The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

So it seems like most young adults are not having kids these days

This has been obvious for our generation for awhile, especially compared to our parents generation, but there's a whole bunch of news articles I'm reading where millennials are either not having children or waiting for "later in life" to have them.

Women don't want to have kids early anymore because it obviously interferes with their careers. The days of the stay-at-home Mom having kids by 25 and taking care of the family are long over. Now women have full-time careers and they put off having a child because they are too busy at work. So women are having kids later in life.

Meanwhile most men also aren't having kids early anymore either (not counting unwanted pregnancies), since it's taking our generation "longer to grow up" and be financially stable than our parents gen. And besides that some people just don't want kids altogether, so they purposely don't have them. And on top of that this is not counting all the gay or lesbian couples who of course can't have kids unless they adopt, so there's that added to it too.

I mean it's pretty noticeable just being on online forums with the same people for decades. A lot of people I know are in their mid/late 30's now and still don't have kids and apparently either don't want or aren't currently planning to have any. Our generation seems to not want to procreate.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Wouldnt be a Cubed post if he wasnt f*cking mentioning age.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:03 AM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

Is this an observation or did you read some article somewhere about an aggregate study or something?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #4
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It's very expensive to have a child, and you give up lots of freedoms. I understand the mindset behind the decision. But kids are not just a money/timesink... they are a big investment. In your family's future, as well as your own. Do you want to be approaching old age and have no kids to look after you, or grandchildren to bring joy to your tired, jaded eyes? A lot of people are going to be in that predicament, more so than past generations.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So you afford men the valid reason of lacking enough financial stability, but not women? It's just women being "bad" for not wanting to stay home and have kids? Wtf.

Newsflash, we don't live in that world anymore where most couples can afford for her (or him) to play the "stay at home" thing and live comfortably on one income. Kids cost a lot. Life costs a lot. Not only are costs higher than they were decades ago but there are also far more everyday things now with a regular bill to pay. Obviously there is a bit of a conflict there in what people can afford to do in life if most people don't have money coming out their ass. And there's a lot of catch-22s.

HOW much are people paying for these smartphones and the reoccurring monthly bill on average? The cost is absurd even while most these days seem to see it as normalized. Sometimes people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them, sorry, I can't get their store's app or receive their texts because I don't have a smart phone. Its this costly thing people are just assumed to put money into and most do, and for every member of the family. And there's so many things like that that's expected or needed.

Although... it's funny that Cubed, the supposed "rich" guy around here, never talks about having an existing marriage and kids. So ironic thread is ironic.

Have the money, working from home so you could be a stay at home dad at the same time, so....?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-05-2021 at 10:52 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #6
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So you afford men the valid reason of lacking enough financial stability, but not women? It's just women being "bad" for not wanting to stay home and have kids? Wtf.

Newsflash, we don't live in that world anymore where most couples can afford for her (or him) to play the "stay at home" thing and live comfortably on one income. Kids cost a lot. Life costs a lot. Not only are costs higher than they were decades ago but there are also far more everyday things now with a regular bill to pay. Obviously there is a bit of a conflict there in what people can afford to do in life if most people don't have money coming out their ass. And there's a lot of catch-22s.

HOW much are people paying for these smartphones and the reoccurring monthly bill on average? The cost is absurd even while most these days seem to see it as normalized. Sometimes people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them, sorry, I can't get their store's app or receive their texts because I don't have a smart phone. Its this costly thing people are just assumed to put money into and most do, and for every member of the family. And there's so many things like that that's expected or needed.

Although... it's funny that Cubed, the supposed "rich" guy around here, never talks about having an existing marriage and kids. So ironic thread is ironic.

Have the money, working from home so you could be a stay at home dad at the same time, so....?

He'd have to have an interested female for that to be an option. Which would in turn require him actually LEAVING his house on occasion to MEET one.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:57 AM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

He'd never risk it. Why risk marrying a woman that will divorce you down the line and take half the money he worked so hard to save? Plus he seems to live a very minimalist lifestyle. No woman is gonna put up with that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #8
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Cyber is a few lightbulbs short of a lamp lets just go with that
Old 08-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Did you make this thread for me?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's rather obvious most of our generation are not having kids, or if they are, not until later than life. My parents were 25 when I was born, and back then that was considered "late" to have a child.

Now our generation are in our 30's or later and many still do not have a child even if they're married or in the same couple for years. There's a very noticeable difference.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:07 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm currently set to having an arranged marriage by the end of this year and once that happens, I want as many kids as possible to spread my racial stock far and wide. I'm 23 years old right now.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:11 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm currently set to having an arranged marriage by the end of this year .
Have you actually met the person yet? I mean how do you know you'll even like them in terms of personality/looks, etc? Or is that just overlooked in your culture?
Old 08-05-2021, 12:13 PM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Have you actually met the person yet? I mean how do you know you'll even like them in terms of personality/looks, etc? Or is that just overlooked in your culture?
I have met a few people, and with the help of our families, we determine whether we are compatible or not. Honestly, having a large family support network for both the man and the woman is very helpful because while a couple can be blinded by love, your family knows you better than anyone else and can help see what's better for you objectively.

There's also no concept of dating for us, so the process of there being chaperones and matchmakers acts as a sort of vetting.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I have met a few people, and with the help of our families, we determine whether we are compatible or not. Honestly, having a large family support network for both the man and the woman is very helpful because while a couple can be blinded by love, your family knows you better than anyone else and can help see what's better for you objectively.
I see, so you're both able to refuse to get together if you or the woman wind up not getting along or something like that? Obviously being forced to marry someone you potentially could not stand or dislike would be bothersome. That's why I always wondered if people don't like each other can they refuse even if the parents want it? Disney's Aladdin taught me that, since Jasmine did not want to marry Jafar. Are you a real life Aladdin?
Old 08-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #15
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I see, so you're both able to refuse to get together if you or the woman wind up not getting along or something like that? Obviously being forced to marry someone you potentially could not stand or dislike would be bothersome. That's why I always wondered if people don't like each other can they refuse even if the parents want it? Disney's Aladdin taught me that, since Jasmine did not want to marry Jafar. Are you a real life Aladdin?
Oh yes, the couple's consent is definetly needed for the marriage to go ahead. .
Old 08-05-2021, 12:20 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Oh yes, the couple's consent is definetly needed for the marriage to go ahead.
Well that's good. In the year 2021 it would be odd if the couple getting married had no say and the parents just forced you to do it. Also there's the problem of the woman not being pretty either, or kinda fat, so there's that too.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #17
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I actually ending up turning someone down who was suggested to me because she is career oriented and stated that she doesn't want to get married for atleast the next 5-7 years, while I'm looking to get married early and have a housewife so that we can have a large family.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:24 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I want as many kids as possible to spread my racial stock far and wide. now.
This is how I see your future FredWolfLeonardo:

God you're just like Apu from the Simpsons.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:24 PM   #19
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

And you know, I'm totally happy with that.

Lots of little FredWolfLeonardos running all over the place
Old 08-05-2021, 01:32 PM   #20
IMJ
Emperor

This thread reads like a bunch of goof @$$' talking at people, or talking in a circle of people they hate and not looking anyone in the eye and just making statements at each other in terse language. Go back and read it!

It's like a series of statements from Beavis and Butthead if Beavis and Butthead were liberal, never laughed and easily insulted! QUOTE PEOPLE and RESPOND DIRECTLY YOU SIMPLE %$#@!
It's like a forum full of little children playing the "social hate games" of 14 year old girls vying for social power.

OMG you stunted $#@!s

Quote:
And you know, I'm totally happy with that.

Lots of little FredWolfLeonardos running all over the place

On another note, I feel like I wrote the stuff above the quote in raging hiku through nauseous disdain or something. -facepalms-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote