The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #381
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't like Batman laughing with Joker at all. Its completely out of character. And while I know the ending is ambiguous, the fact that Batman didn't beat the hell out of him first is bizarre.

On another note, how do people feel about Joker's origin story here? I honestly never liked this one much, I always prefered Joker to be a regular criminal/bank robber from the start.
Agreed on both counts. Batman's reaction should've been more like his reaction in Return of the Joker after seeing what happened to Tim. Also, I too prefer Joker's origin to be as a member of Gotham City's organized crime.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #382
CyberCubed
Overlord

You would think after Joker shot and paralyzed Barbara than Batman would break Joker to his knees. It really doesn't fit at all given its Barbara and how being almost killed and paralyzed was serious business.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:05 PM   #383
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's their own fault for making Batman ****ing Barbara. Otherwise that laughing scene with the Joker would've fit just fine. Becayse they've been doing this cat-mouse thing for so long, it's not too weird to crack a smile with an "old friend".

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 08-24-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #384
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's their own fault for making Batman ****ing Barbara. Otherwise that laughing scene with the Joker would've fit just fine. Becayse they've been doing this cat-mouse thing for so long, it's not too weird to crack a smile with an "old friend".
Even in terms of the original story, not the movie, Joker still shot and paralyzed Barbara and nearly killed her.

That alone should have made Batman want to smash Joker into oblivion, and not "laugh with him" over what he did to a young girl he worked with and the Commissions daughter. Makes no sense in context of the original comic story either.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:35 PM   #385
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It could have been laughing before batman would beat the snot out of him off camera. It could be him realizing that there's just no hope or reasoning with the joker so.... it's time to kick his ass one more time.

The whole story was about batman wondering how their little dance was going to end, and to see if he could stop the inevitable. Like he said, they're destined to end it at each other's deaths.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #386
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Absolutely adore the comic but thought the movie was a huge blown opportunity. The prologue was just an incredible waste of time and seemed like a bad episode of The Animated Series or something. Really disappointing. Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy were as excellent as ever though. I really would have preferred just a retrospective on the impact the comic had for the first 30 or 40 minutes and then just a shot for shot word for word frame for frame adaptation at the last part. Then they could have made a "full length" feature and not butchered the story. I can TOTALLY understand why Alan Moore feels like he does about the film industry. All of his stories have been ruined by Hollywood.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:42 PM   #387
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You would think after Joker shot and paralyzed Barbara than Batman would break Joker to his knees. It really doesn't fit at all given its Barbara and how being almost killed and paralyzed was serious business.
Gordon didn't want Batman to do anything illegal to him. I know what you're saying in essence but ultimately Gordon didn't want Batman to do things the way Joker wanted him to do things.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:36 AM   #388
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #389
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
THAT was spot on.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:06 PM   #390
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Brilliant!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #391
CyberCubed
Overlord

"90's sit-com gay friend."

Hahaha. Its funny because its true.

*wipes tears from eyes*
Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #392
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
oSYZekLljpg
That was great.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #393
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Lol, the Lego Batman part was brilliant.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:00 AM   #394
CyberCubed
Overlord

God this was awful
Old 07-18-2022, 10:10 AM   #395
AquaParade
Banned

When the animation is this bad, I just don't see the point. It's more like a motion comic, with extremely downgraded visuals.

Sure, the soundtrack and voice-acting are something, but not enough to make me enjoy staring at flash-level animation for 70 minutes.

I much rather bask in the glorious illustrations of Brian Bolland, Frank Miller, etc. than watch cheap imitations of it. Sad representation of their work.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:39 AM   #396
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
When the animation is this bad, I just don't see the point. It's more like a motion comic, with extremely downgraded visuals.

Sure, the soundtrack and voice-acting are something, but not enough to make me enjoy staring at flash-level animation for 70 minutes.

I much rather bask in the glorious illustrations of Brian Bolland, Frank Miller, etc. than watch cheap imitations of it. Sad representation of their work.
Pretty much encapsulates my thoughts on this as well....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:10 PM   #397
Leo656
The Franchise

What hurt me the worst is that its existence keeps some people from reading the book. A couple of my friends never read the book, saw the cartoon, thought it was "eh" and when I offered to let them read my copy of the book they're like "Nah, I'm good. Can't be THAT different." And man, is THAT a f*cking shame.

Huge reason I hate these lesser adaptations of the comics just in general, worst-case they can turn people off from some really great books that are far superior to these... things.

I mean aside from the tacked-on opener, I can't stress enough how the cartoon fails to capture the feeling you get while reading the book. It's not just that the art/animation is not as good as it SHOULD be for a project of this magnitude, or that the voice acting is "off" - I swear, Hammill misread EVERY line he had, doing the Loud ones Quiet and the Quiet ones Loud the entire way through and just screwing up the entire tone of his delivery - but it's just such a passive experience that doesn't suck you in at all, compared to the book which is super engaging and tense the entire way through. It STARTS high-pressure and just builds and builds throughout; the cartoon just feels off.

Like it's 8/10s the book, but... not at all the same spirit. And I don't think it's any One Thing, but a number of things. They just f*cked it up. Others are worse, but THIS story especially deserved better. They treated it the same as any old story and it isn't.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubedthevirgin, eatmyasscubed