The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Campbell stays on and the comic will be cancelled long before that.
Not unless IDW as a whole goes bankrupt.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #22
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not unless IDW as a whole goes bankrupt.
Wait, I'm confused. If IDW goes bankrupt, can they still publish comics? I think something just went over my head.

(And sadly it wasn't this utterly sh*tty run.)
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW won't cancel TMNT when all their other comics sell far less. I don't even think their Star Wars/Marvel licensed comics do much better than TMNT, or the Sonic comic.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IDW won't cancel TMNT when all their other comics sell far less. I don't even think their Star Wars/Marvel licensed comics do much better than TMNT, or the Sonic comic.
They especially sound like they won't cancel it now with all the controversy, out of sheer spite, going off Ninja Notes in recent months. Well, either way Campbell's gonna bring it all crumbling down and they have no one to blame but themselves. Go woke, and the rest is History.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:15 PM   #25
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They especially sound like they won't cancel it now with all the controversy, out of sheer spite, going off Ninja Notes in recent months. Well, either way Campbell's gonna bring it all crumbling down and they have no one to blame but themselves. Go woke, and the rest is History.
you sound a lot like this one guy when ever there's a tmnt thread on 4chan, you just don't delete your posts.

their finally dealing with hob and you still have to complain because campbell is the one writing. so if it was someone else and they came up with the exact same story would you be complaining?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:35 PM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
you sound a lot like this one guy when ever there's a tmnt thread on 4chan, you just don't delete your posts.

their finally dealing with hob and you still have to complain because campbell is the one writing. so if it was someone else and they came up with the exact same story would you be complaining?
Okay, I'll bite. "Dealing with Hob"? Did you see the cover on that issue? Did you read the rest of the solicit? Be honest with yourself, do you seriously think whatever will happen with Hob and Stockman in #122 will take up more than a couple of pages while the rest of the issue is filled with inane chatter between furries in a convivial setting where nothing important ever happens or no conflict ever crops up?
Old 07-24-2021, 07:48 PM   #27
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i think it's all going to come to ahead with the next few issues, the giant rumble with the mutanimals next issue, the kids getting kidnapped. then them having to fight again at the dojo. I also think hobs going to align himself with the rat king as is hinted in 120 and the annual. they also have to deal with the slither eggs that baxter has null setting out. that in turn is most likely why hob decides to go after baxter because to hob he's being made a fool and he's using mutants test subjects and we all know how hob feels about experimentation.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 07-24-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:54 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

Don't get me wrong, I very much hope you're right. But remember, only now, after two years, are we getting even the slightest bit of forward momentum in the plot and even then it's interspersed with/dominated by misplaced crap that does it (the plot, and the franchise itself) a great disservice. There's a large amount of inconsequential fat that could've been trimmed in these 20+ issues to make them into a tighter, less tone-deaf run.

Campbell clearly isn't interested in telling stories within the established framework of IDW TMNT (or the A-plot, if you will, of the comic) and so the comic has been spinning its wheels all this time when what we're getting now - as well as with the annual - should've come much earlier.

I really can't wait for things to get back on track but we're not on the same page as Campbell on that, otherwise the solicit for #122 would've been the solicit for #112 or earlier. As it stands, it's been the comic's pace that's suffered the most, and us fans with it.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:13 PM   #29
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I very much hope you're right. But remember, only now, after two years, are we getting even the slightest bit of forward momentum in the plot and even then it's interspersed with/dominated by misplaced crap that does it (the plot, and the franchise itself) a great disservice. There's a large amount of inconsequential fat that could've been trimmed in these 20+ issues to make them into a tighter, less tone-deaf run.

Campbell clearly isn't interested in telling stories within the established framework of IDW TMNT (or the A-plot, if you will, of the comic) and so the comic has been spinning its wheels all this time when what we're getting now - as well as with the annual - should've come much earlier.

I really can't wait for things to get back on track but we're not on the same page as Campbell on that, otherwise the solicit for #122 would've been the solicit for #112 or earlier. As it stands, it's been the comic's pace that's suffered the most, and us fans with it.
thats also it though, campbells been "remodeling" the tmnt house and having the boys grow up and branch out. the story has been slow i know, but every issue it has been rolling forward with every issue showing at least a little something of what's to come. i think a large part of what's thrown people off is that campbells work works better when its read as a whole instead of just 22 pages and a month gap. the flows different.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 07-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

I find your optimism and faith in Campbell inspiring. While I might disagree and hold a more pessimistic view, I still respect your perspective. And very much hope that, in the end, I'm the one proven wrong.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:04 PM   #31
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skethis View Post
I believe Sophie confirmed her run is continuing past #123 into the foreseeable future in a recent Creannotator's podcast interview (#52):

https://www.comicbookherald.com/crea...phie-campbell/
Christ.

I'm not gonna respond to the whole "SJW" and "woke" complaints because that makes y'all sound like Trump supporters and **** that noise. That said... Campbell is just a terrible fit for this book. She's ruined it. The stories she wants to tell are not TMNT stories. The actual stories and characters the fanbase cares about have been tossed aside for this DeviantArt horseshit.

It's been so depressing watching someone take what was the most consistently great TMNT book we've ever gotten and turn it into a fanfic-quality cluster****, and to see the editorial staff dig their heels in and refuse to admit the book is dying because of it.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:26 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
I'm not gonna respond to the whole "SJW" and "woke" complaints because that makes y'all sound like Trump supporters and **** that noise.
I am a Trump supporter. And I know others here are too, but won't name names due to how bigoted lefties are. If you think there's something wrong with that, you probably haven't had a good look at POTATUS and his ilk. I agree with everything else you said, though. Could've just skipped that intro.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:58 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I am a Trump supporter. And I know others here are too, but won't name names due to how bigoted lefties are. If you think there's something wrong with that, you probably haven't had a good look at POTATUS and his ilk. I agree with everything else you said, though. Could've just skipped that intro.
Honestly though, I don't know why. Even the Republicans disowned him at this point. NOBODY likes him anymore, left or right.

On other news, imagine if whenever they finally bring in Null to the main story she does a mass slaughter ala Archie and kills off all these stupid fanfic characters coincidentally leaving the actual main crew as survivors.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:05 AM   #34
MrAustin
Random Punk

There only seems to be “controversy” around Cambell’s work on TMNT on these forums; the major TMNT podcasters seem to adore her run, it generates quite a bit of acclaim, etc. Of course, nothing wrong with disliking it, but it always seems to rebound back to its “wokeness.” Which is ironic considering as a franchise so much of TMNT is about found family and acceptance and yet I’m not sure what is “woke” about the comic right now other than an increase in representation?

And to assume people are anti-Trump on here without also being anti-Biden is a big assumption and speaks to a lot of the gross political rhetoric on these boards.
MrAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:14 AM   #35
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Honestly though, I don't know why. Even the Republicans disowned him at this point. NOBODY likes him anymore, left or right.
So you claim. Meanwhile in the real world, the Arizona Federal Theater was packed to the rafters to hear Trump's speech this last weekend while the basement dweller struggled to even completely fill the first two rows at his Town Hall. Cruz, DeSantis, Taylor-Greene and Noem, just to name a few, have stayed strong by Trump's side and raked in more than twice the amount of last year's campaign contributions in the first semester of 2021 alone, and vying for a VP spot in 2024, while his detractors are facing recalls and get booed off stages everywhere. Pretty much every Republican voter, and more than a few Democrat voters, don't believe the Dominion-tallied mathematical impossibility that was the Dementia Poster Boy's so-called election. And best of all, the Maricopa County audit proceeds swimmingly despite the Democrat's best efforts to derail it in the name of who-knows-what but certainly not election integrity.

All in all, I'm always pleased to find another talented fiction writer among the forum's members.

Sarcasm aside, I wouldn't be opposed to you taking over for Campbell. Or anyone else. Anyone else, really. Please. For God's sake, make it stop.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
So you claim. Meanwhile in the real world, the Arizona Federal Theater was packed to the rafters to hear Trump's speech this last weekend while the basement dweller struggled to even completely fill the first two rows at his Town Hall. Cruz, DeSantis, Taylor-Greene and Noem, just to name a few, have stayed strong by Trump's side and raked in more than twice the amount of last year's campaign contributions in the first semester of 2021 alone, and vying for a VP spot in 2024, while his detractors are facing recalls and get booed off stages everywhere. Pretty much every Republican voter, and more than a few Democrat voters, don't believe the Dominion-tallied mathematical impossibility that was the Dementia Poster Boy's so-called election. And best of all, the Maricopa County audit proceeds swimmingly despite the Democrat's best efforts to derail it in the name of who-knows-what but certainly not election integrity.

All in all, I'm always pleased to find another talented fiction writer among the forum's members.

Sarcasm aside, I wouldn't be opposed to you taking over for Campbell. Or anyone else. Anyone else, really. Please. For God's sake, make it stop.
If I could get away with it without major backlash from Sophie and her supporters, I'd have Null bomb Mutant Town and start the story from there. Burn it to the ground.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #37
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
If I could get away with it without major backlash from Sophie and her supporters, I'd have Null bomb Mutant Town and start the story from there. Burn it to the ground.
See, I'm on the fence. I'd keep Mutant Town, as I actually like the concept and see a lot of possibilities stemming from it, but the execution would be very, very different from Campbell's. Certainly wouldn't take twenty issues to get here. And yeah, Null needs to be heavily involved all of this. After #100, I kinda figured this is how she would get brought onto the main ongoing and become a full-time threat. Alas.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:46 AM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The problem is it's too late now after so many issues wasted.

I woulda have taken 3 issues to introduce the overall concept and explain how the new mutants deal with their new reality and how they got to create mutant town and all that.

Sideline one of the turtles, idk maybe a bad guy breaks Raph's leg or whatever and have him heal in mutant town since he just can't go to a regular hospital. That ways the other turtles continue the A plot while avenging Raph, and when we get scenes of people checking in on Raph for the B plot, we get to see what's going on in Mutant Town.

As for mutant town itself, that's what the Jennika Mimi's are for, or even create a mini called Mutant Town. Let the pig gal get her own mini, I don't care. It might not sell but it won't distract from Story A in the main series and Sophie can still get off to her fanfic creations.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:08 AM   #39
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Please stop 'blaming' Sophie Campbell for whatever perceived detractors the series currently has; it's already been said enough times that the present creative team are working to the constraints set upon them by those in higher positions and Sophie herself has said that she'd like to include more action/ violence but isn't allowed at the moment.
If anything people's grievances on here should be directed at those above Ms. Campbell for tying her hands to such a degree, but even then NONE of us know what the IDW higher-ups intentions are for the future of the comic, but it is still making money (as proven when I posted the readily available online 2021 Q2 finances for IDW) and selling plenty of copies as Tom Waltz proved when he posted the numbers for the most recent issues (at the time as this was a couple of months ago now).
I have no problem with the continuation of the rhetoric about how you dislike the current stories being published (that's fair and your opinions are valid), but please stop attacking specific members of the creative team for things that are out of their control.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #40
ChosenOne
Banned

Too bad that argument, if one can call it that, falls apart the moment you remember that Tom Waltz was/is under the exact same amount of oversight and yet still produced a far superior product. There's a reason we're all counting the days until he returns.