The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-14-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
fastforwarddregg
Foot Soldier

NECA Figures (Issues finding some and what will be out in the future?

I cannot find the Genghis Frog and 4 Pack Disguise Ninja Turtles sets at Target, What is going on and how do I find them there successfully? I don't want to pay scalper prices! Like I did with the Bunny Bebop and Rocksteady and Tokka and Rahzar.
It's I go to Target and they aren't there and go to whatever Target I can

Also of both Playmates Tokka & Rahzar back in 1991 and the current Neca Tokka and Razhar figures, why have they been ones that have been hard to find within these 30 yrs?

I havent seen the Ultimate Foot Soldier yet. as the Loot Crate stuff where ya can get Danny Pennington and Scrag were sold out I guess I will have to be prepared to pay scalper prices on Ebay for them . I am glad I ordered April off NECA STORE ASAP before Scalpers sell it for $300. I had ordered Rat King with Vernon on NECA STORE and why hasn't that been at Target?

Also of the NECA Figures (They list ones to be out for at least the year https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...action_figures)

What do you project will be out within the next 2 years?

Will they make Walt with Zack & Wingnut and Screwloose, Rhino Man Bebop and Rocksteady, the Nutrenos, Burne with Irma, Rock Soldiers, Yusagi Yujimbo (His name is hard to spell), Lotus Blossom, or Tempestra (if they do then they will have made all the villians in Night of the Rouges). What of that Mutant Plant in 1 of the Eye of Sarnoth Episodes. Or what of REX-1?
They never made a special head for April as a cat, or a head for Baxter of him as a human!!!
Will they even Make Cheeseburger Man? (From the Rhino Man episode) or any of the 1 off mad scientists? or Big Louie and the other crime bosses that appeared in more than 1 ep like Mad Dog McNutt, Pinky McFingers, Don Turtelli (with a feather)
Will they make Lord Dregg, Mung, Hi-Tech, Technobots, Carter (Is it me or was he a homage to Keno), April in her Red Sky era Attire, Berskero, Tantitus and Cyber Turtles (that was a homeage to Power Rangers I felt).

What do any of you predict?

of Movies, will they make Tatsu (Why they never had merchandise of him?), Keno, Chief Sterns, and Professor Jordan Perry? I doubt they'd make the Third movie figures as that movie didn't go over well with us fans and was one sequel too many.

These NECA Figures ARE VERY WELL MADE. Too bad when Toys r us closed that took out a source of where to find them.
fastforwarddregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Nothing is going on. This is how it always is. NECA sounds out small amounts of product to random areas, they sell out quickly due to low quantity & high demand (scalpers, too), you'll waste time & gas, rinse, repeat. Wait for online pre-orders, they're inevitable.

Tokka & Rahzar were pre-order only, scalpers are your only option. NECA claims they will not be re-released. Often times that turns out to be untrue, but in this case, I believe it.

Ultimate Foot Soldier isn't out yet. Rock Soldiers were already made. Usagi Yojimbo is not owned by Viacom, but his creator, Stan Sakai. It's up to him. He's usually pretty open minded about these sorts of things & seems to feel a debt of gratitude to TMNT for the exposure it (Read; Eastman & Laird) did for his own property, shows love to the fans as well. I think it will happen. Toshishiro Obata, Tatsu's actor, has never signed away the rights to his likeness. As for any of the rest, only NECA knows.

We do have threads for both the cartoon & film NECA sets, by the way. You can direct future questions to those, as they're where all news & updates are kept.

Also, damn, you haven't posted in 12 years. What's up with that?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
inaheap
Mad Scientist

If I knew that I'd be a genius. Or at least a lot less frustrated.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 05-14-2021 at 01:53 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastforwarddregg View Post
Also of both Playmates Tokka & Rahzar back in 1991 and the current Neca Tokka and Razhar figures, why have they been ones that have been hard to find within these 30 yrs?
How can you not love the puppetry effects for Tokka and Rahzar done by Jim Henson Studios? They did an excellent job!
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #5
theClintro
Thug

So I was wondering if I don't have the four turtles cause I havent been able to find them what is the best (cheapest) way to acquire them? Thanks
theClintro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:23 AM   #6
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Tokka & Rahzar were pre-order only, scalpers are your only option. NECA claims they will not be re-released. Often times that turns out to be untrue, but in this case, I believe it.
Hey Powder!

I'm pretty sure I saw Randy hint on Twitter that T&R might get a re-release. Here's hoping as I missed that boat!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:04 PM   #7
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Tokka & Rahzar were pre-order only, scalpers are your only option.
Mhm, you name it. Exactly that. Once my story is over I'll share but for now I just keep it to "I'm frustrated, super frustrated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Hey Powder!
I'm pretty sure I saw Randy hint on Twitter that T&R might get a re-release. Here's hoping as I missed that boat!
Honestly I don't even want to say "Yeah, let's hope for that". Not anymore. The decision NECA has made for this pack and how insanly difficult it is to grab a pack over here in europe, is just way off the chain and without a doubt renders every other purchase hunt I've _ever_ been through the "childest of childs plays".

I have also obtained a couple of other packs from the cartoon line etc but I'm not going to complete them. Trusted and appreciated dromers helped me to get them but I don't want them to spend so much time looking for things when they are already trying to help me out, not preferring to sky-rocket the selling price. So I gave up over time, not worth the time and the money in my opinion. All I really care about is "finishing" the movie line but with tokka and rhazar hopefully soon in hands I don't feel like having any other requests towards that or any TMNT movie line. With those 2 I'm fully satisfied.

Last edited by Meow; 07-05-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 04:56 PM   #8
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by theClintro View Post
So I was wondering if I don't have the four turtles cause I havent been able to find them what is the best (cheapest) way to acquire them? Thanks
You can pre-order the Turtles In Disguise 4-pack from thenecastore.com tomorrow at 11am. There will be listings for US and international customers. You’re welcome.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:22 PM   #9
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Usagi Yojimbo is not owned by Viacom, but his creator, Stan Sakai. It's up to him.
I don't remember but does Usagi Yojimbo ever appeared in the cartoon?
I only remember him from the commercials for the toy.
This is the cartoon line afterall.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #10
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
I don't remember but does Usagi Yojimbo ever appeared in the cartoon?
I only remember him from the commercials for the toy.
This is the cartoon line afterall.
Usagi Yojimbo appears in the syndicated series episodes “Usagi Yojimbo” and “Usagi Come Home”. There were also snapshots of Fred Wolf Usagi on the Topps series 2 trading cards from the year 1990.

Last edited by mikey0; 07-13-2021 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #11
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastforwarddregg View Post

I cannot find the Genghis Frog and 4 Pack Disguise Ninja Turtles sets at Target, What is going on and how do I find them there successfully? I don't want to pay scalper prices! Like I did with the Bunny Bebop and Rocksteady and Tokka and Rahzar.
It's I go to Target and they aren't there and go to whatever Target I can
Doesn't sound like you're a serious collector.
You've missed out on Bunny B&R, T&R, Danny Pennington and Scrag
all of which are guaranteed to be had so long you preordered within the allotted window,
and you're blaming who? Scalpers?
If you've been on a hiatus, then welcome back. Stick around & u will be more informed.

Oh, and don't miss tomorrow's Genghis and Rasputin preorder on thenecastore, if you really want it and dont mind waiting a year.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote