The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-06-2024, 02:49 PM   #1781
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Rise Splinter is way worse. It's indescribable how something as bad as that was greenlit and made it to the public.
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe one day I will watch it, not sure.
The Inventive Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:56 AM   #1782
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

2012 Splinter is still one of the best incarnation of Splinter. I'm still remember that episode where he flat-out tells Leo "We're ninjas. Screw fighting fair, just win."

Spoiler:
TheLabRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:10 PM   #1783
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sooo... anyone see the rather nasty video of Leo's actor?

Hope Nick/Paramount says something, or does something. Biggs got kicked out for acting up and being trollish over the line, and now this kid doing this garbage? Was already put off on him by his likewise unprofessional trollish behavior around when the film was coming out, but this... WOW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...antu_verbally/

Nicolas Cantu, you've got some serious growing up to do, fast, before that kind of behavior catches up to you with a very hard lesson. Keep it up and it absolutely will.
Tbh, he's like what 20 now? If they want to be "authentic", they were probably going to recast him anyway lol. Funny how history repeats itself particularly when someone voices Leo.

Hell, if they take years to release the sequel, all of them could get replaced. Though unless Don's VA grows a pair, I'd be fine with him getting axed.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 04:30 PM   #1784
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Mutant Mayhem got nominated for 6 Annie Awards

Old 01-12-2024, 07:30 PM   #1785
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Mutant Mayhem got nominated for 6 Annie Awards
Old 01-15-2024, 05:32 PM   #1786
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wondering if those villain movies Paramount+ had planned are even still happening. Been a couple years since it was mentioned and nothing else said. (Might be unrelated to this thread since it they might not have been associated with the MM universe... though don't think that was clarified 100% and they packed it so full of villains it might as well be.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Tbh, he's like what 20 now? If they want to be "authentic", they were probably going to recast him anyway lol. Funny how history repeats itself particularly when someone voices Leo.

Hell, if they take years to release the sequel, all of them could get replaced. Though unless Don's VA grows a pair, I'd be fine with him getting axed.
Poor Leo, he didn't used to have that problem pre-Nick, his VAs were always reliable back then.

Shame it seems like Nick may have completely ignored that incident since they remained silent. I guess it would be too much of a hassle to go recasting this soon. He better get his ass straightened out though, because that grace period could easily expire.

Side note, was given the talking Leo MM figure for Christmas and I may have to take the batteries out. Not being just some spiteful hater or anything, but the chosen quotes and that kid's voice outside of the film -- where I thought it worked well enough in the context of the big screen, but apparently less-so outside of it -- esp after THAT video recorded incident, are too cringy to bear any time the figure's sound could accidentally get triggered.

Not holding my breath on recasting for the sequel, esp if the Turtles are intended to be older, but assuming the VA kids' voices have likely matured between now and recording for it, even if the Turtles themselves are supposed to be older there is no guarantee that they will even still sound right for each them. But I guess that's what happens when you care more about the age of the actors rather how well they fit the characters.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 07:14 PM   #1787
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

So wait, Nicholas Cantu is 20 years old, yet Seth Rogen bragged about how the turtles were all voiced by actual teenagers this time.

What else did you lie to us about, Kevin Smith?
Old 01-15-2024, 07:25 PM   #1788
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Wondering if those villain movies Paramount+ had planned are even still happening. Been a couple years since it was mentioned and nothing else said. (Might be unrelated to this thread since it they might not have been associated with the MM universe... though don't think that was clarified 100% and they packed it so full of villains it might as well be.)

Poor Leo, he didn't used to have that problem pre-Nick, his VAs were always reliable back then.

Shame it seems like Nick may have completely ignored that incident since they remained silent. I guess it would be too much of a hassle to go recasting this soon. He better get his ass straightened out though, because that grace period could easily expire.

Side note, was given the talking Leo MM figure for Christmas and I may have to take the batteries out. Not being just some spiteful hater or anything, but the chosen quotes and that kid's voice outside of the film -- where I thought it worked well enough in the context of the big screen, but apparently less-so outside of it -- esp after THAT video recorded incident, are too cringy to bear any time the figure's sound could accidentally get triggered.

Not holding my breath on recasting for the sequel, esp if the Turtles are intended to be older, but assuming the VA kids' voices have likely matured between now and recording for it, even if the Turtles themselves are supposed to be older there is no guarantee that they will even still sound right for each them. But I guess that's what happens when you care more about the age of the actors rather how well they fit the characters.
I checked his Wikipedia page and he's going to be 21 later so if he's kept, then they can't completely use the whole "voiced by real teenagers" thing as a marketing ploy for the sequel. Maybe let him drink a few to help push that hard edge angst.

Aging the turtles up would at least give them a bit of a fighting chance against Shredder because as is, these losers will die in 10 seconds. Even this Splinter would get shredded without no connection to Hamato Yoshi.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 08:08 PM   #1789
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well it will at least be nice not to be bombarded with that "voiced by real teenagers!" BS as a way to try to sell it. lol

Really aught to be voiced by real turtles next time and stop human washing the reptiles, but not going to get much out of them unless things get inappropriate in the recording booth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
So wait, Nicholas Cantu is 20 years old, yet Seth Rogen bragged about how the turtles were all voiced by actual teenagers this time.
To be fair, this movie was announced nearly four years ago so he was still a teen by the time they got to recording.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:06 PM   #1790
Hamato_Clan
Random Punk

Well no Oscar nom but that’s not surprising.
Hamato_Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 01:25 PM   #1791
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato_Clan View Post
This is a real post you're making here?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 03:20 PM   #1792
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This is a real post you're making here?
I think it's worth mentioning, because Nickelodeon has been hyping other nominations the movie has gotten, but it clearly only got those nominations because it is an animated movie that exists. No ability to Oscar hype this.

I'm honestly mad people still think this was a good movie.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 03:57 PM   #1793
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Probably cus it had no competition when it came out. It was either this, The Meg 2 or Blue Beetle.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:05 PM   #1794
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato_Clan View Post
You’re right! Let’s go farther: when you compare MM’s accolades to the 1990s film it’s actually quite embarrassing.

But not embarrassing In the way you probably would like.

How does that truth taste?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:24 PM   #1795
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
You’re not alone. It annoys me even more that some of them think it’s better than the 1990 film.

Old 01-23-2024, 04:27 PM   #1796
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's more annoying that people treat it as if it's a movie at all, or even held in that regard remotely. Like, the people that made it didn't... but you do? Why? Very stupid.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:32 PM   #1797
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
You’re not alone. It annoys me even more that some of them think it’s better than the 1990 film.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/XBLlEbYQo...ted-stitch.gif
… Well, I guess to be fair, treating the turtles as little more than a vehicle to pass off pop culture references as jokes is a problem with both movies.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 05:00 PM   #1798
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A lot of competition, so they'd have surely had to hit it out of the park for that to happen, and not sure they did.

I didn't hate it, it was a fun watch for what it was, esp with a 7-year-old in tow and going in with rather low bar expectations, and the interesting visual style is probably what appealed to me the most about it... but is it a great TMNT film? Meh. Some of those choices and cringy junk are a bit too niche even for a niche thing like TMNT.

If it wasn't in the running with a record amount of competition, many that may have also began during Covid when live action was off the table, maybe it would have had a shot at something, at least for the visual stuff.
Old 01-26-2024, 02:46 PM   #1799
Wentos
Foot Soldier

I think it's a great movie. The art style is beautifully grungy and gross, the music by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross is incredible, and it's often very funny. I love the original Mirage comics and the 1990 movie as much as anyone, but Mutant Mayhem isn't trying to be those. It's taking the material and doing its own thing with it.

By the same token, I don't dislike Rise of the TMNT because it isn't the Mirage comics/1990 movie, I dislike it because the writing doesn't land for me and I don't like the designs of the turtles. I do my best to judge each iteration by its own merit, not by the expectations I project onto it as a TMNT fan.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 08:30 PM   #1800
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
The art style is beautifully grungy and gross
Mmmm, no, it’s just gross.

And the animation style is pretty much the same in ParaNorman so it’s not that unique

Tags
bebop, cubedhatesblackpeople, leatherhead, mondo gecko, rocksteady, tigercuck, wingnut