The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-25-2018, 07:11 AM   #81
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I know some people here have said to hold out, but I caved and purchased a Leo. Luckily he was nowhere near the crazy asking price of $150. I feel some of the asking prices for all 4 aren't too bad either, but finding them individually is somewhat scarce and most aren't willing to break up the set.

Does anyone know where to get the previous exclusive releases with better paint and nifty velvet boxes (the 2012 style figures)?
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:35 AM   #82
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Did anyone pick up a spare set of these? if so PM and let me know what you guys want for them. Lokking to buy all 4. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I know some people here have said to hold out, but I caved and purchased a Leo. Luckily he was nowhere near the crazy asking price of $150. I feel some of the asking prices for all 4 aren't too bad either, but finding them individually is somewhat scarce and most aren't willing to break up the set.

Does anyone know where to get the previous exclusive releases with better paint and nifty velvet boxes (the 2012 style figures)?
I am seeing the full sets (all 4 turtles) on eBay for 179-ish. I am not sure where you guys are seeing 150 per turtle.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #83
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I am seeing the full sets (all 4 turtles) on eBay for 179-ish. I am not sure where you guys are seeing 150 per turtle.
Check out the "Sold Items" on eBay.

All four sold for $150 each as a pre-sale. Absolutely crazy!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:03 PM   #84
Roseangelo
Emperor

I think I went by the Nick booth on Saturday and they were all sold out for the day, so someone was buying them all.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #85
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

I bought a Leo because... well I was wasting some time at SDCC. I walked up, asked if they had any left and they had 2 Leos and a handful of Donnies. It was really easy on I think... Friday?

I wouldn't recommend buying these. The toy is not really good quality and that's quick review from someone who really likes the 2012 original toy line. I'm probably leaving him in the box since he doesn't pose very well at all. So worth the $30? Nah.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #86
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
I bought a Leo because... well I was wasting some time at SDCC. I walked up, asked if they had any left and they had 2 Leos and a handful of Donnies. It was really easy on I think... Friday?

I wouldn't recommend buying these. The toy is not really good quality and that's quick review from someone who really likes the 2012 original toy line. I'm probably leaving him in the box since he doesn't pose very well at all. So worth the $30? Nah.
Thanks for that...I was starting to get tempted

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #87
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:

The 2012 exclusives may be hard to find. I've seen people receiving them from Playmates for Toy reviews. If I remember correctly these exclusive better painted versions were given out as swag at Toy Fair or some other events. Were never for sale like the Rise TMNT.
The only exclusives released for the Nick Toon line was a chromed armor Shredder, and a chrome piece 11 inch space Leonardo. There was also a black and white exclusive of the mirage Raphael.

For this years SDCC exclusives, the turtles did sold pretty well. I think Donatello for some reason was the best seller. Sold out before his not brothers.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #88
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
At this point? eBay is best bet. It's been 6 years and the Toy Fair 2012 figures was not sold but given out to TF12 attendees in a goodie bag, and at this point those who own a figure probably are the ones who want to keep them.

But there's always someone who needs to sell something. Although I'd guess the price would be really high, iirc some figures went for $400 on the second hand marked when things was at the craziest.

Edit: the last Toy Fair 2012 Turtle listing on eBay sold for $120

The previous Comic Con exclusives wouldn't be too hard to find, they where usually available for sale outside of the convention
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:48 AM   #89
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
The only exclusives released for the Nick Toon line was a chromed armor Shredder, and a chrome piece 11 inch space Leonardo. There was also a black and white exclusive OF the mirage Raphael.
Don't forget the first one, Night Shadow Leo. Wave 1 figure with stylized black shadow paint effect. Similar to general release Color Changing Shadow Ninja Leo but much more well executed and not color changing (and not that rubbery color change plastic)...

And certainly don't forget last year's Usagi!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #90
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

Quote:
For this years SDCC exclusives, the turtles did sold pretty well. I think Donatello for some reason was the best seller. Sold out before his not brothers.
That's not my experience. They had a tall stack of Donnie's left when I picked up my 2nd to last Leo. They were out of Mikey and Raph. But that was about 2pm on Friday.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #91
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The 2012 exclusives may be hard to find. I've seen people receiving them from Playmates for Toy reviews. If I remember correctly these exclusive better painted versions were given out as swag at Toy Fair or some other events. Were never for sale like the Rise TMNT.
The only exclusives released for the Nick Toon line was a chromed armor Shredder, and a chrome piece 11 inch space Leonardo. There was also a black and white exclusive of the mirage Raphael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
At this point? eBay is best bet. It's been 6 years and the Toy Fair 2012 figures was not sold but given out to TF12 attendees in a goodie bag, and at this point those who own a figure probably are the ones who want to keep them.

But there's always someone who needs to sell something. Although I'd guess the price would be really high, iirc some figures went for $400 on the second hand marked when things was at the craziest.

Edit: the last Toy Fair 2012 Turtle listing on eBay sold for $120

The previous Comic Con exclusives wouldn't be too hard to find, they where usually available for sale outside of the convention
I appreciate the responses, so thanks guys.

I totally figured as much, that the SDCC exclusive figures in the velvet lined boxes would be scarce these days. I honestly didn't know of their existence, so I just totally missed out. I did know about the 11" chrome space Leo and the mirage Raphael, but I wasn't interested and passed on those.

I received my SDCC exclusive Rise Leo recently and I'm happy with what I see, BUT I have not taken the figure out and actually played around with it. If anything, it looks pretty cool in the packaging and I like seeing Leo with the additional yellow stripes. Is it worth what I paid? No...but I'm addicted to purchasing everything Leo.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #92
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

I really wanted a set of these 'cos I love that the paint apps are show accurate, but seeing that they can't hold their weapons well and that they don't pose well is a bummer. Think I'd only grab them now if the price was too good to pass up which at this point doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #93
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
I totally figured as much, that the SDCC exclusive figures in the velvet lined boxes would be scarce these days. I honestly didn't know of their existence, so I just totally missed out.
What you're describing was never sold at SDCC. You're describing the Toy Fair figures that were given away, not sold.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #94
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
That's not my experience. They had a tall stack of Donnie's left when I picked up my 2nd to last Leo. They were out of Mikey and Raph. But that was about 2pm on Friday.
Ya. I think it varies by day. Hard to gauge who's the most popular turtle.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote