The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The genius of their IDW incarnation is, I feel, that you're left unsure if they were actually telling the truth as far as being aliens is concerned or if they're just insane. You always knew what's what in previous iterations, but not here.

And have I mentioned how much I loved that rock-through-the-windshield nod to their first appearance in the Archie series?
I never liked Archie, so I personally would have preferred a lot more distance from their original Fred Wolf / Archie counterparts. The whole "aliens blah blah plankton chip blah blah weirdness blah blah" was just irksome for me.

I think I'll be the only reader glad to see them sent back to perish in the Stockgen fire... which, does that mean Bebop and Rocksteady arrived back in time, before Old Hob blew up Stockgen in the City Fall arc? This is confusing...
Old 08-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #42
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I never liked Archie, so I personally would have preferred a lot more distance from their original Fred Wolf / Archie counterparts. The whole "aliens blah blah plankton chip blah blah weirdness blah blah" was just irksome for me.
Personally, I've always loved the visual of Huanu in Archie. Their role in this issue reminded me not only of my childhood reading those issues, but also of "Hellboy in Mexico" and even of the tower of junk in season five of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was really inspired. All in all, a great collection of nods and original stuff that adds to these two oft-neglected characters. And they never came across Bebop & Rocksteady in any previous iteration either, so that was a fun match-up. (IDW might be the ones to finally give me Shredder vs Bishop! Haha!)

Quote:
I think I'll be the only reader glad to see them sent back to perish in the Stockgen fire... which, does that mean Bebop and Rocksteady arrived back in time, before Old Hob blew up Stockgen in the City Fall arc? This is confusing...
Hadn't thought of that. Could they be turning back into humans because they're time anomalies and haven't actually been mutated yet in the timeline they're currently in? Huh.

EDIT: But no, that can't be because She-Hun clearly mentions ongoing events in NYC. The plot thickens...

Last edited by ChosenOne; 08-01-2018 at 07:23 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Hadn't thought of that. Could they be turning back into humans because they're time anomalies and haven't actually been mutated yet in the timeline they're currently in? Huh.

EDIT: But no, that can't be because She-Hun clearly mentions ongoing events in NYC. The plot thickens...
Dang, that's a really good point.

Well then, it's either a brief glimpse at future events (Null or Bishop, maybe?) or (less likely) a mistake.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #44
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Dang, that's a really good point.

Well then, it's either a brief glimpse at future events (Null or Bishop, maybe?) or (less likely) a mistake.
We're gonna have to keep our ear to the ground (ha!) to find out.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:15 AM   #45
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post

Bebop and Rocksteady are furries, confirmed
I always thought they were down to yiff.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote