The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2021, 01:50 PM   #1
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Worst ninja turtle game

What is the worst ninja turtle game everyone has played? I have played a ton of them and I gotta say that arcade attack for the ds is by far the most boring and uninspiring turtle game. All you do is break some boxes to get maybe a weapon and some health, and then fight a group of enemies only to encounter 2 more boxes with either health or weapons to help prepare for the next group of enemies. That cycle continues until the end of each stage with nothing interesting going on in the environment. Each level you are just walking in a straight line to the right. Tmnt for the ds is pretty bad as well, but I will save that for another day.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
snake
Disgusting

TMNT (2007) for the GBA is probably the worst I’ve played. There’s a lot of contenders for “worst game” considering most of them aren’t good, but that one’s just a generic beat-em-up, and not even a fun one.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
TMNT (2007) for the GBA is probably the worst I’ve played. There’s a lot of contenders for “worst game” considering most of them aren’t good, but that one’s just a generic beat-em-up, and not even a fun one.
really? I thought tmnt for the gba was the best version of the tmnt games. It kinda reminded me of the old school games. It has been awhile since I played it though.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #4
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Probably the first one, released in 1989 on the NES and ported to a variety of consoles and PCs the following year. It is so badly programmed you can't actually finish the game on the DOS port without cheating.
TMNT for the GBA was a very good game. My only complain is that it is based on the movie, which I don't like.

Last edited by frank_one; 02-10-2021 at 06:22 PM.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 05:36 PM   #5
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

the tiger games are pretty bad too.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #6
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
the tiger games are pretty bad too.
https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Konami/Konami-TMNT.jpg
I swear I had that exact version while growing up. I remember thinking that it was one of the better tiger games. I think I even managed to beat it back in the day.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #7
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Probably the first one, released in 1989 on the NES and ported to a variety of consoles and PCs the following year. It is so badly programmed you can't actually finish the game on the DOS port without cheating.
TMNT for the GBA was a very good game. My only complain is that it is based on the movie, which I don't like it.
the first one is kind of on the bad side, but I had some fun beating it with save states and an online guide. Luckily I did not play that one when I was a kid. I loved the angry video game nerd episode about it.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:08 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
TMNT for the GBA was a very good game. My only complain is that it is based on the movie, which I don't like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
really? I thought tmnt for the gba was the best version of the tmnt games. It kinda reminded me of the old school games. It has been awhile since I played it though.
Maybe! I wasn't a huge fan of it back when I played it because I've always disliked the GBA as a platform for certain games. It felt tiny and the controls were too simplistic. I think the sprite-work in it is great, but I prefer the arcade and console sidescrollers.

It is better than the NES game, yeah. lol
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:40 PM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

Battle Nexus on Gamecube is one of the all-time worst goddamn games I've ever played in my entire f*cking LIFE.

Not just "a bad TMNT game". Just a plain terrible game. Nothing works, nothing is fun, nothing makes it worth playing. The first and third games based on the 2003 cartoon have some good stuff going on. Battle Nexus is dogsh*t. That game is so bad it's physically painful to play.

I can't say enough bad things about it, even though I've said it all a million times. I can't help it; I've played a million games and it's rare that I ever encounter anything that bad. It's like whoever made that one was specifically TRYING to piss me off on purpose.

I also dislike the original NES game. BUT. At least it's a functional, working game. It's just brutally unfair and needlessly frustrating and pretty much unbeatable unless you have Save states, a Game Genie, and/or an entire weekend with nothing at all else to do. But "Bad"? Eh. I can see it being fun if you're a masochist, and some people are. First level's fun. After that, I think it's All Show and No Go. But at least it's not completely broken to the point of being unplayable, like Battle Nexus.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

Probably TMNT: Smash Up on DS.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:04 AM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Homie what
Old 02-11-2021, 06:27 AM   #12
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

[QUOTE=Leo656;1879621]Battle Nexus on Gamecube is one of the all-time worst goddamn games I've ever played in my entire f*cking LIFE.

Not just "a bad TMNT game". Just a plain terrible game. Nothing works, nothing is fun, nothing makes it worth playing. The first and third games based on the 2003 cartoon have some good stuff going on. Battle Nexus is dogsh*t. That game is so bad it's physically painful to play.

Out of the 3 home console versions of the 2003 ninja turtles games I do agree that battle nexus was the worst. I had a really hard time beating one specific level that involved a lot of platforming. I did manage to beat that game though, but I clearly remember getting frustrated at certain parts. I did not collect everything in the game either because I just wanted to get the game over with. I thought mutant nightmare was a fantastic game though and a step in the right direction. The first game was good as well but the 3rd one was by far the best. However, the battle nexus gba game was really fun and I totally recommend it.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:41 AM   #13
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I didn't know smash up came out for the ds. I have never played smash up, but sometimes I think about buying it.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:00 AM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Mutant Nightmare was definitely a lot better. I've played the first one the most but I think a strong case can be made that the third one is the best of the trilogy.

I forced myself to beat Battle Nexus, and then I went back and tried to get as many of the hidden items as I could, and I got close, but it wasn't any fun and at some point I just stopped. My completist mindset tells me that I'll probably go back and get the last few ONE day, but I'm not looking forward to it.

I hadn't played it in years until a few months ago, but had nothing but bad memories. Playing it again recently and spending more time with it than I ever did the first time around... oof. That game is SHOCKINGLY bad. And anyone who thinks it isn't needs to play more goddamn video games, that's all I can say.

I did pick up the GBA version on several strong recommendations, but I haven't played it yet. I expect it to be better; surely nothing can get worse. I cannot stress enough how Battle Nexus is one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had in my 35+ years of video gaming. If I had the power, I would take everyone responsible for it and boil them in oil for wasting my precious time in such a grievous fashion.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:04 AM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Homie what
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
I didn't know smash up came out for the ds. I have never played smash up, but sometimes I think about buying it.
Meant to say Arcade Attack. I mix up all the later TMNT game titles, they're all trash.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #16
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Why are you playing that on the DS when it came out on actual consoles?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:42 AM   #17
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Meant to say Arcade Attack. I mix up all the later TMNT game titles, they're all trash.
Then we both agree that arcade attack is the absolute worst.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:47 AM   #18
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Mutant Nightmare was definitely a lot better. I've played the first one the most but I think a strong case can be made that the third one is the best of the trilogy.

I forced myself to beat Battle Nexus, and then I went back and tried to get as many of the hidden items as I could, and I got close, but it wasn't any fun and at some point I just stopped. My completist mindset tells me that I'll probably go back and get the last few ONE day, but I'm not looking forward to it.

I hadn't played it in years until a few months ago, but had nothing but bad memories. Playing it again recently and spending more time with it than I ever did the first time around... oof. That game is SHOCKINGLY bad. And anyone who thinks it isn't needs to play more goddamn video games, that's all I can say.

I did pick up the GBA version on several strong recommendations, but I haven't played it yet. I expect it to be better; surely nothing can get worse. I cannot stress enough how Battle Nexus is one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had in my 35+ years of video gaming. If I had the power, I would take everyone responsible for it and boil them in oil for wasting my precious time in such a grievous fashion.
I will probably never play battle nexus again because it felt like such a chore to beat. I have no interest in going back to it. Plus I own the other 2 as well and if I want to play a 3d turtle game I will just play one of those. Battle nexus for the gba was one of the more stand out titles in my opinion. There are some stealth elements in that game, and some parts can be frustrating. However, not as frustrating as the home console version. It was actually fun collecting all of the Crystal's in the gba version.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:09 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't abide a "beat-'em-up" that actively discourages you from engaging with enemies, and instead all but forces you to just race through the levels to the finish line. The console version of Battle Nexus is a bad joke.

Conversely, all the stuff I've heard about the GBA version is good! Which is odd, but whatever. I plan to play it whenever I get around to switching the wires and hooking my Gamecube back up.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #20
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't abide a "beat-'em-up" that actively discourages you from engaging with enemies, and instead all but forces you to just race through the levels to the finish line. The console version of Battle Nexus is a bad joke.

Conversely, all the stuff I've heard about the GBA version is good! Which is odd, but whatever. I plan to play it whenever I get around to switching the wires and hooking my Gamecube back up.
I looked it up. Level 11-3 was the one that I had a really tough time getting through.