The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2022, 09:33 AM   #61
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
… I might just take this as a sign that I should skip it all entirely. Good job, NECA.
That’s what I decided. Say what you will about Playmates Toys. At least you could find their stuff.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:20 AM   #62
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Tokka and Rahzar are headed to Target stores: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...75f&start=9075

I cannot speak on the Signature Edition Fugitoid being sold after Haul-A-Thon, but I read somewhere that the standard Fugitoid will be at Target stores sometime after the event.
I assumed that would be the case, but this whole thing has been so messy I'm not really going to believe it until I see it. Still good to see NECA has at least apparently addressed it.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:09 PM   #63
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I hit the closest Target near me yesterday afternoon while I was out hoping to find the Leatherhead/Slash 2-pack back on the shelves but alas, no dice. Would've been interested in getting Scumbug and Antrax but they weren't there, either.

There was plenty of other Haulathon related stuff still there for TMNT though. Multiple Rat King/Vernon sets, several Robot Bebop and Rocksteady sets, loads of Glowing Muckman, 3 Pizza Monsters, 2 Metalheads, 2 regular Fugitoids, and multiples of OG Muckman, Mondo, Dirtbag/Groundchuck and Wingnut/Screwloose sets still on the shelf.

Hopefully more stuff will trickle out soon but who knows. Everything feels weeks behind around here on this thing with store stock, if the stores in question even get anything in the first place.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #64
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The Leatherhead and Slash 2-pack was only sold though the Target website last Friday.
Ugh. Well, that eats then. Guess I'm still stuck paying secondary market price at some point.

I really don't understand re-releasing gobs of Rat King/Vernon in stores but not sets like Leatherhead/Slash which I never saw in stores in the first place. Oh well...
Old 04-11-2022, 01:40 PM   #65
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

They will be in store….just keep checking.

I saw 3 Leatherhead/Slash sets at a Target earlier this morning.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:48 PM   #66
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not being able to get the first Mirage retail release makes me think I might just take this as a sign that I should skip it all entirely. Good job, NECA.
Yep. And this problem goes back literally years with them. It's just not worth the hassle and, increasingly, not at all worth what some of these things cost.

If anyone wants a new, never opened SDCC 1990 diorama, let me know. I'll use eBay as a general guide for pricing but I will beat eBay prices here.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #67
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
They will be in store….just keep checking.

I saw 3 Leatherhead/Slash sets at a Target earlier this morning.
Good to know, thank you!
Old 04-14-2022, 07:31 AM   #68
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I got an apology email from costumes.com explaining that they'd oversold the product "due to an error on our website". Oh, and incompetence, you left out incompetence. Anyway, they also included a code for 30% off. Cool, great, except the only figures that are left are only available for international shipping. If they think I'm going to buy a costume, well... well I'll show THEM.

I guess I'll cross my fingers with gritted teeth that there's another "event" where I can use it.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:32 AM   #69
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I got an apology email from costumes.com explaining that they'd oversold the product "due to an error on our website". Oh, and incompetence, you left out incompetence. Anyway, they also included a code for 30% off. Cool, great, except the only figures that are left are only available for international shipping. If they think I'm going to buy a costume, well... well I'll show THEM.

I guess I'll cross my fingers with gritted teeth that there's another "event" where I can use it.
Lol. I got the same email including the 30% off code that I'll never use because not interested remotely in anything on their site aside from the TMNT stuff that was for this event which technically was supposed to be international only. I'd originally sent an inquiry about my order for Tokka and Rahzar to costumes.com and they referred me to send all inquiries to Haulathon. It was a day later that my order was canceled and then another two days later before I received the response to my original inquiry. Then, interestingly enough, I attempted to respond to the manager in the Haulathon email and The subject line included [Loot Crate]. First it weirded me out because I thought it was something from Loot Crate but it wasn't. So somehow people from Loot Crate are involved with Haulathon...
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #70
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:

You did read the fine print where it couldn't be used for haulathon stuff or special events like that?
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:24 AM   #71
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
You did read the fine print where it couldn't be used for haulathon stuff or special events like that?
Nope, didn't pay that close of attention to it since I knew there was zero chance I was ever going to be visiting that site again. Good to know though.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:13 PM   #72
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullox View Post
Lol. I got the same email including the 30% off code that I'll never use because not interested remotely in anything on their site aside from the TMNT stuff that was for this event which technically was supposed to be international only. I'd originally sent an inquiry about my order for Tokka and Rahzar to costumes.com and they referred me to send all inquiries to Haulathon. It was a day later that my order was canceled and then another two days later before I received the response to my original inquiry. Then, interestingly enough, I attempted to respond to the manager in the Haulathon email and The subject line included [Loot Crate]. First it weirded me out because I thought it was something from Loot Crate but it wasn't. So somehow people from Loot Crate are involved with Haulathon...
That's because it's all NECA. NECA owns Loot Crate.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:23 PM   #73
mikey0
Foot Elite

Tokka and Rahzar have been found at a Target in Minnesota: https://mobile.twitter.com/toybrorev...CqkeixxoUqAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:30 PM   #74
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

I'm not trying to rub salt into wound but i just sold one of my Tokka & Rahzar for $240.
I paid $76 including shipping for it.

I'm not a scalper, i'm just trying to fund for my turtle van because
we all got burned on Haulathon week plus the 3 Necastore preorders before that.

Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:13 PM   #75
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
yeah I saw that BS when I got the same cancellation email.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:04 PM   #76
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I mean....this is why rule #1 of collecting is:
"If in-hand/available for MSRP, buy it"....
Because you never know what will come to pass if you throw it back.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:01 PM   #77
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Got my ordered cancel did tokka and rahzar ever pop up on target?
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:50 AM   #78
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not yet, but they are at some Target stores:

https://mobile.twitter.com/toybrorev...CqkeixxoUqAAAA
Pretty positive that pic was a hoax. It's been over a week and nobody else has found anything. It doesn't look Photoshopped so I'm guessing somebody went to the trouble of taking their set into the store to take the photo.

Yes, people do get that desperate for attention.