The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
No, I do not believe in the existence of aliens 7 18.42%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, but I do not believe that they have visited Earth 10 26.32%
Yes I believe that aliens exist & that they've visited Earth but not influenced human affairs 6 15.79%
Yes, I believe that aliens exist, and that they have visited Earth and influenced human affairs 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #41
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know, there's probably a good chance of that going both ways...

Long from now, way out in space (or at least more likely way out somewhere else in our galaxy), maybe two AI drones/robots from separate planets will encounter each other, figure out how to communicate, then sit down and tell each other the story about the planet they came from and the now long gone people who created them...

(edit: Could make for a touching end of a film. Kind of like that AI: Artificial Intelligence movie actually.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #42
Sumac
Banned

Yes, I believe that some kind of life forms do exist in the Universe.
Whether they are microbes or some advanced civilization of grey people - who knows?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Via IFLS's FB page.

Spoiler:
Old 07-10-2020, 08:13 AM   #44
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

~bump for more votes~
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #45
neatoman
Emperor

Do I believe aliens exist? In the sense that mathematically they have to.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #46
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I think anyone who has had at least a single semester of astronomy or astro-physics has to believe in aliens. Even though we live in a finite (flat curved) universe, it is so huge and far too vast for humans and earthlings (who choose not to co-exist properly) to be the highest and only form of life out there.

Yes aliens exist. We've discovered alien bacteria after all and there is water on Mars. Hawking, Einstein, Sagan, Degrasse Tyson, and Kaku all say there is alien life.

I'll hedge my bets!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #47
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Yes, I do believe aliens exist and have visited Earth but not influenced human affairs. The episodes of tv series Unsolved Mysteries about alien abductions and UFOs are very convincing imo.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:41 AM   #48
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Yes, I do believe aliens exist and have visited Earth but not influenced human affairs. The episodes of tv series Unsolved Mysteries about alien abductions and UFOs are very convincing imo.
I agree with you about them existing , Wes, and who knows, maybe sometime long ago, in prehistory, they did visit the Earth, but Unsolved Mysteries is a completely dramatized show. It's almost conspiratorial and shouldn't be taken as evidence.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #49
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Saw a UFO years ago as a kid, while on a weekend camping trip with my mom and one of our family friends and her daughter. We all saw it, around 3am, and apparently, so did a guy night-fishing in a small aluminum boat. And whatever it was- it looked like a ball of yellowish light about maybe 15 ft across, flashing in and out, fading slowly, disappearing and then reappearing in different locations, and zipping at impossible speeds around the the lake, all seemingly randomly- audibly zapped the power from his spotlight! He took off like a bat out of h***, and it shot straight up and disappeared! The boat was close enough to shore for us to clearly see and hear the boat and its occupant moving around in it, and the fact that when he pulled up to the object, there was nothing under it, and it did not light up the surrounding area.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:20 AM   #50
Turo602
The King of Kings

I don't so much "believe" in aliens but I'm very open to the possibility based on sheer probability. But even then, I don't necessarily think of aliens as the grey or green big headed bug eyed super advanced beings often depicted in media and conspiracies.

If aliens exist, I highly doubt they're as advanced as we've become or even so much better that they secretly visit us to f*ck with us and make us look crazy for thinking we saw one of them in their fancy space ships.

From an evolutionary standpoint, we need to remember that all life alive today on this planet from as far back before even the dinosaurs, evolved from only 4% of life that survived the Permian - Triassic extinction about 250 million years ago. We as humans are the product of circumstance within a much larger chain of circumstances that even allowed for life to exist.

If life is somehow thriving on some distant and unknown planet, it is very unlikely that they would have gone through the same evolutionary changes that led to creatures so complex and advanced that they were able to invent, handle tools, and develop speech and complex thoughts and emotions.

There could be a planet out there with animals that were once on this planet that actually had a chance to evolve into something better and human-like beings never got to exist, let alone, dinosaurs. Or f*ck it, maybe there is some dinosaur planet out there where they never went extinct and still rule the world. But I highly doubt alien life got so advanced that they somehow have the means to do things we can only imagine.

Last edited by Turo602; 07-13-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #51
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno, imo we are already all the proof we need of what's possible. We've already done things that other people centuries and millennia ago could not even imagine, and no doubt if we could visit the future I'm sure they'd likewise blow our own minds in some ways.

Heck, we've already spent decades wanting to get out into space beyond our moon and see other worlds even though there's no way we're ready for it yet. Why wouldn't other intelligent beings be just as curious and want to explore it too.

There may well be others out there on our level or beyond us if their species is a lot older than ours and have simply had more time to advance further. Though our own planet as an example of only one species out of all those that have ever existed on Earth actually becoming what we are, it might be safe to assume that it's a rare event and most planets with life may just be the universe's glorified wildlife sanctuaries, untouched by any beings with a mind to use and exploit it.

But a creature finding its niche is kind of key to survival, and we found one that lead us to an advancing intelligence, so we're already poof it can happen. Probably rare, and like being the one species to win the intergalactic lotto once every billion years, but not impossible.

Despite seeing my own pair of UFOs or whatever they heck they were as a kid that I still can't explain over 30 years later I'm still too much of a skeptic to just outright believe they actually come here or that they abduct people... but there's a lot of weird things that need explaining.

But...on the other hand, if an alien species is advanced beyond us and capable of stopping by to check out the view, I suppose it's very possible that visiting Earth could be much like visiting a zoo, full of so many landscapes and creatures, including us humans who may be a curious oddity of a clearly advancing but still partly primitive species. Maybe WE are at an in-between period right now. No longer just primitive beasts, but also still not quite there yet at reaching our real potential. If that's rare to happen in the universe, maybe we're a rare sight and interesting to observe, providing insight into how intelligent beings tend to evolve.

IF coming here, they need to stop keeping it such a mystery in that case and just become fully known to us already. But as violent as humans are we probably aren't to be trusted. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Saw a UFO years ago as a kid, while on a weekend camping trip with my mom and one of our family friends and her daughter. We all saw it, around 3am, and apparently, so did a guy night-fishing in a small aluminum boat. And whatever it was- it looked like a ball of yellowish light about maybe 15 ft across, flashing in and out, fading slowly, disappearing and then reappearing in different locations, and zipping at impossible speeds around the the lake, all seemingly randomly- audibly zapped the power from his spotlight! He took off like a bat out of h***, and it shot straight up and disappeared! The boat was close enough to shore for us to clearly see and hear the boat and its occupant moving around in it, and the fact that when he pulled up to the object, there was nothing under it, and it did not light up the surrounding area.
That is wild. And that poor guy in that boat. lol

I guess the one good thing of being our age is that no one can just dismiss stories like this as some tricked out drone like they could now.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #52
IMJ
Emperor

I absolutely believe alien life exists in the universe.

However, anyone who believes that an alien species, who is capable of inter-galactic travel, as well as landing here without being detected would go to all that trouble, make the journey and come here to slaughter cows or to walk around naked before looking into a farmhouse window before running away is out of their minds.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #53
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Teenage Mutilating Naked Aliens

Would explain a lot? lol
Old 07-12-2020, 11:09 AM   #54
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Teenage Mutilating Naked Aliens

Would explain a lot? lol
LOL.

I think popular notions of aliens, ala Area 51/gov. conspiracies and sci-fi fiction is just that... Fiction!

I don't think aliens possess interstellar travel via flying saucers and I don't think they are of the tall "gray man" variety with big dark eyes and arrow-head shaped skulls either.

Alien life is probably far more basic and simple...like some kind of tribal species. If they are advanced perhaps they're technology is so far ahead of our own that they do know about us, think we're absolutely mad and choose to stay away.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #55
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What if the so-called gray aliens weren't aliens at all. What if they were humans of the the far future, having discovered time and/or interdimensional travel and by then having messed with DNA so bad that they've become what they are and they're coming back to figure out how to fix/restore it in their own future population.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #56
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
What if the so-called gray aliens weren't aliens at all. What if they were humans of the the far future, having discovered time and/or interdimensional travel and by then having messed with DNA so bad that they've become what they are and they're coming back to figure out how to fix/restore it in their own future population.
LoL... I think you are adorable with your vivid imagination. Ever thought of becoming a writer? Or are you one already? I'd love to read your work... But sadly, WE have to approach these kinds of conversations looking through the lens of science.

Google alien bacteria and you'll find that in the last 5 years we have discovered ALIEN LIFE.

This article is probably one of the most informative. It's conclusive but not the final word that aliens are out there.

https://stratostar.com/alien-bacteria-discovered-above/
Old 07-12-2020, 12:03 PM   #57
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Alien life IS out there; as to why we haven't "found" it yet, well, look at it this way, if you were studying the lifeforms of another world, and that planet's highest form of sentient life was prone to putting even their own kind in cages, killing those different from themselves, and dissecting anything they come across, would YOU want to announce your presence? They are smart enough to either find some way to blend in, or remain unseen. Maybe that joke about Dennis Rodman at the end of MIB is more true than we know....

Old 07-12-2020, 12:08 PM   #58
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Alien life IS out there; as to why we haven't "found" it yet, well, look at it this way, if you were studying the lifeforms of another world, and that planet's highest form of sentient life was prone to putting even their own kind in cages, killing those different from themselves, and dissecting anything they come across, would YOU want to announce your presence? They are smart enough to either find some way to blend in, or remain unseen. Maybe that joke about Dennis Rodman at the end of MIB is more true than we know....
You crack me up, Ms. Duckie. LoL... I used to love those movies when I was a kid. But yeah, you're right. Human beings have a lot of potential to behave better and treat each other, especially the downtrodden, better than we do.

If I was an alien and I saw a giant mudball full of you guys, I'd be too scared to come within 50 light years of you.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:16 PM   #59
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why I've (jokingly) assumed that for all the radio signals we send out we haven't heard anything back because us humans are "those people" who the other intelligent life want nothing to do with. lol Can't blame them.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #60
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well you might be more right than you realize. Having listened to the "voice" our planet makes when radio waves are converted to sound, our planet is positively noisy and horrifying sounding! We are those noisy, obnoxious neighbors everyone else avoids.....

https://youtu.be/7Og_HjkCvro

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 07-28-2020 at 10:50 PM.