The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #81
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker View Post
I'm forty five. Do you hear me bitching?
No.
It is what I make of it. Crappy day or excellent day. I still do the same things, like mostly the same things, and I don't particularly give a damn if you don't agree with my every whim or like the same things that I do. You don't have to. You're not supposed to. I don't knock you for it.
You be you. I'll be me.
And I'm quite happy. Hopefully, so are you.
I don't even remotely do the same things I did when I was younger. I have things that I'm considering getting rid of that I barely do anything with anymore - I've got a car I'm considering getting rid of. I don't use it. It's not like 20 years ago where your buddies all show up with cool cars on your driveway and then everyone goes out to some cruise night or a bar or something. I don't even remotely do the things I used to do. LOL! I'm excited to go out and make my yard look better or to get something done. I can't even bring myself to turn on a video game for an hour because it's a complete and utter waste of whatever time I happen to have.

The easiest time waster I have left is on any given forum like this because I'm usually online with 20 windows open anyway while I do something related to my business or something financial.

I don't know how you do the same things, but not me, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:53 PM   #82
Leo656
The Franchise

I simply cannot ignore the fact that so many of the people who claim they can't sleep well are also people who don't smoke pot. Like it's so consistent that it jumps out at me.

My wife and I both suffered from chronic insomnia for many, many years. But that all stopped immediately forever when we started smoking pot. I also drink a good amount of coffee, which can really screw with your sleep, but smoking completely neutralizes the effects of the caffeine.

People can do what they wanna do, obviously. Just saying, having Been There and Done That, solutions exist. And I'd rather do That than Other Stuff.

I took an Ambien ONCE when I couldn't fall asleep. I woke up when I fell out of bed, and the walls were all melting. Never again.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:56 PM   #83
Prowler
Emperor

Dunno about weed, but alcohol helps you fall asleep as well. And I don't even mean getting drunk. Just getting a little buzzed. Drink a few beers late at night and you'll have an easier time sleeping. Ofc, I don't recommend doing that often. Don't just start using alcohol as sleeping medication. Just like I'd jot recommend anyone to use alcohol as their personal anxiety medication. That can lead to another problem...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:50 AM   #84
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Alcohol doesn't work for me. I fall asleep more easily, sure, but then I have the worst nightmares and I wake up in the middle of the night sweaty and full of anxiety. No, thanks.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #85
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sdMpIj_YfTI

Welch in her 40s , not too shabby

(I've anger issues so adding alco and weed is prolly not the best idea)

Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; 05-16-2021 at 08:38 AM.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:55 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Alcohol doesn't work for me. I fall asleep more easily, sure, but then I have the worst nightmares and I wake up in the middle of the night sweaty and full of anxiety. No, thanks.
You're not drinking enough.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:46 AM   #87
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I simply cannot ignore the fact that so many of the people who claim they can't sleep well are also people who don't smoke pot. Like it's so consistent that it jumps out at me.

My wife and I both suffered from chronic insomnia for many, many years. But that all stopped immediately forever when we started smoking pot. I also drink a good amount of coffee, which can really screw with your sleep, but smoking completely neutralizes the effects of the caffeine.

People can do what they wanna do, obviously. Just saying, having Been There and Done That, solutions exist. And I'd rather do That than Other Stuff.

I took an Ambien ONCE when I couldn't fall asleep. I woke up when I fell out of bed, and the walls were all melting. Never again.

You KNOOOW I can't do that stuff!! Seriously, if I thought that was a solution for insomnia- which I get regularly for about a week every month(if you get my drift)- I'd try it, but as is, just NO. Not gonna risk anaphylactic shock just to get to sleep.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:36 PM   #88
Leo656
The Franchise

CBD Gummy Bears are a thing. You're just making excuses.

There's a reason the CBD industry blew up overnight from nothing into a billion-dollar industry. Because the stuff works, and was specifically engineered to help people who can't/won't smoke marijuana. It's literally saving lives.

I'm a very pragmatic individual. When people claim they've got problems, my natural inclination is to offer solutions to said problems. I understand that some people can't/won't smoke, but other options now exist and are proven to work even better than pharmaceutical/chemical solutions, and with no negative side effects. Hell, even the CBD roll-on works better than IcyHot for chronic pain relief (chronic pain being something I'm a bit of an expert on). It's all out there.

People owe it to themselves to get educated on these things and do right by themselves. There are legitimate options in between "living in pain and misery" and "getting hooked on opiates", now.

For anyone interested, I can ask my wife which CBD brands she recommends for gummies, vapes, drops, roll-ons or whatever. She's the one who buys it. She's got Lyme Disease and various spinal problems that give her chronic migraines, but the CBD stuff has been a huge help. I was skeptical at first but the change it's made over the last two or three years has been incredible. She used to spend entire days in bed trying to sleep, but now she has a lot less pain and a lot more energy, even on her "bad" days. For my part, the roll-on definitely makes a huge difference when my back locks up (which is happening more and more often these days); not only does it work better than IcyHot, but it smells better.

So yeah, I don't know the brands but anyone interested can let me know and I'll ask her. She's doing tons better thank to CBD. Finally getting her life back.

Last edited by Leo656; 05-19-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:54 PM   #89
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

There's a reason the CBD industry blew up overnight from nothing into a billion-dollar industry. Because the stuff works, and was specifically engineered to help people who can't/won't smoke marijuana. It's literally saving lives.

I'm a very pragmatic individual. When people claim they've got problems, my natural inclination is to offer solutions to said problems. I understand that some people can't/won't smoke, but other options now exist and are proven to work even better than pharmaceutical/chemical solutions, and with no negative side effects. Hell, even the CBD roll-on works better than IcyHot for chronic pain relief (chronic pain being something I'm a bit of an expert on). It's all out there.

People owe it to themselves to get educated on these things and do right by themselves. There are legitimate options in between "living in pain and misery" and "getting hooked on opiates", now.

For anyone interested, I can ask my wife which CBD brands she recommends for gummies, vapes, drops, roll-ons or whatever. She's the one who buys it. She's got Lyme Disease and various spinal problems that give her chronic migraines, but the CBD stuff has been a huge help. I was skeptical at first but the change it's made over the last two or three years has been incredible. She used to spend entire days in bed trying to sleep, but now she has a lot less pain and a lot more energy, even on her "bad" days. For my part, the roll-on definitely makes a huge difference when my back locks up (which is happening more and more often these days); not only does it work better than IcyHot, but it smells better.

So yeah, I don't know the brands but anyone interested can let me know and I'll ask her. She's doing tons better thank to CBD. Finally getting her life back.
Send me some. Never tried 'em, but gummies... yum. LOL
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:00 PM   #90
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Yeah, but with what that stuff does to my breathing and stomach just from contact with the vapor and/or residue, I really can't afford to take that chance. Since I don't even know what PART of weed's composition I'm allergic to, I simply can't gamble that I can eat it, especially since I already know SOMETHING in it not only makes me choke and wheeze, but also NAUSEOUS! And dizzy. If I need herbal remedies, there are plenty of others out there that I KNOW are safe for me to use. Chamomile seems to help, as does lavender. And I make an herbal tea that works wonders for all sorts of things, including relaxation. So I'll just stick to the stuff I can use without risking death....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 03:36 PM   #91
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Sammo Hung : "I'm 29 yr old plus tax"
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:05 AM   #92
sdp
Megan Fox = April

To our aging forum members who keep posting boomer opinions in threads
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:53 PM   #93
CyberCubed
Overlord

In another fandom I'm in all the main users are now around 18-24 years old. I saw someones birth date say, "1999" and they're like the main person in the fandom now and that creeped me out.

That means in 2005 that person was only 5 years old in kindergarten and I was already posting online for almost a decade, and now that person is one of the main members of online fandom. Really weirds me out knowing kids in the early 2000's are now 20+ year olds...meaning I'm interacting with people half my age.

I wasn't kidding when I said this stuff makes me feel old.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:53 PM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

I feel old every time I realize that I was alive at a time when the TMNT franchise wasn't wall-to-wall trash.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:33 PM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's different here because most of us hover around the same age. But going to other places on the internet and you sometimes forget you're interacting with or reading the posts of someone 10-15 years younger than you. They have totally different experiences going into the world or what they grew up with, and their views are different than your own. As I said seeing someone who has their birthdate, "1999" really takes me out. That means they were 5 years old by 2005 when I was already in college.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #96
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wasn't kidding when I said this stuff makes me feel old.
When you're old enough to be their parent or to have at least babysat them... now that's when you really feel it. When they were just an infant when you were already a young adult... Ouch. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #97
ABrown
Banned

40 is definitely fitting for me. I'm a crabby old man.

But I'll come across a girl who is in her early 20's, and I just find it sick how there are men who go for girls that could be their daughter. If I weren't married, I would never go after a girl in her 20's. Heck, I'd probably be going after girls who are 5-10 years OLDER than me.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:51 PM   #98
Leo656
The Franchise

Hot is Hot, I don't even give a f*ck.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:36 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Heck, I'd probably be going after girls who are 5-10 years OLDER than me.
You mean 50 year olds?

I don't know...you're pushing into grandma territory at that point.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:24 PM   #100
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Says the guy who will probably still be living like a 25-year-old when he's a 50-year-old grandpa. lol

Yeah, the age difference to the point that they were just a baby or little kid while you were already an adult is rather gross. No harm in thinking a young adult is attractive, but I think there's definitely a line and leave it at just thinking "if only I was still his age."

Though in my upper 30s I decided I was okay with the idea of a guy being a little younger. Previously I preferred same age or a little older... I was not ready for the thought of 40+ men yet. lol Though I prefer age still be relatively close within a few years.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote