Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
BartAllen
Banned

Neca Mirage TMNT

Hi everyone-

I'm currently selling my 3 NECA Mirage TMNT figures. They're complete and come from an adult collector.

Here is the link to eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Teenag...IAAOSw-5dZ710i

Thanks for looking!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I won!!!

Suck it, losers!!!
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
Old 10-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I won!!!

Suck it, losers!!!
Graceful. Sounds like a guy I'd like to buy from.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
Will not be censored

I paid $82 shipped for these
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 11-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
Will not be censored

These arrived as described for the most part but Donatello's hand was loose and kept falling off except when he was holding his bo staff in both hands which added some stability. After I re-sold the figure the buyer immediately started sending me messages upon receipt of the figure, saying that the hand was loose and that he wanted a partial refund. Since the defect was not mentioned in BartAllen's original listing, I think HE should have to cover the partial refund. What do you guys think?
Quote:

Old 11-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
BartAllen
Banned

Everyone be careful when buying/selling/ ANYTHING from this guy. I'm currently compiling all the nonsense he is pulling to rip me off.

It's funny that he would make a post about this alleged loose hand today almost a month after he received the figure.

Who knows what he did with the figures in the interim and now expects me to give him a refund for some supposed loose hand that wasn't there to begin with.

He only brings up this alleged loose hand after he sells the toy (which he listed as like new) and now expects me to pay for his problems.

Be leery of selling to him lest you end up having to give him a refund a month after he buys a figure.

UPDATE: Just spoke with ebay. I am not obligated to offer this gentlemen a refund. He will more than likely leave me negative feedback. Oh well.

In the coming months I plan to list a BOAT FULL of the 2003 TMNT figures. I hope everyone keep a look out.

And if this alleged flaw was present, why wouldn't you list it in your ebay listing? Oh, I know. Because there was NO FLAW when I sold you the item. You also could have fixed this alleged flaw before you sold this and you wouldn't have had this problem.

EDIT: Don is holding the bo staff in the hand. Anyone else notice that neither hand is falling off, and the one hand is secure even while holding the BO staff in MIDAIR!

Last edited by BartAllen; 11-15-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #7
Will not be censored

Holding the bo HELPS to secure the hand in place since there is pressure from the other hand. I didn't try to rip you off. I offered screen shots of the buyer's messages and even apologized for having to bother you with this.

I won these two weeks ago. Not a month. I didn't mention the loose hand because I didn't think anyone would be as picky as to complain about it. Someone was though. I have eBay messages to prove it.
Quote:

Old 11-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
BartAllen
Banned

You know what you're writing makes no sense, right?

The hand is SOOOO LOOSE that it falls out SOOOO easily. EXCEPT when it has something to magically provide it with some sort of friction to make it not fall out? OKAY!

If something is loose it's going to be loose no matter what. Adding weight to it doesn't magically make it hold it place. It would make it fall out more easily.

Not only that, but the more I read about the neca TMNT Mirage figures; the more I'm reading this is a pretty common problem.

It wasn't a problem on my figure, though. If it was, I would have said it in my listing. I am METICULOUS with my listings. I write down even slight flaws. I can provide you with evidence of this.

Again, if this alleged flaw was present when you received the figure, why didn't you tell your buyer? Give them a hint of the problem? Why didn't you tell me right away? I would have been more than happy to provide you with a refund for the three figures. I would have relisted the figure and stated that a hand was loose on Don. Oh, and which is it? Is it so loose that both hands need to hold the Bo for it not to fall or is it so loose the hands just slip off? Or is it the magical third option? That it's so loose that adding more weight to the loose hands causes it to hold on better?

What do I think happened? You probably had a Don of your own with this flaw. You sold THAT figure to your buyer, and when they complained you figured you'd get me to help you out financially. In your head you're getting figures for free AND you're getting a nice sum of money for selling each figure at a price that I asked you for all 3.

You want me to refund you what YOU SOLD the item for. Not what I sold the item for. That's the part that makes this unfair. Well, that and the fact that the picture I TOOK OF THE TOY - AND ITS HANDS- IS NOT LOOSE!

Stop dude. You're being silly.

And please. don't tell me that you noticed this OBVIOUS flaw and didn't think your buyer wouldn't? If you noticed it, he/she would have noticed it, and you STILL decided to sell this alleged flawed figure anyway?

Whatever. I'm done with this. You should have eaten whatever refund the guy wanted. You made a substantial profit from me. Instead you chose to act like this. You know you not only make me look bad you're making yourself look far worse.

And yes, it's been two weeks. My bad. That's another suspicious situation as well. You had the figures for that long and you chose not to leave feedback. Instead you wait until day 13. Right before you're unable to get a refund and bring up all of this nonsense? Shady.

The worst part of all of this is you shouldn't have told me you sold my figures. You listed them as pristine in YOUR auction. You said the figures were great. THAT is the reason I'm not financially responsible to you for this. You can leave me negative feedback. Sure. But you can't rip me off.

And I stick with my initial warning to the the other posters. Go with caution with this guy. He might decide to use you to cover his mistakes - potential lies.

Last edited by BartAllen; 11-15-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:24 PM   #9
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

I'm not going to say a lot about this and I hope I don't get pm'd about this later.
If I do get pm'd they'll get deleted because I'm not involved this is just my opinion on the matter.

This is what you should have done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
Again, if this alleged flaw was present when you received the figure, why didn't you tell your buyer? Give them a hint of the problem? Why didn't you tell me right away?
But this is what you chose to do.
Quote:
I didn't mention the loose hand because I didn't think anyone would be as picky as to complain about it. Someone was though. I have eBay messages to prove it.
So you are clearly in the wrong, why can't you see that?

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 11-15-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #10
Will not be censored

The hand fell off as soon as I removed the figure from the bubble wrap. When both hands were on the bo, however, the pressure caused by the tight hand pulling on the bo causes the other hand to stay firmly in place.

Your listing says "there are no problems that I know of" not "I checked over these very carefully to make sure there were no small flaws." It doesn't matter that I sold them at a mark-up. If you didn't take the time to do the research and make sure you got the most money out of them possible, I'm not responsible for that.
Quote:

Old 11-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

Bart's in the right. You scalped his stuff, got burned, & now you wanna take it out on the guy you profited off of in the first place.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 11-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #12
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
The hand fell off as soon as I removed the figure from the bubble wrap. When both hands were on the bo, however, the pressure caused by the tight hand pulling on the bo causes the other hand to stay firmly in place.
Strange that in the picture I took of the item I sent you the hands aren't falling off. Your ludicrous claims still make no sense.

Quote:
Your listing says "there are no problems that I know of" not "I checked over these very carefully to make sure there were no small flaws." It doesn't matter that I sold them at a mark-up. If you didn't take the time to do the research and make sure you got the most money out of them possible, I'm not responsible for that.
Because there WERE NO PROBLEMS. You have fabricated these problems to rip me off. You're a con artist.

Proof forthcoming. Beware if this guy is buying from you, he will figure out a way to claim you're at fault. He has done it NUMEROUS TIMES.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #13
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Bart's in the right. You scalped his stuff, got burned, & now you wanna take it out on the guy you profited off of in the first place.
Thank you.

This guy is infamous for doing to others what he has done to me. He is selling items he got in very underhanded ways - claiming there is a problem with a figure to get partial refunds. I've talked to numerous sellers he has done this to. It's part of his modus operandi.

I've talked to a number of sellers you've ripped off, Sodomy.

Last edited by BartAllen; 11-15-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #14
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I'm not going to say a lot about this and I hope I don't get pm'd about this later.
If I do get pm'd they'll get deleted because I'm not involved this is just my opinion on the matter.

This is what you should have done.

But this is what you chose to do.

So you are clearly in the wrong, why can't you see that?
First of latin kings is a ripoff artist. Proof forthcoming. DO NOT SELL HIM ITEMS! HE WILL RIP YOU OFF!

And I have all the ludicrous messages you sent on ebay. You contradicted yourself numerous times. You're a liar.

Here is just a SAMPLING of the nonsense this guy has on his feedback:

Notice he has a trend of buying items and then claiming the item is either stolen or damaged in some way. He's a con artist.

Also tried to intimidate me by saying he is a Senior Member here and that I shouldn't even bother complaining about his obvious scamming of me.

I've been buying and selling on ebay for over 10 years and haven't had a FRACTION of the problems this guy has. He is the cause of all of his problems. Con artist. Buyers you're probably buying figures that were acquired dishonestly. Sellers, don't sell to this guy. He'll get you too.

I'm not responding to this thread anymore. I've said my bit. You people make up your own mind. Oh, and please check my feedback. I am a solid buyer and seller.

Last edited by BartAllen; 11-15-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #15
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
These arrived as described for the most part but Donatello's hand was loose and kept falling off except when he was holding his bo staff in both hands which added some stability. After I re-sold the figure the buyer immediately started sending me messages upon receipt of the figure, saying that the hand was loose and that he wanted a partial refund. Since the defect was not mentioned in BartAllen's original listing, I think HE should have to cover the partial refund. What do you guys think?
Because you asked...

Take a step back and you'll see that you're being beyond silly. You purchased the figures from BartAllen. Upon receipt of said figures, it's up to you, the buyer, to inspect them and verify that they are indeed as they were described in the listing. If they are not as described, it's again up to you to reach out to BartAllen within a reasonable amount of time to attempt to resolve the issue. What is "reasonable" will vary person to person (personal opinion: 3 days after receipt is fine, 14 raises some flags, but I'd accept it). The courteous thing to do is write the seller to let him/her know if you received the items and whether or not you're satisfied, though not everyone does this.

If this reasonable amount of time passes and you have not reached out to the seller, then the logical assumption is that you are satisfied and your transaction is now complete. That means that if something happens to the figures from that point on, BartAllen owes you nothing. Your transaction is already done.

By posting these figures for sale, the next logical assumption can be made that you are satisfied with the figures. For those keeping track, that's 2 different occurrences that would indicate that the buyer is satisfied with the original transaction.

Moving on to the ebay listing itself, if you're the greatest TMNT seller ever, why would you assume that a small detail (pretending a hand that won't stay on is small) wouldn't matter to a future buyer? Collectors are among the pickiest people in the planet and as a seller of collectibles, you should know that. And even if you didn't know that, good sellers will ALWAYS disclose defects in a listing no matter their personal feelings on that particular defect.

You claim the hand fell off when you removed the figure from the package. Why not contact the seller then and there? If you had a problem with that item, that was your chance. Your silence is acceptance in this case. You've accepted the item and only had a problem when someone else had a problem. Your acceptance of the original item means that's your problem and yours alone.

And I hope the hypocrisy is not lost on you that you're upset that BartAllen didn't disclose the alleged defect yet when you listed the item, you disclosed no defect.

Finally, it's a pet peeve of mine when buyers don't leave feedback on ebay, but that's life. Please know that because ebay lets you leave feedback for quite a while after an auction ends doesn't mean the seller is responsible for that item until that feedback window is closed. You were satisfied with the initial purchase; enough to callously gloat about it here. BartAllen deserves a positive feedback from you on ebay. I hope you don't decide to leave him a negative from this. He doesn't deserve that. You didn't reach out to him in a reasonable amount of time after the auction...he never got a chance to fix any issue. Negatives should be reserved for genuine issues where a seller is contacted but unwilling to help. Leaving a negative in this situation would be a scummy move. Be better than that.

This all comes down to personal accountability. You and I have discussed this before. You make some risky moves in transactions and if things go south, you attempt to shift blame and wash your hands of it. At some point, you need to be responsible for your own actions.

tl:dr

BartAllen deserves a positive feedback on ebay, your transaction with him is complete and your silence and subsequent sale of the figure(s) indicates satisfaction on your part.

I never recommend partial refunds. If you really think the new buyer is just being overly picky, offer a full refund and block him from future listings. Re-list the item and move on.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #16
Will not be censored

BartAllen slandered me here so I just won't leave him feedback whatsoever.
Quote:

Old 11-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #17
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I see there's a great deal of consideration and personal reflection going on here.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #18
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Slandered you? LMAO. Okay!

You are ripping me off. Plain and simple.

Others are writing that in this thread and you dismiss them because it doesn't align with what you think. You're in the wrong with this.

And you know damn well what would happen if you left me negative feedback. I would just warn other sellers to not sell you their items. Like a number of other people you have bought items from.

I have now spoken to 20 ebayers who have all shared similar stories about how you will either demand partial or TOTAL refunds without returning items. You are a scam artist. You take advantage of the fact that buyers can't be left negative feedback, otherwise you would have been gone long ago. Everything I have written in this thread about you is the complete and total TRUTH.

Be aware of ***First of Two Latin Kings***. He will try his best to justify ripping you off if he buys an item from you.

Another thing: In the years you've been on eBay, you sure have been "SLANDERED" FAR, FAR more than ANY OTHER EBAYER I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. Maybe the problem isn't everyone else. Maybe the problem is you... scratch that, the problem IS YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
I see there's a great deal of consideration and personal reflection going on here.
Frankly, I don't think he has the capacity for self-introspection. He's too concerned with writing "suck it, losers" on a message board that I'm sure children visit. Disgraceful.

Last edited by BartAllen; 11-17-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:25 PM   #19
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Okay, enough of this. Take this off the forums.
Closed Thread