The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #141
Powder
So tired of this place

I wasn't thrilled with this movie or its designs but I'd totally buy the turtle figures if only to have some IDW representation on my shelf. Buuuuut since the only way to get them is with the Batman characters included, I'll have to sit this one out.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:41 AM   #142
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Yeah, the TMNT figures would be nice to get, but I really don't need anymore Batmans... or any Damian Waynes. They're pretty expensive too, but I guess everything is now.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:48 AM   #143
DVD
Mad Scientist

Smile

Always happy to get more Batman. Got a ton of Hot Toys 1:6 Bats, and had fun a while back displaying some with some of my 1:6 Turtles. I found the Arkham Bats with the DreamEx Turtles worked best.

Got to say, I’m a fan of these cross over series of comics, and I really enjoyed the movie: 3 times so far

So, I’m all in for a set of crossover movie figures.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:38 AM   #144
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife View Post
You know the whole argument throughout this thread, right?

How stupid are you, or how much of a liar do you believe everyone is to think someone would just randomly make that up for sh!ts and giggles?

The issue is on you. I take people at their word. Maybe your cynical ass should learn how to, as well.
I don't believe you're capable of critical thinking at all.

Yes, there are a lot of people who make up stuff for s&g. This is this internet. And as someone whose job for almost 13 years is to disable fraud on the internet, I'm very aware of how capable people are of lying.

I don't know what you expect. If you're on this planet, you have to be aware that lying is plentiful. And to be angry because people expect evidence? What motivates you to feel this way? You know, this would make you a pretty effective politician, but a godawful scientist.

And even people who you believe you can trust, you have to maintain some modicum of skepticism. I've been here forever, and I don't expect anybody to believe me without evidence, which is why I provided an image, description, and direct news source link in my first post.

If I posted this tomorrow with no links or images:
Quote:
Playmates is releasing a Batman vs. TMNT line in October. The two waves are Don, Mike, Leo, Raph, Batman, Joker and then Shredder, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Foot Soldier, Scarecrow, and Two Face. Retail is $11.99. Batman and the Batman villains are all mutants. There was a plan for mutatin' figures of Batman and his villains at $15.99 and some were even tooled, but they were nixed at the executive level for them not being "toyetic enough".
Would you believe me? Would anyone? Should anyone? I wouldn't, and that's even though a lot of that is very much Playmates' MO.

Again, you're coming into a topic I created for a specific purpose, and you're pissing off everyone for no real reason. You're accusing people of absolute nonsense, are not capable of reading the room, and you're inflammatory. I don't take too kindly to that.

I hope you find peace with yourself. Attend counseling, maybe ask your doctor for some medication. Nobody should be this irate that people are asking the same of him as they should everyone else in the world.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:24 PM   #145
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't want a Ra's Al Ghul Figure but I'll bite for Shredder, it's my favorite design so far animated so if the figure is decent... Not liking the other set combinations but might get one of the turtles, but i'll wait for pics.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:52 PM   #146
Ninjinister
無問題

Yeah I didn't see a price when I saw the NECA '87 figures at Target recently and figured it'd be like $30-40 max forgot to ask about and almost dooked when I saw it was $50. So instead of getting all of them if they are released and at these prices I'm going to have to choose a couple and make peace with it.

I wish they were individually released instead. I get that they'd want to pair a Turtles character with a Batman character but holy balls some people just want one or the other or only care about certain characters on both/either side.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:19 AM   #147
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Old 07-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #148
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Can't wait to see the others from the line. He doesn't come with Nunchaku? Hopefully the other version of him that is included in the two pack has them.

Also I haven't read any of the Batman/TMNT comics (guess I should) but are the turtles in that series technically supposed to be the IDW turtles? Maybe a stupid question since I know it's published in conjunction with IDW, but maybe they are just 'generic' turtles that aren't necessarily from any particular universe?

Because if it is indeed the IDW universe turtles then this is a pretty special line, since these will be our first IDW turtle figures.

Last edited by Zulithe; 07-06-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #149
Powder
So tired of this place

Nah, the comic's turtles are just sorta their own thing. It's not rooted in nor canon to the IDW universe (thank God). The same goes for the animated "adaption", though its turtles were designed by series regular Andy Kuhn, so they technically ARE our first IDW turtle figures, in a way.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:16 PM   #150
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Nah, the comic's turtles are just sorta their own thing. It's not rooted in nor canon to the IDW universe (thank God).
Just curious, what is it you don't like about the IDW universe? I have mixed feelings about it.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #151
Powder
So tired of this place

The reason I wrote "thank God" (that it's not set in the IDW canon/universe) is 'cause I dislike the Batman crossover stuff, not the IDW series. Those specials are terribly written, how they portrayed the turtles, the ridiculousness of it all, it would be a huge disservice to the main run, which is fairly grounded & respectful. The DC writer(s) only have a passive casual understanding of the turtles, it seems, as they're very Fred Wolfy.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #152
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The reason I wrote "thank God" (that it's not set in the IDW canon/universe) is 'cause I dislike the Batman crossover stuff, not the IDW series. Those specials are terribly written, how they portrayed the turtles, the ridiculousness of it all, it would be a huge disservice to the main run, which is fairly grounded & respectful. The DC writer(s) only have a passive casual understanding of the turtles, it seems, as they're very Fred Wolfy.
What about the other crossovers with Ghostbusters and X-Files?

I get those 'not in my turtles' vibes, just as bad as the Archie crossover when it comes to mixing universes regardless of the quality of the crossover
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:48 PM   #153
_YellowBird_
Random Punk

GameStop Preorder:

https://m.gamestop.com/product/colle...amestop/179319
_YellowBird_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #154
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Does GameStop charge upfront or when it ships? It has been a long time since I pre-ordered a console or game from them.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #155
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Small pics

Old 07-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #156
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
Does GameStop charge upfront or when it ships? It has been a long time since I pre-ordered a console or game from them.
They don’t charge until it ships!
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #157
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Edited......

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 07-08-2019 at 10:55 PM.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:26 PM   #158
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

dam, can't see the pictures
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #159
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
dam, can't see the pictures
Candy, you need to use a VPN to get a US IP address

EDIT for non US residents: https://www.facebook.com/TMNTItalia/...47307471955417
Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #160
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Fwoosh got larger images with accessories

http://thefwoosh.com/2019/07/dc-coll...PRES5jElCmie_g
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figures, batman, insider ruins thread, mikey, toys