The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-03-2021, 06:50 AM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

If things go well maybe issues 130-150 will be Tom Waltz in the ongoing again. Then issues 150-200 will be the endgame of the comic.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #82
AquaParade
Banned

Well for what it's worth, I really thought your reincarnation idea was probably the coolest new element I've ever seen brought to the franchise.

Not to say it's "definitive" for me, but it's an awesome remix on the concept, and gives the series a sense of gravitas it never really had before.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #83
ChosenOne
Banned

We got to read more from Tom in just a couple of hours last night here in the forum than we got in the last several months in the comic.

And wouldn't you know it, it was still better than the current run.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #84
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
I have seen the praise (including from you, my friend -- matter of fact, commented on it very recently in another thread). Always appreciated! You may be the only person here who took the time to listen to that marathon interview I did not too long ago. You are a true masochist!

(I kid, I kid...)

Look, I like to come here and mess with you good folks sometimes. I love sarcasm -- getting it and giving it. It's always been my nature.

You should never take me too seriously.

(Except when I say that our sales numbers are quite healthy at the moment, despite the fact I don't happen to have a spreadsheet handy at this exact moment for the doubters. I'm looking at you, Leo656!)

Okay... I gotta sign off now. My poor daughter got all four wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and she wants her dad to come watch her play Mewtopia while she recovers. So you guys are off the hook... now she'll have to deal with my sarcasm.

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Hope your daughter feels better soon. On a side note, I've been rereading all of the IDW tmnt stuff and I've been enjoying it. It'll be interesting to see Jennika's evolution after knowing she is bound to be turtled.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #85
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Okay... I gotta sign off now. My poor daughter got all four wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and she wants her dad to come watch her play Mewtopia while she recovers. So you guys are off the hook... now she'll have to deal with my sarcasm.
I had a wisdom tooth removed around the time the trailer for Civil War with the Spider-Man reveal came out, it hurt when I smiled at that trailer because of it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #86
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
You're a more direct man than I am. But I very much second this motion.
So, I can't show the full spreadsheet/database thingy (legal stuff) but I'm on the Diamond site right now. Just added up the EARLY pre-order numbers for an upcoming issue of TMNT (early as in we still have final order cutoff (FOC) coming for that particular issue, which means this number will most likely go up... as generally happens for each issue during FOC).

Screen shot attached of current sum for the issue. And although it's too early to tell for sure, it appears the following issue is trending higher.

Whether you believe this proof or not, last I'm gonna say on the subject. Just wanted to get a bit of factual data out to everyone to (hopefully) avoid future inaccurate conjecture being passed publicly as fact (a guy can dream, yeah?).

Look -- it's perfectly fine if some of you don't like the stories being told... whether by Sophie or myself. Art is subjective. All we can do as creators is tell the stories that come from our hearts/minds and hope we make some connection with readers. Doesn't always happen and that's okay -- it's part of the gig, and Sophie accepts that just as much as I do. Different folks, different strokes, as they say. But numbers are numbers... and these ARE the current numbers, no conjecture.

Talk soon...

Tom "Carny" Waltz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.07.17 PM.jpg (17.7 KB, 56 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #87
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Also, thanks for all the kind words from some of you about my daughter's wisdom teeth removal recovery. Truly appreciated!

She looks like this today...

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image (11).jpg (10.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by TomWaltz; 06-03-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:32 PM   #88
Leo656
The Franchise

I kindly ask that if you're going to continue our game of passive-aggressive back-and-forth - which I'm enjoying, don't get me wrong - that at the absolute LEAST you buy a shirt.

Spoiler:

I'm quite used to hecklers, but most of 'em still buy my merch.

I also have guitar pick necklaces with my logo on them, which the young ladies adore. Fun Birthday gift for the kiddo. I also have a large variety of 8x10s available, on account of I'm f*cking gorgeous and everybody wants me on their wall. Think about it, I do package deals. I'm good like that.

You ain't gonna out-carny THIS carny, Jack.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #89
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I kindly ask that if you're going to continue our game of passive-aggressive back-and-forth - which I'm enjoying, don't get me wrong - that at the absolute LEAST you buy a shirt.

I'm quite used to hecklers, but most of 'em still buy my merch.

I also have guitar pick necklaces with my logo on them, which the young ladies adore. Fun Birthday gift for the kiddo. I also have a large variety of 8x10s available, on account of I'm f*cking gorgeous and everybody wants me on their wall. Think about it, I do package deals. I'm good like that.

You ain't gonna out-carny THIS carny, Jack.
Well, I did check out your youtube channel. I, too, love Faith No More. Excellent entrance music choice.

See? There's always common ground to be found.

Talk soon...

Tom "Angel Dust" Waltz

Last edited by TomWaltz; 06-03-2021 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:46 PM   #90
AquaParade
Banned

"Tom 'Angel Dust' Waltz"

Now, that's not going anywhere.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #91
Leo656
The Franchise

That's awesome, I definitely need the help. Much obliged, pal.

I was kind of at the mercy of the sound guy's hard drive that day. First day working there. I've been coming out to "I Love It Loud" by KISS mostly, these days, when I have any say in it whatsoever. But nobody ever went wrong with Faith No More, and using "Epic" was definitely on the ol' Bucket List, anyways.

Don't forget to Subscribe so you can watch me get drunk and ramble about toys.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:25 PM   #92
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
"Tom 'Angel Dust' Waltz"

Now, that's not going anywhere.
In my humble opinion, one of the greatest albums ever produced.

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51ElXge9KlL.jpg (43.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-04-2021, 12:50 AM   #93
AquaParade
Banned

Faith No More is playing Knotfest. It has a killer lineup. Anyone need Iowa should go. I'm too far.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tom if you're still here, are you going to return to the main ongoing after The Last Ronin is finished? I mean we know Sophie isn't going to be head writer forever, so I'm curious who is going to take over the main series after she steps down.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:35 AM   #95
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

A bad TMNT comic I could stomach,but the current run is barely a TMNT comic at all.It's Liberty Meadows or whatever.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #96
Allio
Foot Elite

That’s kind of my issue. The comics just feels like it’s on Autopilot.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #97
Hayesbass
New Recruit

Anecdotal but since since about issue 90 my shop has increased orders nearly every month. There was a big build up to 100 which of course was heavily, heavily ordered. I've been pleasantly surprised with how many people that were checking out the title for the first time stayed on. From there it's been steady growth with a big jump at 112, which I think was halo effect from Last Ronin. Of course everyone wanted 113 but even since then we keep adding readers. I haven't heard that any other shops had orders dropping off. If anything there seems to be a TMNT revival happening right now. Why not enjoy the win?

Seemed to me like some of you decided you didn't like the series therefore it must be selling poorly.
Hayesbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:23 PM   #98
Leo656
The Franchise

Old 06-09-2021, 06:25 PM   #99
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesbass View Post
Anecdotal but since since about issue 90 my shop has increased orders nearly every month. There was a big build up to 100 which of course was heavily, heavily ordered. I've been pleasantly surprised with how many people that were checking out the title for the first time stayed on. From there it's been steady growth with a big jump at 112, which I think was halo effect from Last Ronin. Of course everyone wanted 113 but even since then we keep adding readers. I haven't heard that any other shops had orders dropping off. If anything there seems to be a TMNT revival happening right now. Why not enjoy the win?

Seemed to me like some of you decided you didn't like the series therefore it must be selling poorly.
Anecdotal but have you ever had a toothache? Kidney stones? Something broken? Hell, maybe even just a really nasty sunburn? Remember lying there and hoping it would just stop? Seems to me like you decided you didn't like the pain and therefore it must be hurting.

I hope I wasn't too caustic but it just came to me. I see you're (really, really) new so welcome (ahem) to the forums!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:13 AM   #100
Chet
Thug

Not really a fan of Tmntentity's views he seems pretty negative
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote