The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Characters that never appeared in the show that you would have liked to see

Any characters the Nick show never used at all that you would have liked to see? I have a few:

1. Man Ray. Very surprised he never appeared at all except in Mike's imagination of the Archie one. He was the unofficial leader of the Mutanimals in Archie, he's in the IDW Mutanimals now too, and he was one of the major parts of the original toyline. He could have easily been part of the Mutanimals as an aquatic mutant to battle Fishface with.

2. Battle Nexus concept in general, although I don't care if they used the Ultimate Ninja or not. Would have been nice to see a tournament arc in Nick at some point.

3. Groundchuck/Dirtbag. This is mostly nostalgia but I always liked their designs in the original show, videogames and toyline.

4. Nobody. I don't care for the Justice Force, but I'm kinda surprised Nobody is one of the Mirage characters the show never touched. Might have been interesting to see a human vigilante out there helping the Turtles fight.

I'm also surprised they never used something like a Giant Mouser. It was a popular choice in the old videogames and IDW had one too. Seeing Baxter unleash a Giant Mouser on the Turtles would have been cool.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I would've liked to see more Utroms, maybe make Mortu or Ch'rell characters in the show.

Groundchuck/Dirtbag I thought had a chance as one shot maybe since Wingnut and Screwloose did appear. At one point I considered the thought of Bebop second mutating into Groundchuck

But I'm honestly surprised April's school mates were not expanded upon. Irma was good until she was revealed to be Kraang subprime, but I thought they might include Burne and Vernon as people in her class or something.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder what a Nick version of Tempestra would be like, or Viral. Come to think of it the Nick show never did a story where the Turtles are sucked into a videogame or cyberspace.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #4
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, April and Irma could have been in AV club with Vernon and Burne or something like that.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

If Burne appeared in the school he probably would have been a teacher, that way he could bark orders at April like the original show.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Or just an extremely bossy AV club president?
Old 10-30-2017, 03:48 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Nobody
Radical
Dr Dome
Spoiler:
Shadow just to rub it in the faces of shippers.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Shadow should have been in the Mutant Apocalypse arc instead of Mira that meekrat mutant.

In fact Tales #69 the end of Mirage had a very similar apocalypse arc.

April/Casey having a daughter in Nick would have been a nice legacy character.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #9
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Angel - love her personality and consider her a fun character.

Sh'okanabo (not sure if I spelled his name right) - honestly wouldve loved to see him in the show. It certainly would've added a lot more tension in eps that he showed up in and I feel like they needed that aspect of turning against each other due to risk of alien gene infection cause even though parasitica was the closest thing to it that I can think of, it was alright but they just didnt seem as great as what it couldve been. Not to mention that I'm curious on how ciro and Brandon would've done sh'okanabo.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:57 PM   #10
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I didn’t necessarily want to see them in the show, but I too am surprised Burne and Vernon weren’t in it.
It would’ve been interesting seeing how they’d handle them.

Also, with all the mutants running around in the show, I’m surprised they didn’t include more of the lesser known Playmates characters like Doctor El, Hot Spot, Monty Moose, Scratch, or even Tatoo.
A lot of those guys seemed like they’d fit in nicely.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

A lot of those characters are really obscure, they're basically just toys and nothing else since they never appeared in canon anywhere. Tattoo could have been used I guess.

Come to think of it Null would have fit in with this show, since he's a devil and the show had a lot of horror themes. He only appeared in Archie till IDW brought the character back as a female, but I wonder.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:38 PM   #12
Ninjinister
無問題

Venus in all her shelly glory
Old 11-01-2017, 03:00 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Would have been funny if they did a "Planet of the Turtleoids" episode during the space arc.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:25 AM   #14
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Would have been funny if they did a "Planet of the Turtleoids" episode during the space arc.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:21 AM   #15
Shellington
Foot Soldier

Irma (for REAL)

Angel (as a classmate of April and Casey who runs with a tough crowd and needs friends)

Nobody the vigilante (one more vigilante wouldn't be out of place, and he'd have some cool gear)
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #16
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, April and Irma couldmakes have been in AV club with Vernon and Burne or something like that.
Or school newspaper. Perhaps that is one of the things she joins to get her mind of the turtles after they mutate her dad. And then later Bern Thompson wants reports on all the rumors of mutant sightings, particularly mutant Turtles. April does the report but says the sightings are just rumors.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Surprised Cybercubed was never in an episode. We can finally see the turtles kick his ass.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #18
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Tokka. Not a giant fire-breathing space turtle monster but a legit evil badass running buddy for Rahzar.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Slash and Tokka would be too similar, especially since Slash is huge and has spikes on his shell now, it makes sense for Tokka to be changed into a space gamera.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #20
sdp
-

I was fine with Gamera Tokka since Rahzar also was extremely different so they had already ruined the dynamic.

Angel I want to see in another incarnation but not here, they couldn't even do Irma right, so no point in trying another "classmate".

I definitely missed the Battle Nexus a real superhero, every TMNT incarnation has had some type of "real superhero" so surprised the only we got was from a comic book. Nobody would've been really nice, I like him

Finally I would've liked any TNM character, but sadly no dice.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote