The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #8181
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
You named your cat after the Gargoyles character?

That's...actually pretty cool.

Yeah, we usually name them after tv/movie characters. The two boys from her first litter (the only ones we kept) were Indie (as in Jones) and Ash (grom Evil Dead). Her brother (and the daddy of Ash and Indie) was Bandit (from Smokey and the Bandit). And we were thinking of naming the new one Klunk at first. Or Nala.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #8182
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I got an eye infection, started on Thursday and just felt like I was tired from wearing contact lenses. Then it got slightly swollen on Friday, went they day without a lense, Saturday I was better and wore a lens again on the bum eye. Sunday it got worse and then on Monday the whole eye ballooned.

Had to go to the emergency room/casualty department, which was a hassle with rush hour and the heat was intolerable. Saw a doctor, he got me some eye drops and a eye cream. This is going to be for about 5 days, if not I gotta visit my GP.

It's a bit better today, but it's a hassle without dept perception as the eye can't open much and it's disorienting.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #8183
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I got an eye infection, started on Thursday and just felt like I was tired from wearing contact lenses. Then it got slightly swollen on Friday, went they day without a lense, Saturday I was better and wore a lens again on the bum eye. Sunday it got worse and then on Monday the whole eye ballooned.

Had to go to the emergency room/casualty department, which was a hassle with rush hour and the heat was intolerable. Saw a doctor, he got me some eye drops and a eye cream. This is going to be for about 5 days, if not I gotta visit my GP.

It's a bit better today, but it's a hassle without dept perception as the eye can't open much and it's disorienting.
I'm so sorry, Kappa.

I hope you'll get better.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #8184
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Thanks hopefully it'll clear up without any other complications
Old 06-27-2018, 09:18 PM   #8185
sdp
Megan Fox = April

When you forget passwords.

Also when you forget email accounts you opened, I just discovered like 2 from years ago I don't even know why I opened them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #8186
Sumac
Banned

Trying to find a job.
Trying not to get insane due to OCD.
Trying to fix my schedule so I won't sleep during the day.

Dreaming about walking barefoot to the river nearby.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #8187
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

What the hell Mezco... first, their classic comic style One:12 Punisher action figure was a limited 400 figure run that was near impossible to get. Then they just made a tactical styled Punisher figure that have the classic look, and was a "apology" figure for the last blunder.

And it's another hard to get exclusive that was sold out in short time... wow.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:13 PM   #8188
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

So.... We got Demona's ashes back yesterday. My mom brought them over from the vet. They came in a small ziplock bag inside a velvet drawstring bag embroidered with the words "Until we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge". Had a cremation certificate with her name, and a sympathy card from the vet. They did the same for Ash, though we got a small box with a brass plaque with his name and date on it for him. So now we're looking at some urns and memorial stones or statues online. We found a few that we like- one is an urn in the style of Egyptian canopic jars, with the head of Bast on the lid. Another one is a simple polished black stone statue of a cat with a place to hold the ashes inside, that opens from the bottom.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #8189
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We've been kind of needing to get our modem upstairs on the main floor of the house. It's been kept in the basement (for whatever reason) for so many years, spanning at least several modems over the years.

Have been having problems with our phones lately and the best solution, as told by the Comcast tech, other than getting an electrician to find a likely short in a wire somewhere in a wall within the house, was just to get a new set of phones and plug the main one directly into the modem. Which seems like kind of a waste and a pain in the backside to put the main phone down in a room that is really only used for storage now. So I decided to brave it and see if it would be at all possible for me to try to move the modem myself.

Given a lot of nonsense in the basement over the years (including added walls and ceiling panels in part of it that I can't remove) I really wasn't sure if it would be possible, esp on my own. Fortunately though, I was able to make it work and was able to get it upstairs. Presently there are two wires running through a floor vent near where we wanted to put it (and thankfully the cables were long enough to reach), but we'll put a notch at it's corner later so the cover will fit again and that'll do since the wires will be mostly hidden behind furniture anyhow.

The grind part... As I figured would happen, I managed to bite myself in the ass by doing this. My computer's cable to the modem went dead in the process.

No good deed goes unpunished... Needless to say I had to fork over the money for a new 50' cable today (I was hoping they'd have had 30' that might have saved me money... Grr), but it's back in business.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #8190
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Last Monday and yesterday, twice now there has been an issue at one of my account stores were the letter/number on the labels of the product, that tells me exactly where to put it in the display, has been wrong. Section numbers we don't even have. Like it says, for example, AAA58... There is a section A, but no AAA, and it's not the same thing. (Although last week there was also K, L, M, N, and O when ours stops at J.) And then when scanned it, it shows that it should really be in section B! Wasted a lot of time having to scan everything to check where it REALLY goes.

While there yesterday I emailed my supervisor, who is away for a week, to let her know it happened again.

So I go and check the email on my device when I got to one of my other stores this morning (have to do it on the clock), and low and behold... there is a mass email about the fact that due to a mistake the display directions for a particular display were not included and they attached directions for this in the email, including the section letters/number involved. I looked at it and gee... there was AAA in the list. This email was sent after 5pm, several hours after I'd left that store yesterday. OF COURSE.

I feel bad, but I'm a newbie at this and had no idea, nor do I yet understand doing these separate displays, so... I guess we can try to fix it next week, but not sure if we can even figure out which cards they were.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:14 AM   #8191
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

This past Sunday I was sick with a very high fever (I could barely stand on my feet) on the second day of a heat wave in a house that was almost 95 degrees with no air-conditioning that worked and a ****** fan that barely did the job. At some point my dad was able to get the air conditioning to work to a minimal degree. but it was so weak that unless you pulled up a chair and sat right in front of it you could not feel it or be cooled off by it. And that barely worked because I was so sick I couldn't sit upright in the chair for to long and because we don't have a living room set I had no place to lie down where the A.C was. And I had no where else to go but stay in the my hot miserable house. Worst few days ever. I can't remember the last time I was so physically uncomfortable.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:48 AM   #8192
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
This past Sunday I was sick with a very high fever (I could barely stand on my feet) on the second day of a heat wave in a house that was almost 95 degrees with no air-conditioning that worked and a ****** fan that barely did the job. At some point my dad was able to get the air conditioning to work to a minimal degree. but it was so weak that unless you pulled up a chair and sat right in front of it you could not feel it or be cooled off by it. And that barely worked because I was so sick I couldn't sit upright in the chair for to long and because we don't have a living room set I had no place to lie down where the A.C was. And I had no where else to go but stay in the my hot miserable house. Worst few days ever. I can't remember the last time I was so physically uncomfortable.
I'm sorry that you've had to deal with that in those circumstances, Sage Ninja.

Hopefully, you have gotten better since then. Regardless, I wish you well.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #8193
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Yikes. That seriously sucks. And surely kind of dangerous. Is the AC fixed now? Be careful, these heat waves always seem to have a few casualties in the news.

Good time for lots of ice water, ice cream, freeze pops, etc, to help cool people down from the inside out.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 PM   #8194
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I can definitely relate. Between the heat and my breaks being ridiculously early the past few days, not to mention sleep issues, I have been feeling very run down and tired, to the point that I have headaches and upset stomach. Hope you are feeling better now, as the more one has to be subjected to uncomfortable heat, the worse one tends to feel.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #8195
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Now, I'm not sure if it's because I've been taking my iron more routinely (been taking Defunct Hannah-Barbara Cartoon Chewables instead of Slo-FE because it's so much better on my stomach and actually ended up a more reasonable dosage...plus some extra vitamins)...but I just started a second "cycle"...two weeks after the last one ended.

And this time I'm actually cramping; haven't done that in a looong time. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the last one, but I'mma need to see a doctor and get a blood test...see how that anemia is doing.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #8196
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That sucks, bad enough it's got to be every month, but that sucks coming back so soon! Hope it's just a fluke and nothing to have to be bothered with.

Lord knows I once had mine finish up, let me have a break for ONE week then came back for no apparent reason. >.> Sometimes nature just likes to troll us.

Went to work this morning thinking the amount of stock may be lighter since there was a lot last week, esp for the display refresh my supervisor had to do... Nope. They sent us four large boxes pretty much PACKED with cards. Grr. This is a lot, esp during a slow part of the year when they suggest I should have 1 hr 45 min allotted for this store. Uh, no... try over three hours, and I still didn't finish. An entire box's worth was also kids cards that are a whole lot of overstock that we do not need right now. (As it is we already have quite a lot of them stored underneath that we need to get out too...and they send us more?)

Then fought a light headache all morning, and put up with young kids that wanted to practice shrieking just for the hell of it the whole time they were in the store, and an employee of that store that kept hanging around nearby putting things away that would not stop humming to herself, all of that not helping to discourage my headache at all...

At least I got my Threezero Leo to make it all better. Okay, and an Aleve when I got home.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-16-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:23 PM   #8197
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

when going to buy something say on BestBuy or Target's website. The sites say 35 for free shipping but the item you are buying is $34.99. I hate that
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #8198
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The fact that the main AC at work (the one for the eating area, counter, front drive window, and playground) has been out for two days now. It is literally hotter inside the store than out. And it is summer- in Texas. That is insane. It is supposed to be 100+ this week, and our customers and we have no air! One employee even walked out today because the heat inside was causing her health problems to flare up. People are walking out because it is too hot inside to eat. This s**t should NOT be happening, but the owners wouldn't do anything because the thermostat was set to 72. But it isn't working, so that argument is just ridiculous. Seriously thinking about putting a complaint with OSHA.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #8199
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh god, that's awful, I hope they actually bother to do something about it SOON. Why do they even think it's okay? You can't go giving your employees heat stroke because you don't want to bother with it, what the hell. I've been there, having to go home from the heat making me ill from the AC being out a job, but at least I was able to take water with me and sit in my car's AC until I felt better and able to drive home. You being a walker though?

I'm with you on calls needing to be made, be it OSHA, regional manager, or what.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #8200
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Fortunately, it is working again. I guess they must have gotten it fixed yesterday after I left, because it was back on when I got there this morning. But, yeah, it was bad. Employees xomplain about the heat, a d we get- "oh, it's fine, it's set at 72, you just havve to deal with a little discomfort". But apparently when customers start calling in complaints or walking out.... They finally listen. Ugh, so stupid. It was a literal health issue (and a lawsuit away from getting shut down).

And for the record, it WAS the regional (franchise) manager/owners who were all telling us to deal. And sadly, they've known it was going out for WEEKS. But did nothing because they didn't want to spend the $$ to fix it BEFORE it went out. SMH.