The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #61
Mobius37
Thug

Anyone have any issues with damage to their record sleeves? Just received mine today and am less than enthusiastic about how it arrived. Zero damage to the shipping package. Assuming it left warehouse in a damaged state.
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #62
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
Also, I don't know if anyone knows this already, but there's been a rip of the 1990 John Du Prez TMNT score on YouTube for the past couple of months! The quality is clear, but the only difference is that there seems to be more low end/bass than the new vinyl release. How did this person get these raw files and how have they been up for the past couple of months? Maybe somebody that worked with Waxwork?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...TNIhPbilj83VRI
The 1990 movie soundtrack was leaked months before the vinyls came out and part of the SOTO soundtrack was leaked over two years ago. They are on various websites if you know where to look. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...20#post1758520
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #63
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

My copy has what you'd call "split seams" on the top edge of both halves, in the middle. I have heard a few reasons why this can occur. It can happen if the factory folding procedure does not first score the cardboard. Or if the type of cardboard used is not very accepting to folds. It could also be a too-tight jacket forced to split at the weakest point by too-thick 180 gram records. Or it can happen from the records being too loose and sliding around during shipping and punching through.

At any rate I took a picture and will ask them what they will do about it. Many times they have extra jackets, even for limited releases, and can send one free. Or at the least I expect a discount for damaged goods.

This actually happens to probably 25% or more of recent vinyls I have bought online. It makes me mad every time but sometimes I just don't care enough to report it.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:23 AM   #64
Mobius37
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
My copy has what you'd call "split seams" on the top edge of both halves, in the middle. I have heard a few reasons why this can occur. It can happen if the factory folding procedure does not first score the cardboard. Or if the type of cardboard used is not very accepting to folds. It could also be a too-tight jacket forced to split at the weakest point by too-thick 180 gram records. Or it can happen from the records being too loose and sliding around during shipping and punching through.

At any rate I took a picture and will ask them what they will do about it. Many times they have extra jackets, even for limited releases, and can send one free. Or at the least I expect a discount for damaged goods.

This actually happens to probably 25% or more of recent vinyls I have bought online. It makes me mad every time but sometimes I just don't care enough to report it.
Ah, good to know it wasn’t just me. What you descibrbed is exactly what happened to mine.
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #65
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
The 1990 movie soundtrack was leaked months before the vinyls came out and part of the SOTO soundtrack was leaked over two years ago. They are on various websites if you know where to look. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...20#post1758520
I knew about SOTO, but I never knew about the first one. I only found a terrible bootleg version of the first film score on YouTube.

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #66
AtzenButze
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius37 View Post
Anyone have any issues with damage to their record sleeves? Just received mine today and am less than enthusiastic about how it arrived. Zero damage to the shipping package. Assuming it left warehouse in a damaged state.
Unfortunately, my vinyl still has not arrived .... since last Friday she is in
Export processing in Chicago and so far my status has not been updated: Tsad:: Tsad: Hope my vinyl is not damaged: tconfuse:: Tsad:
AtzenButze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #67
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Same here on the damage. I ordered 3 of them and all 3 have corner damage and splits on some of the folds... kind of annoyed just because I got the signed versions so I spent a bit extra.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #68
DVD
Mad Scientist

Got mine today.

The packaging from Waxwork Records was awesome.
The records and sleeve are really cool. The art in the cover is superb in hand.
My only gripe: disc one has the disc two track label on it.
Back in the day this would have been cool: a misprinted LP!!!
At least I have both vinyls and yeah, they sound great.

My thanks go out to the creation of this thread
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #69
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

If anyone is still looking to get these, looks like they've restocked every Turtle variant except for Donatello.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #70
DVD
Mad Scientist

Has anyone else drew the conclusion from Wax Works cryptic clue about a Secret LP to be revealed later!!!
My money is in us seeing Secret of the Ooze in 2019.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:10 PM   #71
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Has anyone else drew the conclusion from Wax Works cryptic clue about a Secret LP to be revealed later!!!
My money is in us seeing Secret of the Ooze in 2019.
You mean the photo earlier today with a rose emoji? Nah, no Secret of the Ooze for that one ... probably a horror film.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #72
fellowcello
Mouser

CD release:
https://waxworkrecords.com/collectio...nja-turtles-cd
fellowcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #73
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

It's more than likely not going to happen, but they should allow those who purchased a vinyl order a free digital download of the soundtrack as well.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #74
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

I like how the score has that charming late 80s feel to it.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:11 PM   #75
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowcello View Post
Woo! Thanks for that. Definitely cheaper than the record player I am still yet to buy to be able to play the vinyl version that I got.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:59 AM   #76
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Woo! Thanks for that. Definitely cheaper than the record player I am still yet to buy to be able to play the vinyl version that I got.
I went ahead and grabbed one as well. They sound amazing and WAY better than the soundtrack I had previously.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:41 PM   #77
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

To anyone who may have missed the news from over two months ago ... Leonardo87 pointed out in the other thread for this vinyl release that John Du Prez was a guest on the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Minute' podcast back in December and confirmed/spoiled that he has already completed his remastering of TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze and is currently working on III.

Looks like I'll be picking up this entire trilogy on vinyl now, haha. Can't WAIT to see what they have in store for the Secret of the Ooze variants.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:18 AM   #78
DVD
Mad Scientist

Awesome point.
I’m still convinced the Secret LP from WW is SOTO , and I expect it to be anounced very soon.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #79
litefoot
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
To anyone who may have missed the news from over two months ago ... Leonardo87 pointed out in the other thread for this vinyl release that John Du Prez was a guest on the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Minute' podcast back in December and confirmed/spoiled that he has already completed his remastering of TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze and is currently working on III.

Looks like I'll be picking up this entire trilogy on vinyl now, haha. Can't WAIT to see what they have in store for the Secret of the Ooze variants.
Here's the podcast, but it's 90 minutes long, so I'm gonna have to listen to the whole thing to find out where he says it!

https://player.fm/series/teenage-mut...prez-interview
litefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #80
litefoot
Mouser

1:15:15, he says:

"I mixed II last year and I'm in the middle of III, so I've nearly finished III... Waxwork are very keen...
litefoot is offline   Reply With Quote