The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 04:38 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Men In Black International (2019)

Steven Spielberg will executive produce what is being described as a world-building "spin-off" in the mold of Jurassic World, with Matt Holloway & Art Marcum (Iron Man I, Transformers: The Last Knight) writing the script. Film is scheduled for May 17th 2019.

Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are "not expected" to reprise their roles.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/men-in-b...um-1202179483/

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 12-05-2018 at 12:26 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:24 AM   #2
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Personally I would prefer to see a Men in Black 4 with the original main characters.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:10 PM   #3
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Saw this yesterday. Love the MIB series. I’m glad it will acknowledge the first 3.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:34 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Who wants to take bets it'll be Women in Black?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:09 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Who wants to take bets it'll be Women in Black?
Well lets see

number 1 Its Sony

Number 2 its the trend of 2017 take a main property with guys and make them girls

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 09-30-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #6
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I know Krutch meant it as a joke but there has already been major female characters in MIB. So if there’s another it’s nothing new here.

I will say I’m seeing some of the usual stupid comments like they should leave the series alone if it doesn’t include Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

It’s ridiculous because people seem to arbitrarily choose when it’s ok for a series to continue without the original characters.

MIB (similar to ghostbusters, not to open a can of worms but obviously it’s what came to our mind already) is a business/organization/department that deals with aliens. Surely there’s room to expand. Especially not being a reboot.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:05 AM   #7
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I still wanna see the crossover with Jump Street, damn it.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:08 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I still wanna see the crossover with Jump Street, damn it.
That was the only interesting idea. Men in Black 1 wasn't funny or even inherently good, highly overrated movie (though the concept is great)... and 2 was even worse. 3 was surprisingly good, but too little too late.

Probably the MiB people weren't willing to do any sort of hybrid MiB/Jump Street movie in hard R. And there'd really be no point in involving Jump Street without that. I really hope we get some kind of Jump Street 3, though, in spite of that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:17 AM   #9
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I will say I’m seeing some of the usual stupid comments like they should leave the series alone if it doesn’t include Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.
Generally, I agree with the sentiment that comments like that are dumb and series can move forward with other characters or actors. But I do think MiB is a different case. I always thought the draw was Will Smith playing off Tommy Lee Jones. The MiB world is sort of interesting, but not necessarily enough to be the hook, in my opinion.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Quote:
Men in Black 1 wasn't funny or even inherently good, highly overrated movie (though the concept is great)... and 2 was even worse. 3 was surprisingly good, but too little too late.
I still like the first film, but I remember the second just being alright and never seeing the third. Do people over-rate 1? It always seemed like a case where everyone thinks it's a good movie, but were never rabid about how it was amazing or anything.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Do people over-rate 1? It always seemed like a case where everyone thinks it's a good movie, but were never rabid about how it was amazing or anything.
People overrate 1 all the time. They look back at it like it's this genre-redefining comic masterpiece. I didn't get one chuckle out of the whole movie and I was "prime age" for this when it came out. The ending went out with a fizzle, too. It's just a series of misses, strange choices, and big special effects.

I think it's a little bit like "Bad Boys," where it's very white guys trying to write a lot of "funny black man" dialogue and jokes and all of it falling flat. In a different movie that doesn't matter so much, but here, very much the "heart" and crux of these movies is how funny and endearing we find Will Smith to be.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #11
sdp
-

I liked the first movie, but I was a kid, by the time the second one came out, I liked the cartoon as well. MIIB I didn't like that much but by the time it came out I was in my early teens so I cared for other stuff but I remember how heavily it was marketed. By the time MIIIB came out it had been long enough that I wanted to re-watch the other films and this one to see how they held up. Still haven't done it. Funny how both the sequel and animated show retconned the girl being Smith's new partner.

What is 21 Jump Street? The films any good? Does it make sense to have a crossover?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

I haven't watched MIB in years. All I remember from the first movie is the neuralyzer device.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:14 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Funny how both the sequel and animated show retconned the girl being Smith's new partner.
That is funny. I'd forgotten about that.

Quote:
What is 21 Jump Street? The films any good? Does it make sense to have a crossover?
They are hysterical to me, with a surprising amount of heart. Very well written. No, it doesn't make sense to have a crossover, but the ending/end credits montage of Jump Street 2 would have it make some semblance of sense.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #14
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I really, really love this song from MIB 3

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:48 AM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I know Krutch meant it as a joke but there has already been major female characters in MIB. So if there’s another it’s nothing new here.

It’s ridiculous because people seem to arbitrarily choose when it’s ok for a series to continue without the original characters.

MIB (similar to ghostbusters, not to open a can of worms but obviously it’s what came to our mind already) is a business/organization/department that deals with aliens. Surely there’s room to expand. Especially not being a reboot.
But Ghostbusters isn't an organization. It's 4 guys. Unlike the IDW comics, the movies never went into them expanding past that. It's just 4 guys trying to make ends meet that team up whenever the world is going to hell.

MiB was established to be a huge organization with J and K being only 2 members among many. Having a few girls in there as long as you acknowledge the 3 movies and reference the characters (wasn't K considered a legend) then go for it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #16
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I was always a little miffed they never brought Linda Fiorentino back after the first film.

I don't mind one way or the other if they make more movies, but it would be very nice to see a full release of the animated series on DVD like they did with The Real Ghostbusters when the Feig version was released.

The first movie's slightly overrated, but not by much. I'd say it's the Ghostbusters of the '90s. And the third one is surprisingly good as well. The second one has some good slapstick and Lara Flynn Boyle in her prime...but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #18
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The movie goes by MIBI: Men In Black International

http://collider.com/men-in-black-reboot-title/#images
We still talkin' bout Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson? Or is this some other spinoff?
Old 12-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
We still talkin' bout Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson? Or is this some other spinoff?
If you'd bother to check the link, you'll know it's the same film
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #20
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
If you'd bother to check the link, you'll know it's the same film
Why bother myself when I can bother you?

Tags
imakethislookgood, nowilliestyle, sjws in black, what the cuck