The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: They could have seriously made this a two-parter with more backstory...
Of Course I'm going to attack you! 16 18.60%
I would eat him just to shut him up... 36 41.86%
We have to find that helmet or we'll have to keep looking at Shredder's gross face. 13 15.12%
Who gave Michael Jackson a mohawk and a tron suit? 10 11.63%
Want More Foot History NOW!! 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #121
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I love Bebop in this show, and his design. I only don't like his name Anton.

I like the design of the Russian guy, but he needs to lose the accent if he becomes Rocksteady.
If you don't mind me asking, whats so wrong with the name Anton?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #122
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Good episode, liked seeing all the henchman. I'm sure Baxter can talk, the VA probably just wasn't available. Really like seeing Rahzar and tiger claw talk. Weird, it almost seemed like shredder cared a small bit about Karai.

Worst part of the episode: Leo's voice.

It's a Leo voice, yeah. Just doesn't fit in with the others, lacks emotion (like when the guys were disobeying him at the beginning), and is just distracting
Old 06-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #123
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You seem to not understand the difference between a new take and the same character. Every character in the Nick show is a new take, but they're still the same characters.

Anton IS Bebop.
And Steranko IS Rocksteady. Accent and all. Hell the accent you're so pissy about is part of the new take on the character. So quit complaining.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #124
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
Good episode, liked seeing all the henchman. I'm sure Baxter can talk, the VA probably just wasn't available. Really like seeing Rahzar and tiger claw talk. Weird, it almost seemed like shredder cared a small bit about Karai.
It's hard to raise someone who you technically hate and not feel some affection for them.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #125
Powder
So tired of this place

Am I the only guy who, despite enjoying Phil's work, really likes the idea of a more feral Baxter? I found him far more entertaining with just fly sounds than with a regular voice.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #126
Ninjinister
無問題

I wanna see Rahzar and Tiger Claw hang out in their downtime now.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #127
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

With all the weapons from Myth that Rockstandy has in his collection, The only things he is really missing is Thor's hammer and the Arms of Achilles.

For people that dont know, the arms of the Great Achilles were made by the God of Fire, and were said to be the finest arms there ever was.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #128
Ninjinister
無問題

I thought it was pretty ballsy of them to include the Spear of Destiny in the show. Not too often do you see references to Christianity in modern children's entertainment outside of dedicated media, for fear of a soccer mom uprising.

Speaking of which, it's in my personal headcanon that Steranko has a super intense sweet tooth. I don't think most people would be able to tell a fake spear was made of marzipan just by breaking it.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #129
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
well of course, Shredder did raise her since she was a baby.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #130
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I liked the episode in and of itself but I honestly have to say that I really think the show will suffer without Jason Biggs. I know this will probably become an area of contention among fans but I just feel that he doesn't have the dynamic and dramatic flair in his voice that this version of Leo really needs. I was super pumped to see the future Bebop though. Also I love seeing Tiger Claw. I'm glad they're using him. I felt some of the dialog of this ep was a little cliche as well. My main example of this was when Leo screamed "Nooooo!!!" Was anyone else hoping they would have shown an easter egg of the 80s Shredder during the flashback sequence? I just thought it would be a good way to work him in since they were showing the helmet down through the years. I know his helmet looked somewhat different but it would have been cool if the guy who created the helmet would have looked like 80s Shredder or something.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:44 AM   #131
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant

Perfect episode for Father's Day...

Karai doesn't really need to be rescued; seems like she can bust herself out and when she does....watch out Shredder!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #132
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
With all the weapons from Myth that Rockstandy has in his collection, The only things he is really missing is Thor's hammer and the Arms of Achilles.

For people that dont know, the arms of the Great Achilles were made by the God of Fire, and were said to be the finest arms there ever was.
Let's not forget the Golden Fleece, the holy grail, the philosophers stone, the aegis, ogma's whip, The cap of invisibility, The book of Thoth, the apple of discord, The hand of Glory, and a whole list of other mythological and legendary objects.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #133
ZeoRed
Thug

So did I miss something? Is Biggs out of
The show for good?
ZeoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 AM   #134
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

Not going to like this Bebop at all.
If the Russian is Rocksteady he is ok.
Sighphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:26 AM   #135
pennydreadful
trash

Oh wow, just finished watching the episode... loved that moment between Karai and Shredder in the prison - all the feels!!!

Also it was great to have another episode without the April/Kraang storyline.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #136
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Oh wow, just finished watching the episode... loved that moment between Karai and Shredder in the prison - all the feels!!!

Also it was great to have another episode without the April/Kraang storyline.
Too bad we're going to have another one this week which makes no sense after that cliffhanger.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:10 AM   #137
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurFlytle View Post
Too bad we're going to have another one this week which makes no sense after that cliffhanger.
Eh, I'll just spend the downtime between good episodes coming up with off-screen bromance bonding moments for Rahzar and Tiger Claw.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #138
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Let's not forget the Golden Fleece, the holy grail, the philosophers stone, the aegis, ogma's whip, The cap of invisibility, The book of Thoth, the apple of discord, The hand of Glory, and a whole list of other mythological and legendary objects.
He had all of those? He ran through his list so fast that I couldn't pick up all that he was saying.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:05 AM   #139
alpaca witch
Random Punk

I really like the dynamic new Bebop and Rocksteady have, they both provide comic relief without going overboard and can still be threatening and serious when needed. People seemed to be annoyed by new Bebop's "hoo hoo's" and all that but I thought it was hilarious, coupled with his laser mohawks.
Did anyone else think when they removed the bag from Karai's head they'd find out shredder mutated her? I know it isn't confirmed she'll mutate but it seemed like the perfect set up for that.
alpaca witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:11 AM   #140
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I thought so, too, but I liked how it was a bomb. Too bad this arc won't continue for two weeks and we'll be back to the Kraang plot next week. Still, looks like it'll be a fun filler episode, so I guess I can deal with that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop