The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #221
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
Enough to know that making show to sell toys is idiotic since the toyline is dying.
Which toyline?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord

Considering well written shows like Young Justice were canceled because the toyline bombed, I don't see how anyone can say the show doesn't need the toys to survive.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #223
NoName999
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Which toyline?
I meant in general
Old 05-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #224
Powder
So tired of this place

So ALL toylines are dying? Nobody is buying toys anymore?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #225
pennydreadful
trash

The toylines are dead. Long live the toylines.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #226
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Rocksteady is fine. Bebop reminds me of Baxter Fly and Karai as I didn't think they looked great until I saw them in motion. This applies again with Bebop. I'm betting I'll like him better when I see him in motion.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:58 AM   #227
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
I meant in general
*cough*Transformers*cough*
Old 05-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #228
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Wow, just saw these B&R images. Sorry to be late to the party.

Rocksteady looks pretty cool, but I'm not digging Bebop's design, seems too skinny.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:29 PM   #229
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
Wow, just saw these B&R images. Sorry to be late to the party.

Rocksteady looks pretty cool, but I'm not digging Bebop's design, seems too skinny.
That's pretty much what I thought.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #230
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

I just hope that if they add in Bebop and Rocksteady they either make them a serious threat or get rid of Fishface and Rahzar somehow. That's one too many bumbling henchmen for me.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #231
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugehen View Post
I just hope that if they add in Bebop and Rocksteady they either make them a serious threat or get rid of Fishface and Rahzar somehow. That's one too many bumbling henchmen for me.
Hopefully these guys won't be too bumbling, because that always annoyed me about the 80s' cartoon. Although I do admit I'm curious to see how long Shredder puts up with them, unless they're the result of some sort of revenge by Baxter (the start of his desired 'mutant army' perhaps?) and he's going to sic them on Shredder. That would remove the issue of Shredder having too many mutant henchmen, since half of these would end up being Baxter's.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #232
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Yeah Metalwolf, wondering what it would be like if they served someone other than Shredder. I was glad that Shredder/Kraang alliance didn't take place until the last few eps of season 1. If B and R do work for Shredder, I hope it doesn't happen right away. I guess it probably will though.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #233
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Hopefully these guys won't be too bumbling, because that always annoyed me about the 80s' cartoon. Although I do admit I'm curious to see how long Shredder puts up with them, unless they're the result of some sort of revenge by Baxter (the start of his desired 'mutant army' perhaps?) and he's going to sic them on Shredder. That would remove the issue of Shredder having too many mutant henchmen, since half of these would end up being Baxter's.
I would really like that actually. Baxter is always getting crapped on in every continuity so it'd be cool to see his character grow some manhood and lead a mutant army. Kinda like Old Hob in IDW.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #234
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Ditto (though I do actually enjoy Fishface)... I'd hope they get a little more fleshed out if we do see them again, otherwise I really don't see the point. I don't really want to see another dimwitted B&R interpretation where they flub everything they do - it's not very interesting to watch, IMO. No offense intended to those who do enjoy 80's B&R!
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #235
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
No. The more the better. Why does Shredder always send 2 people to take on a team of four? That one episode looked epic with Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface and Karai all fighting the Turtles at the same time. We need more of that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:17 AM   #236
bone
Random Punk

It'd be interesting to see Nick Shredder and B&R interact, since he contrasts pretty significantly from 80's Shredder. Could be like Turtles Forever when 2k3 Shredder met them.

And I kiiiiiind of like the size difference between the two in this design. Kind of. Rocksteady definitely looks cool
Old 06-02-2014, 04:45 AM   #237
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, definitely. Early OT they weren't so bad. They were an actual threat. Later on, they became the comedy relief entirely.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #238
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Yeah, definitely. Early OT they weren't so bad. They were an actual threat. Later on, they became the comedy relief entirely.
They became comedy relief the moment Season 2 began. By Season 3 they were entirely comic relief.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #239
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

What are you guy's hoping for from these guy's? Comical or more serious? I'm hoping they are serious this season, it won't match right. Shredder is serious this series compared to the Shredder of the 80s series, can you imagine how that'd workXD
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #240
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

I'm hoping they're kind of like how the IDW comics have them. Comical, but still very much a threat. I mean the IDW versions take bullets like it was nothing to them.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, nick, rocksteady