Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

August 2018 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #85

Spoiler:

Tom Waltz & Kevin Eastman (w) • Kevin Eastman (c) • Brahm Revel (a & c)

Leatherhead returns to New York, and this time, he’s got one goal in mind—the destruction of the Turtles.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Fan-favorite character Leatherhead in a battle with the TMNT like we’ve never seen before.
Variant cover by David O’Sullivan.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #25

Spoiler:

Ian Flynn (w) • Nelson Daniel (a & c) • Freddie Williams II (c)

Leonardo tests his fledgling abilities on the astral plane only to find himself dangerously outmatched when he comes face to face with the villainous Kitsune.

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
Amazing painted art by Nelson Daniel.
Fantastic final issue.
Variant cover by Tom Velez.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Urban Legends #4

Spoiler:

Gary Carlson (w) • Frank Fosco (a & c) • Frank Fosco & Erik Larsen (c)

This is it. Fans demanded it and IDW Publishing listened. The entire TMNT Volume 3, reproduced for the first time ever in full four-color glory. As all-out war wages between his brothers and the forces of Warlord Komodo, the most mechanically minded of the Turtles returns—as a living machine. And you’ll never believe whose side he’s on.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:

Featuring new cover art by Frank Fosco and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman.
Variant cover by Kevin Eastman.

Other solicitations (including all 5 parts "TMNT: Bebop & Rocksteady Hit The Road") is here.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
ChosenOne
Banned

Yay! More Leatherhead! I kinda think this is a stand-alone issue, though.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

ooooooo! OOOOOO! This gon' be good!
More than a standalone, it might be a "take a break" issue bridging story lines. They usually do that once they finish off a big one and move on to the next.

I said in the other thread that Leo's story seems to be a pretty good way to end the Universe line. Especially when thinking about it, the backups of the first few issues revolved around him in the astral plane and ultimately coming face-to-face with the Dragon Lord.

Now it's just a question of how they'll do extra stories and character backgrounds, but I'm going to guess it would be like the minis released very early on (the "Heroes" and "Villains" minis)
Old 05-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned

#86 might be a breather issue too, if there's another 4-part arc culminating in #90. It's interesting (and probably deliberate) that we'll only know what the next big arc is about by the time we've already seen the conclusion to Kingdom of Rats.

Indeed, I had that same thought about Leo's spiritual growth sort of bookending Universe myself.

It would be very cool to get another volume of Villains minis, there's more than enough of them to pick from by now.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 05-23-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's probably going to be the EPF going to Burnow Island, now that Bishop knows where the Triceratons have gone. At which point, we'll see not only what Ch'rell is capable of, but also the alliance between the Utroms and Triceratons be fruitful.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:57 AM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

I agree, but it's still only speculation at this point. The October(?) solicitations will not only offer confirmation, but also cold, hard facts on the specifics of the arc. A slow burn approach, keeping things under wraps as much as possible, is a good thing in this case. It's the kind of story that could work well enough as the run-up to #100, so we can only imagine what else IDW have in store for us that's gonna top even that!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In his response to my letter in 82, Bobby said that we'd be returning to the Utroms later this year. So I have no idea what could be going on in Burnow besides the EPF invasion.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #8
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Universe is ending?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I told you people Leatherhead had it out for all mutants. But didja listen to me? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Sad to see ya go, TMNTU.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
In his response to my letter in 82, Bobby said that we'd be returning to the Utroms later this year. So I have no idea what could be going on in Burnow besides the EPF invasion.
I'm not saying it's not going to be the EPF invasion, I'm just saying we don't know how it'll kick off, how involved Ch'rell will be in escalating the conflict, if Bishop causes a mess before the Turtles can intervene, stuff like that... There's a hundred ways this could go. And the solicitations for the first issue of the arc, as well as the next two issues of Kingdom of Rats, should already shed some light on all those details, which is why it's wise to keep it under wraps.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #11
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I told you people Leatherhead had it out for all mutants. But didja listen to me? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.
He's one f***ing insane, unstable puppy... Well, mutated Cuban crocodile, but still.

Now I really want to see what he'll make of Slash.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A situation where everyone should get out of their way . There will be no intervening from anyone. Even by those of equal size and weight like the Triceratons, once that fight gets going, it would be safer to just wait it out.

He's an American Alligator, that's been confirmed by one of the writers. I think Paul Allor, but that was a couple years ago.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
He's an American Alligator, that's been confirmed by one of the writers. I think Paul Allor, but that was a couple years ago.
Oh... My bad. I always figured Cuban crocodile because of the very pronounced ridges behind the eyes as drawn by Santolouco in his first full appearance, guess that stuck with me as head (heh) canon.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's a nice final cover for issue 25.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote