The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-19-2021, 08:14 PM   #41
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
To be fair in the actual video game, Goro was a stop-motion clay figure.
Ahhhhh that's true. LOL! God I haven't played that game in years.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #42
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Imma need the sequel rn love the cast but I’m especially surprised that I like Keno in this, he’s a riot

The finishers are so bloody they censored it in cinema but I can tell it’s good. Can’t wait for digital release.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:58 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only thing that irks me so far is no Johnny Cage, as his absence is mind boggling being an original character and still important to the games to this day, but everything else looks good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:24 PM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, no Cage is F'n stupid. Still looks pretty good, though. I'll check it out; I'm paying for HBO Max anyway, might as well.

It mathematically can't be any worse than "Annihilation" so I feel pretty comfortable with it. We'll see.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, no Cage is F'n stupid. Still looks pretty good, though. I'll check it out; I'm paying for HBO Max anyway, might as well.

It mathematically can't be any worse than "Annihilation" so I feel pretty comfortable with it. We'll see.
Oh it gets better. Apparently Johnny Cage isn't in the movie because 'it doesn't make sense for a white guy to be in that role'. But like Sonya and Kano are ok? **** you. Just **** you. I'm assuming cause Sonya is a woman and Kano is a villain, but like a heroic white guy, OH WE SURE CAN'T HAVE THAT IN 2021.

Like **** you. They can't even make a good Mortal Kombat movie without their anti-white wokeness being forced in there somewhere.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:51 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, LORD, it really is Everywhere.

Individually, I love lots of people, even people who I disagree with on various matters. On an individual, person-to-person level, I can get along with people despite pretty strong differences of politics and philosophy. I do it every day. You're far more liberal than I am, Coola, but I still like you. You're not a f*cking nutcase, and that counts for a lot.

Collectively, though? I. F*cking. HATE. Liberals. Like, it's getting harder and harder to keep a lid on that sh*t. But when they have to smear their "woke" garbage all over the f*cking cultural landscape it's like, f*cking STOP IT already.

Oddly enough, some of my best friends are "liberals". But go figure, even Those People tend to agree with me that Sh*t Like This is pointless garbage.

"Wouldn't make sense to have a White Person in that role." F*ck off, racists.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:08 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Oh, LORD, it really is Everywhere.

Individually, I love lots of people, even people who I disagree with on various matters. On an individual, person-to-person level, I can get along with people despite pretty strong differences of politics and philosophy. I do it every day. You're far more liberal than I am, Coola, but I still like you. You're not a f*cking nutcase, and that counts for a lot.

Collectively, though? I. F*cking. HATE. Liberals. Like, it's getting harder and harder to keep a lid on that sh*t. But when they have to smear their "woke" garbage all over the f*cking cultural landscape it's like, f*cking STOP IT already.

Oddly enough, some of my best friends are "liberals". But go figure, even Those People tend to agree with me that Sh*t Like This is pointless garbage.

"Wouldn't make sense to have a White Person in that role." F*ck off, racists.
See the thing is, I don't go by any label or any side. I've been called leftist, but like... I don't agree with any of that SJW woke nonsense that the left is crazy about, I just don't like Orange Man.

I guess I just go by my old fashioned beliefs of trying not to be a dick, to treat people fairly, respect others, not be racist/homophobic/sexist and not play this weird game where everyone either wants to earn victim points or purposely look for things to be offended over or to create the next big hashtag movement or 'let's try to retroactively change this or that cause something 20 years ago doesn't meet modern day standards'. Like I don't even have a political side anymore because the Democrats now are NOT the Democrats I grew up with as a kid.

I just try to live by common sense and decency, labels be damned. I don't fit neatly into any box nor do I want to.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-07-2021, 08:18 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

All well and fair.

Movie might very well still be very good, and I won't be shocked if it is indeed pretty good. But IF that's the legit reason for no Johnny Cage, then that's Retarded with the capital R.

Just like Supergirl being Hispanic in the Flash movie because "blonde-haired blue-eyed white girls are Problematic in 2021." Same sh*t. Are we so far gone, culturally, that blonde hair and blue eyes immediately makes people jump to "Nazi" in their minds? We can't even have characters look like what they're established to look like, or have characters who exist within the fiction be a part of movies based on said fiction, because "Too Many Honkies" or some ridiculous sh*t like that. It's stupid.

Movie's probably good anyway. It's just like... Jesus, can we have ONE thing free of this kind of ass-backward "Wokester Logic"? And people wonder why I don't get excited for movies and TV shows anymore, why I expect them all to be terrible and am pleasantly surprised if they're not. Just LOOK at the kinda sh*t we're dealing with behind the scenes.

Anyway. Looking forward to seeing it on HBO Max, eventually. I'm sure we'll still get Cage in a sequel, but to leave him out of this one, the Big Important Relaunch Movie, and have some made-up scrub in there instead is just... well, these are Bad Choices, made for Bad Reasons. And that's frustrating.

Last edited by Leo656; 04-07-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:30 PM   #49
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
All well and fair.

Movie might very well still be very good, and I won't be shocked if it is indeed pretty good. But IF that's the legit reason for no Johnny Cage, then that's Retarded with the capital R.

Just like Supergirl being Hispanic in the Flash movie because "blonde-haired blue-eyed white girls are Problematic in 2021." Same sh*t. Are we so far gone, culturally, that blonde hair and blue eyes immediately makes people jump to "Nazi" in their minds? We can't even have characters look like what they're established to look like, or have characters who exist within the fiction be a part of movies based on said fiction, because "Too Many Honkies" or some ridiculous sh*t like that. It's stupid.

Movie's probably good anyway. It's just like... Jesus, can we have ONE thing free of this kind of ass-backward "Wokester Logic"? And people wonder why I don't get excited for movies and TV shows anymore, why I expect them all to be terrible and am pleasantly surprised if they're not. Just LOOK at the kinda sh*t we're dealing with behind the scenes.

Anyway. Looking forward to seeing it on HBO Max, eventually. I'm sure we'll still get Cage in a sequel, but to leave him out of this one. the Big Important Relaunch Movie, and have some made-up scrub in there instead is just... well, these are Bad Choices, made for Bad Reasons. And that's frustrating.
I'll prob try to watch it in theaters, my buds are totally stoked on it. IDK, I really hate this OC character, it gives me Alice vibes from the RE movies. I hope the dude 'knows his place', so to speak. Like ultimately the real hero of MK is supposed to be Liu Kang. I'm gonna have all sorts of nerd rage if Mr OC goes all 'step aside, I got this' to Kang and takes the big bad down.

Like yeah, it sucks they replaced Cage with this OC, but at least Cage was never the big hero of MK, it was always Liu Kang. At least in the older games.

Hopefully they'll pull a bait and switch and this punk dies near the end so Liu Kang takes over. I mean they're already playing up Kano as one of the gang with the never-see-it-coming shocking twist that he's bound to betray the team.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #50
Shark_Blade
Emperor

For people wondering why Johnny Cage isn’t in the movie, Cole Young replaces him.

‘MORTAL KOMBAT': WHY COLE YOUNG REPLACES JOHNNY CAGE IN THE 2021 MOVIE
https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ng-johnny-cage

Quote:
Lastly, one more problem Garner and his team had was the unsavory idea of a white character (like Johnny Cage) being the hero who saves everyone. (Tan is mixed-race Chinese-British.) In Mortal Kombat lore, Johnny Cage is a Hollywood star who enters the tournament to prove he isn’t a pampered, spoiled A-lister. While Cage is rarely the capital-H hero in any given Mortal Kombat game, he is always somewhere near the center bringing levity to the serious stakes.

Garner didn’t confirm the precise whereabouts of Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat (his name came up a few times during the interview) but his absence thus far suggests the filmmakers are trying something different.

“I feel like if I was getting to make a movie with a diverse cast, it felt weird to have a white actor, literally Johnny Cage, be the hero of the story,” Garner says, adding that these discussions took place at the start of the movie’s pre-production nearly seven years ago “way before Black Lives Matter” and other pushes for diversity across industries including Hollywood.

But just because people’s favorite characters aren’t in Mortal Kombat doesn’t mean they won’t ever appear onscreen. “We don’t want to disappoint the fans,” Garner says. “That being said, there’s no possible way to make a movie where everybody gets what they want.”
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:21 PM   #51
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only thing that irks me so far is no Johnny Cage, as his absence is mind boggling being an original character and still important to the games to this day, but everything else looks good.
The director confirmed they're saving him for a sequel and realize he's a very important character. I hope the new guys whole purpose is to see him get a fatality by the end of the movie. Now that would be something fresh with the whole "oh you thought he was the hero? He's dead".
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:43 AM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The director confirmed they're saving him for a sequel and realize he's a very important character. I hope the new guys whole purpose is to see him get a fatality by the end of the movie. Now that would be something fresh with the whole "oh you thought he was the hero? He's dead".
They better, because if not we're gonna get Alice all over again. I'm starting to wonder if the dude played enough of the games because LIU KANG was the hero not Johnny Cage. The way he talks in the interview not only concerns me with them removing Johnny from the movie but also the OC taking Liu Kang's place.

This is starting to piss me off. Sure the Sub-Zero/Scorpion stuff looks great but gawd dammit, STICK TO THE ****IN GAME. Hell, the story should be from Liu Kang's POV, have HIM learn about the legends and stuff. I understand a fresh new take but pick the right main character. Imagine a Mario movie about Fransisco and Mario and Luigi are just kinda there.

This would be like Leo and me making a SF movie but from the perspective of some lame OC named Steven. We'll just get away with it by making sure the Akuma actor looks cool and throwing in some sweet Ryu/Ken and Chun Li/Juri fight scenes and the fans will be too busy jizzing their pants to notice.

That's basically this movie. Everyone is busting nuts over Fatalities and the Sub Zero/Scorpion stuff to care that the overall story is getting ****ed.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:33 AM   #53
Sumac
Banned

From what I heard from people who watched this movie, story is a weakest point of it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #54
sdp
-

Meh, while Cage will be missed they can play with the story a bit and it can still be good. I won't judge the movie solely on that until I actually watch it. I'd be more pissed if all females have SJW clothing like MK11 but that's not a deciding factor if the movie is good or not either.

Now they just released the theme song and it's a remix of the 90s techno song and it sucks, should've gone for something more original and if they wanted techno then make something entirely new, this remix just feels soulless.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:50 AM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sonya is white

Raiden is an Elder God but his design resembles an Asian mans. Liu Kang is Asian. Sub-zero and Scorpion are Asian.

Kano is Australian (does that count as white these days? I dunno). Johnny Cage was also the only other major white character of the original cast.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #56
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Sonya is white

Raiden is an Elder God but his design resembles an Asian mans. Liu Kang is Asian. Sub-zero and Scorpion are Asian.

Kano is Australian (does that count as white these days? I dunno). Johnny Cage was also the only other major white character of the original cast.
don't sweat it, it's just the usual articles meant to get a rise out of peoplewith either "WHITE GENOCIDE OMG" if someone who is not white gets a role or the opposite "OMG RACISM" if a white person gets a role. Cage seems to not have gotten in the movie because they wanted someone new, it's a lame decision but it appears to be a dumb hollywood decision not based on any real political bias no matter how hard websites are trying to say it is.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #57
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
don't sweat it, it's just the usual articles meant to get a rise out of peoplewith either "WHITE GENOCIDE OMG" if someone who is not white gets a role or the opposite "OMG RACISM" if a white person gets a role. Cage seems to not have gotten in the movie because they wanted someone new, it's a lame decision but it appears to be a dumb hollywood decision not based on any real political bias no matter how hard websites are trying to say it is.
Yeah, Those places tends to be very anti SJW and anti Woke.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #58
Sumac
Banned

Remix is garbage.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:10 PM   #59
sdp
-

dubstep was a mistake.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I mean the actual person behind the movie said so.... so um.... yeah....