibo was shipped through FedEx and got to me in time last Friday, and the game itself was shipped through UPS and was originally meant to get to me on Friday, but they took their sweet ass time and it ended up getting to me today. So I didn't bother posting about this until I finally had both.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #10248
Prowler
Emperor

Smash Ultimate is awesome. And I REALLY love the intro song to the game.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #10249
Ninjinister
無問題

Running through River City Girls a second time as Kunio. This game is a lot of fun and easily places in my top 5 of the genre.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #10250
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Running through River City Girls a second time as Kunio. This game is a lot of fun and easily places in my top 5 of the genre.
I think Limited Run Games just released that, right?
I just picked up Gravity Ghost from them. But I've got, and I'm not kidding, I've got probably 30 sealed games here that I haven't played.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #10251
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I think Limited Run Games just released that, right?
I just picked up Gravity Ghost from them. But I've got, and I'm not kidding, I've got probably 30 sealed games here that I haven't played.
I bought the physical version from Play-Asia so I've had it almost a month now. Between having to get in at the right time for most releases and the extraordinarily long wait times for release and shipment, I'm growing to disdain the limited print companies.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #10252
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Between having to get in at the right time for most releases and the extraordinarily long wait times for release and shipments.
I'll order a game and by the time it shows up, I catch myself going... "oh ya! I forgot I ordered this!"
Old 10-20-2019, 05:41 AM   #10253
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just played Super Mario Galaxy and did all the missions.

Also playing Zelda Breath of the Wild and getting to know it.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #10254
AquaParade
Banned

I sort of hope there is enough interest for someone to start a Death Stranding thread.

Review copies are out there, and even leaks. I've been very cautiously tip-toeing around them, just looking for general impressions.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #10255
Turo602
The King of Kings

Marvel's Spider-Man was soooo overrated. I platinumed it recently, and it had so much in common with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and other open world Spider-Man games before it that I honestly don't get where all the hype was coming from. This was far from Spider-Man's Arkham equivalent, so I don't get why so many people made the comparisons.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #10256
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm guessing it's a mix of shiny graphics combined with giving PS4 owners something to stick their tongues out at XBox owners over. Because console fanboys are so gosh darn mature.

I haven't played it yet, but I've seen quite a lot of people say similar: "Pretty good, but highly overrated". I'll get it, and I'll enjoy it, but I haven't seen anything world-breaking yet, myself.

C'mon man, everything is either Perfect or Trash nowadays. No room for Just Alright. You know this.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:59 PM   #10257
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm guessing it's a mix of shiny graphics combined with giving PS4 owners something to stick their tongues out at XBox owners over. Because console fanboys are so gosh darn mature.

I haven't played it yet, but I've seen quite a lot of people say similar: "Pretty good, but highly overrated". I'll get it, and I'll enjoy it, but I haven't seen anything world-breaking yet, myself.

C'mon man, everything is either Perfect or Trash nowadays. No room for Just Alright. You know this.
I knew going in that it was mostly easily impressed Playstation fanboys who are wowed by pretty graphics and a cinematic story who never played a Spider-Man game after Spider-Man 2 that were hyping it, but playing the game just confirmed my reservations.

I obviously enjoyed the game enough to platinum it, but I've enjoyed most Spider-Man games (including the not so great ones) just the same as well. This game does a lot of things great, but they're mostly attributed to being a triple A game. It doesn't really do anything new nor does it even try to replicate or improve on some of the better concepts seen in previous Spider-Man games. My biggest gripe though is just how repetitive the game gets with how often it keeps throwing the same 5 or so city missions at you over and over again throughout the entire game, that made otherwise satisfying combat feel monotonous.

The fanboys, I understand, I can ignore them and not take their opinions on anything seriously, but I constantly see this game get referenced by journalists, Youtubers comparing it to Batman and treating it like the holy grail of Spider-Man games, and it was even up for multiple awards, including Game of the Year, which it apparently won somewhere. I just don't get it.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #10258
Leo656
The Franchise

"Journalists". Not one person working in present-day media, and especially not video game media, is an actual Journalist. They're all just paid shills, it's only a question of who they're shilling for.

But yeah, I hear you. That's why I think I've had just as much fun with the supposedly "less good" Spider-Man games. I liked Spider-Man 2 a lot, sure... and then there was 3... and so on... I thought Web of Shadows was alright... but again, huge chunks of these games were essentially the same. And that's fine, it's just... The Same.

Shattered Dimensions blew me away when I played it because it was different. No, it wasn't a giant open-world game with a hundred Human Torch races and a million balloons to catch and Random Crime Missions to stop, but... I didn't even realize that I wanted to play a Totally Different Spider-Man Game until I played it, and then I was hooked on it for weeks. I'd been sleepwalking through "formulaic" Spider-Man games for so long - having fun the whole while, mind you - that even just something that WASN'T exactly the same was like a breath of fresh air. It was just plain fun; dare I say, just as much fun from a completely different direction as the open-world games are. It wasn't as ambitious, no, but I had a ton of fun with it.

Alas, whenever I try and turn anyone onto it, they reply, "I only want to play an Open-World Spider-Man Game, nothing else." I remind them that they've most likely expressed burn-out at the formula more than once, at which point they insist that Spider-Man 2 was the end-all, be-all, impossible to top, never to be matched, and that the games since then "suck" simply because they're not that game... and then, I walk away, because at this point I know that I'm not engaged in conversation with a serious and rational person.

Anyway. I'm sure the PS4 one is good, but like most things, right from the jump I knew it couldn't possibly be the "world-beater" everyone insisted. We've more or less played that game already a dozen times; the script, graphics and voice acting can all be different/better from one game to the next, but there's only so many ways you can do an open-world super-hero game, after all.

I do look forward to finally playing it, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:45 PM   #10259
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Marvel's Spider-Man was soooo overrated. I platinumed it recently, and it had so much in common with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and other open world Spider-Man games before it that I honestly don't get where all the hype was coming from. This was far from Spider-Man's Arkham equivalent, so I don't get why so many people made the comparisons.
I absolutely adored it, but I certainly noticed the repetition and padding the more I played. I think, as a Spider-Man fanatic, it was good enough to be a fantastic experience, for me, if that makes sense.

I think the sequel has a lot of "low hanging fruit" improvements to make, which will make for a truly fantastic game.

I haven't played much this year, but I just bought "The Outer Worlds' on impulse, and based off an appreciated for Fallout: New Vegas. Going in pretty blind though. Anyone else about to play this?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:25 PM   #10260
Prowler
Emperor

Super Mario Odyssey is a pretty nice looking game and the hat mechanic is pretty cool. Also, it has a pretty cool OST.

Pretty good game, but I wonder if I haven't hit the best part of it, yet. That being said, it's enjoyable.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games