The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-23-2021, 02:41 AM   #121
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
In just a few months this show will be a decade old
Not until September 2022.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:38 PM   #122
Vegita-San
Emperor

So, all but done. only really have the renet arc to watch.

I'd rank my favorite seasons as 1, 4, 5, 2 and 3. 5 wasn't bad. apart from the goofy Mad Max parody done purely out of spite to make sure no one else 'messed with the universe'. what THAT needed to make it better was more back story on the mutagen bomb and how things went down. we never found out what happened to karai, april and the other mutants already mutated. we never found out who launched the bomb or why. We never found out how the world got so deserted so fast so it all looked like nevada. About the only clue we got was that apparently casey got beheaded at one point and raph kept his skull for some reason. while the thing was goofy, it was at least interesting in a what if sort of way.

Yojimbo was probably the best, and with an episode written by stan saki. this usagi is a tad on the boring side being so straight laced, but he's not a bad character. and when it's all done, you wish there was more.

The Return of Shredder arc was probably the most pointless. yeah, we got 'hot head' who was kind of cool. but demon shredder lasted one episode, and did himself in for no reason at all. arguably, you could say that he did it because mikey held the seal and ordered everything back to normal...so he commanded super shredder too...but that wasn't well explained. best part of that was the short reunion with spirit splinter at the end.

Bebop and Rocksteady arc was odd. it was as close to a straight up classic episode as we'll get. although I still don't like how the old turtles are shown as 'worthless' compared to their modern counterparts, when the 2k12 turtles are just as goofy, if not more so than they ever where in some cases. but, it was a nice way to end the series, and far nicer than mutant wasteland.

don't remember much of the monster arc, other than the fact that it was yet ANOTHER excuse for this crews odd fascination for horror and fantasy elements to surface.

All in all, as we've later found out, we could have had MUCH worse a turtle series. While 2003 will always be the high bench mark for me (Even FF and BTTS), 2012 was a close second. it just needed FAR less breaks to be enjoyable...a LITTLE more tighter planning so things didn't have loose ends. and it could have been even better.

Now the question is, do I want to slog through Rise for the first time?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #123
sdp
-

And you used to hate the show right Vegita? Cool to see someone's opinion change. I also rank it after 2k3 and 1987 but it's a good show despite the things that annoy me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Bebop and Rocksteady arc was odd. it was as close to a straight up classic episode as we'll get. although I still don't like how the old turtles are shown as 'worthless' compared to their modern counterparts, when the 2k12 turtles are just as goofy, if not more so than they ever where in some cases.
The second crossover was a mistake, while it's funny it treats the 1987 turtles as worthless, not as bad as Turtles Forever but the first crossover they had was done so well, they should've just left it at that.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:23 AM   #124
Vegita-San
Emperor

I didn't hate it. I DID dislike the producers and thought they where big babies with how they handled criticism.

I DID hate the long breaks.

What basically changed was my opinion of the shows plotting. with the super long breaks, it felt like they didn't plan things out and forgot stuff. When you see it all at once... you see they planned things a bit better than thought previously and things where not as forgotten as they seemed.

yes, some things just vanished, like Casey's family, or April's Mother and father. but since they where not as plot important, I guess that can be forgiven.

but yeah, all in all, the series estimation did improve.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:53 AM   #125
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean, "long breaks" is just how the network decides to air episodes, it has nothing to do with the show itself. The 4kids series had long rerun breaks too when it originally aired, even in the middle of arcs (first ep of the Battle Nexus aired around May and the last 3 parts didn't air till the Fall for example), and so forth.

Obviously once shows end and people can marathon through shows and watch many episodes close together none of that matters anymore. How shows air new eps for the first time is up to the network deciding to stretch out new episodes, it has no impact on the show itself.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:45 AM   #126
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How shows air new eps for the first time is up to the network deciding to stretch out new episodes, it has no impact on the show itself.
I mean, except for the pacing. The show is WAY better on DVD. The breaks killed the pacing and made certain elements feel like they dragged on way too long, which is solved by being able to watch the episodes closer together.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:11 AM   #127
CyberCubed
Overlord

Which is why how eps air on TV don't matter, it's just the original run of a show and this happens with every series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #128
Overlord

The Nickelodeon cartoon didn't go on extreme breaks until later seasons. Christmas breaks in December and mid year breaks in June, July and until late August are OK.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:02 PM   #129
sdp
-

I gave up on the show because of breaks during the second season and didn't start watching again until the final season was being released so I could just watch it all at once and it was great. Waiting for seasons in 2021 is ridiculous, there's plenty of shows that are finished to watch and when you finish those you can finally watch the show you wanted completely.
You miss out on discussion and speculation, but over the years I've realized it's overrated and a waste of time, you can still have a good conversation as in this thread while watching later with people who watched it years ago and you get a better viewing experience.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:27 PM   #130
Overlord

We also had episodes airing in South Korea first (Season 4).
Old 08-24-2021, 01:23 PM   #131
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
We also had episodes airing in South Korea first (Season 4).
That was the worst one by far. Here I am, waiting for the season 4 finale, looking up to see if an airdate has been announced, and what's the first thing that comes up? A big ol' screen shot of Shredder Killing Splinter because they decided to air it in South Korea two months early and spoiler images popped up everywhere. I didn't even look up anything specifically that should have led to that, but it showed up anyways. Thank you Nickelodeon and your incomprehensible scheduling decisions.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:14 PM   #132
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
That was the worst one by far. Here I am, waiting for the season 4 finale, looking up to see if an airdate has been announced, and what's the first thing that comes up? A big ol' screen shot of Shredder Killing Splinter because they decided to air it in South Korea two months early and spoiler images popped up everywhere. I didn't even look up anything specifically that should have led to that, but it showed up anyways. Thank you Nickelodeon and your incomprehensible scheduling decisions.
Did you just Google for "TMNT Requiem" or something?

I was spoiled too, just because I happened to read some thread on this community.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:27 AM   #133
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Did you just Google for "TMNT Requiem" or something?

I was spoiled too, just because I happened to read some thread on this community.
I don't remember exactly what I googled. I just remember that I was looking for the air date, and I believe the first thing that came up was an article or video where the thumbnail was a big image of the moment Shredder stabs Splinter. Good times.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:35 AM   #134
Overlord

I think all these breaks, becoming longer and more for each year passing, are a sign that scheudled television is on its deathbed. Breaks weren't that long 30–40 years ago.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:39 AM   #135
sdp
-

I'm pretty sure "live" tv as we knew it as kids has been dead for over a decade.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #136
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm pretty sure "live" tv as we knew it as kids has been dead for over a decade.
The media landscape changed a lot while the 2012 Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon aired. When it debuted in September 2012, scheudled television was still the norm. When it ended in November 2017, it wasn't anymore.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:37 PM   #137
Vegita-San
Emperor

J ust can't really bring myself to watch the last 4 episodes of the monster arc. usually I like ghost things and time travel. but something about this arc just seems redundant after the demon shredder one.

Curse of Savanti just wasn't that interesting. although I'll get to the last three eventually.

Old 08-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #138
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
J ust can't really bring myself to watch the last 4 episodes of the monster arc. usually I like ghost things and time travel. but something about this arc just seems redundant after the demon shredder one.

Curse of Savanti just wasn't that interesting. although I'll get to the last three eventually.
I totally agree. April and Renet should have both been in "Mutant Apocalypse". It would've made way more sense to have them somehow end up in that alternate future instead of introducing that meerkat girl.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:17 AM   #139
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Happy mutation day!
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote