TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

TMNT #119 Preview and Discussion

Here is a preview for issue 119.

Spoiler:

Old 07-13-2021, 05:13 AM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Looks like casey's being "haunted" by his father.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:46 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do Lita and the kid ninja's feel like some cutesy kid sidekick add ons to a cartoon show to anyone else? The problem is this is a comic and not a kids cartoon...I have no idea why they added a bunch of cute ninja sidekicks here.

This honestly feels like something a cartoon tries to add to appeal to kids more, but there's no reason for this in a comic book aimed mostly at adults.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:47 AM   #4
TylerD
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do Lita and the kid ninja's feel like some cutesy kid sidekick add ons to a cartoon show to anyone else? The problem is this is a comic and not a kids cartoon...I have no idea why they added a bunch of cute ninja sidekicks here.

This honestly feels like something a cartoon tries to add to appeal to kids more, but there's no reason for this in a comic book aimed mostly at adults.
Yes sometimes. I still like it but I thought the battle of the bands story to keep everything at peace was a bit corny. Wasn’t my favourite storyline but I’m interested to see where things go regardless.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

Yes, I do. It's bizarre to think these personality voids take up so many pages when they essentially only exist to be "cute", and I certainly don't understand why we need four or more of them. Seems like you could rather easily get rid of two weasels.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:45 AM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yes, I do. It's bizarre to think these personality voids take up so many pages when they essentially only exist to be "cute", and I certainly don't understand why we need four or more of them. Seems like you could rather easily get rid of two weasels.
I guess 4 Turtles, 4 sidekicks. Still a stupid idea. What the hell happened to you IDW TMNT? I re-read older issues where they killed Shredder and whatnot and like.... what happened to you?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #7
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I guess 4 Turtles, 4 sidekicks. Still a stupid idea. What the hell happened to you IDW TMNT? I re-read older issues where they killed Shredder and whatnot and like.... what happened to you?
They grew up, this is the next generation.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:14 AM   #8
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
IDW gave reigns of the series to the Twitter trans furry fanfic writer.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #9
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I had the same exact thought. They are trying to appeal to kid. Weird but maybe not so much. I honestly don't even know who are they making this comics for anymore.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:56 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I honestly don't even know who are they making this comics for anymore.
The person writing it.

I've been on many a show where the guys booked it to entertain the guys in the back and not the paying customers. Easy trap to fall into.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #11
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The person writing it.
Don't forget the "special" folks who would give it a standing ovation even if it were nothing but twenty-plus pages full of photos of bowel movements from the person writing it.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:25 PM   #12
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

I disagree because this comic appeals to all ages, Kids and adults.

I think seeing these four going on a little adventure is adorable, Can't wait to see what sort of trouble they get into.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:01 AM   #13
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think seeing these four going on a little adventure is adorable, Can't wait to see what sort of trouble they get into.
Maybe it would be better, if it would have been series of its own, instead of, you know, stealing spot from Ninja Turtles - main heroes of the story?

Quote:
Lita's team just feels like set-up for a children's spinoff or something.
Sounds like a good plan: just give Ross his own spin-off to do whatever he wants, proclaim it non-canon, so furries could continue to cream themselves about "cute UWU animals" and normal people would not have to look at this stuff.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:13 AM   #14
ChosenOne
Banned

Well, sh*t, this arc is actually enjoyable. There was actually a purpose to the kids' scampering about and the action at the end was pretty good. As was Leo and Donnie going over their list of known and unknown enemies, nice meta moment. That last panel looks like a (maybe unintentional?) callback to the very first panel of #1, which is sweet.

And Hob isn't that far gone yet. Good to know. He's one of my favorites, hopefully he can turn himself around again. Not exactly unheard of for an uneasy ally of the Turtles. Loved his little unspoken "Dudes, I'm standing right here!" moment with his two henchmen.

Starting to pick back up. Who knew a comic about ninjas needed actual ninjas doing ninja stuff to be good? Hopefully this keeps up.

P.S. LMFAO at the damage control in Ninja Notes!
Old 07-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #15
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Maybe it would be better, if it would have been series of its own, instead of, you know, stealing spot from Ninja Turtles - main heroes of the story?

Sounds like a good plan: just give Ross his own spin-off to do whatever he wants, proclaim it non-canon, so furries could continue to cream themselves about "cute UWU animals" and normal people would not have to look at this stuff.
Although I agree that the series needs an editor and to get back to the main characters pronto, you are coming across as a transphobic a$$hole.

She changed her name years ago and you ignoring that on principle is pathetic
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:37 PM   #16
PurpleMusic
Thug

Important to note that the turtles would readily beat the **** out of any and all right-wing bigots
PurpleMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:50 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

Eh, I don't know. Raph is pretty pragmatic, he'd probably lean to the right.

Also, being "right-wing" does not in and of itself make anyone "a bigot". This kind of thinking needs to stop, it does way more harm than good.

Could just say "bigots" without making it political, y'know?

Old 07-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #18
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Eh, I don't know. Raph is pretty pragmatic, he'd probably lean to the right.

Also, being "right-wing" does not in and of itself make anyone "a bigot". This kind of thinking needs to stop, it does way more harm than good.

Could just say "bigots" without making it political, y'know?
Right wing's the new boogeyman, dontcha know? Well, at least for gullible, impressionable sheep with no sense of irony or awareness of hypocrisy, no capacity for honest self-analysis and absolutely zero knowledge of History other than what warped drivel they're peddled by modern-day snake oil sellers, it is. Sad.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:03 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

I'll be sure that all of my gay and non-white friends who vote Republican get the memo that they're hateful bigots.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:08 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I'll be sure that all of my gay and non-white friends who vote Republican get the memo that they're hateful bigots.
According to the China Man, they ain't black if they didn't vote for him.

Must come as a shock when they find out. All those sleepless nights from now on.