The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #1341
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Our whole lives have been preparing us for THIS!
If it gets bad enough, I'll just bust open those sealed boxes of TMNT I've had since 1991.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #1342
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Bebop and Rocksteady, as well as both packs of Turtles, are available again on Zavvi.

A single set comes out to about $76 shipped for US buyers. Says B&R will be available August 31st.
Thanks for the heads up on this! I pre-ordered BB&RS last week, and despite the August release date they already came today!! The figures' box had a slight ding but I'm displaying the figures so no biggie, probably not too different from what you might find in Target for quality. Used code HERO88 for free shipping (though it only took $5 off). If anyone else is thinking about Zavvi maybe the promo is still active. Total was about $68 with tax for me. Seems like the best deal out there aside from getting lucky w/Target.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #1343
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this! I pre-ordered BB&RS last week, and despite the August release date they already came today!! The figures' box had a slight ding but I'm displaying the figures so no biggie, probably not too different from what you might find in Target for quality. Used code HERO88 for free shipping (though it only took $5 off). If anyone else is thinking about Zavvi maybe the promo is still active. Total was about $68 with tax for me. Seems like the best deal out there aside from getting lucky w/Target.
When you preordered, did they charge your card then or when it shipped?
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #1344
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Ended up caving and bought a set off ebay. I paid $80 shipped, and figured I had $20 sitting on paypal for a while that I forgot about so I basically just paid a $10 upcharge. I got them yesterday and love them and now I am done searching and don't have to deal with that sh*t.

Does Zaavi charge up front for preorders? If not I think I am going to just preorder the next wave. That way if I find a set stores when I am out shopping before the preorder ships I can cancel it and if not I can rest easy knowing I WILL have a set coming eventually.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #1345
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

As much as I want Bebop and Rocksteady I am holding out. I also want Slash and Leatherhead more that Bebop and Rocksteady. Do you all think that Slash and Leatherhead will be just as hard to obtain? The characters do have popularity among hardcore and casual fans.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #1346
Tfs94gt
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
As much as I want Bebop and Rocksteady I am holding out. I also want Slash and Leatherhead more that Bebop and Rocksteady. Do you all think that Slash and Leatherhead will be just as hard to obtain? The characters do have popularity among hardcore and casual fans.
If their distribution and stock levels don’t change, then Id say absolutely. I’m waiting on cartoon Slash more than any of the others myself.
Tfs94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #1347
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicexct View Post
When you preordered, did they charge your card then or when it shipped?
They charged me for Bebop & Rocksteady when I ordered (but it seemed to be in stock despite being listed as a preorder). However, I also preordered Slash & Leatherhead to save a little on combined shipping and did not get charged for that pre-order yet, so I'm assuming it well debit when shipped, not positive though.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:47 AM   #1348
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
Ended up caving and bought a set off ebay.
I did the same for Bebop and Rocksteady. I got so sick of refreshing Target's page, and with all this virus craziness I wasn't about to start running around to stores checking for restocks.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM   #1349
qt.bangerang
Foot Soldier

Got lucky yesterday and scored B&R at target thanks to my wife's constant calling and asking them to check and to hold one in electronics when they come in. Box was a little beat up but at this point I didnt mind as I will be displaying them unboxed.

Preorder S&L on Zavvi as they are must have for me and dont want the months of hunting...I will take my chances with April and Casey as I dont need any more foot soldiers.

Good luck to those still on the hunt!
qt.bangerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:12 PM   #1350
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I think part of why B&R were so popular (outside of being iconic/core characters, and amazing looking figures) was that they were the only new molds for the TMNT Toon line in a long time. So, all the SDCC (and toon color) folks still needed the B&R set. It brought collectors out of the woodworks that hadn’t collected anything from NECA’s tmnt toon line in years.

The Slash/Leatherhead wave also has the Casey/foot and April/foot 2-packs, so lots of new molds all around. And none of the characters from this wave are as iconic as B&R. From my perspective, Splinter is the only character left who hasn’t been released that is more iconic than B&R. So maybe these will be easier to find going forward. But who knows?
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #1351
Tfs94gt
Random Punk

Finally got around to putting my creedog helmet on Rocksteady. Very pleased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3861.jpg (89.7 KB, 66 views)
Tfs94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #1352
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Has anyone ever used Afterpay on Zavvi?
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #1353
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfs94gt View Post
Finally got around to putting my creedog helmet on Rocksteady. Very pleased.
Great picture! I’m so glad you like it.
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:35 PM   #1354
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Just thought it was worth mentioning, the Target in Owensboro KY had a couple of Bebop and Rocksteady sets, if anyone is in the area.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #1355
TobeyP
Random Punk

Got my first 2 pack today. It's Leo Vs. Shredder and I love them and definitely want to get them all now.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:33 PM   #1356
DVD
Mad Scientist

I got the Bebop and Rocksteady set. Great looking figures of my favorite characters from the original show.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:26 PM   #1357
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
I got the Bebop and Rocksteady set. Great looking figures of my favorite characters from the original show.
That's nice. I only received my Foot Soldiers 2 pack. I was looking forward to Bebop and Rocksteady and the repainted turtles. I like the lighter shade of green.
But my local EB Games didn't get the full shipment before we closed because of the WH Coronavirus.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:00 AM   #1358
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

How easy does NECA’s Bebop‘s head come off? The one I have has a couple small issues paint related with the head and I’d like to swap it out for one that is perfect. Just wanted to know if anybody knew how easy the head comes off and would it permanently damage it?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #1359
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Anyone have any thoughts about my question above?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:52 PM   #1360
ToSte
Hench Mutant

As fragile as some NECA joints are I'd say very easily and likely permanently.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote