Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #61
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Prepare to be disappointed.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2cwqyya.jpg
Yes, Activision is publisher. Has very little to do with how the game'll turn out. Go read any of the other topics where this is explained, or for cryin' out loud do a bit of research. Blaming Activision for the game's quality is even worse than blaming Michael Bay for the movie's.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #62
Powder
So tired of this place

I can still blame a parent if their kid acts up. It's a matter of making sure what you put your name on doesn't suck.

& from what we know to be his influence, it's not unfair to take issue with Bay over certain aspects (like Megan Fox's inclusion) of the film you dislike. But that's another topic.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #63
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I think it comes from a string of mediocre Turtles games so far combined with Activision being the company that puts out Skylanders and Call of Duty which are huge neckbeard targets.

Are people still pining for Konami? If so, throw that in there.
Sting of mediocre games? Haven't there only been 2 released on their watch so far? One being squarely aimed at young kids and the other having (what I consider anyway) a good amount of content considering its price. I know they get a lot a flack for call of duty but I thought the main complaint with that series was about there being so little advancement between games which shouldn't be,a problem unless they've pulled an ea and cornered the market on military shooters.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #64
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Sting of mediocre games? Haven't there only been 2 released on their watch so far? One being squarely aimed at young kids and the other having (what I consider anyway) a good amount of content considering its price. I know they get a lot a flack for call of duty but I thought the main complaint with that series was about there being so little advancement between games which shouldn't be,a problem unless they've pulled an ea and cornered the market on military shooters.
Internet idiots complain about everything! Especially one's that desperately try to be anti-mainstream.

I kinda dislike the anger towards publishers that 'corner the market'. As if Activision and the developers should be ashamed that Call of Duty makes them assloads of money every year.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

There was also that time Bobby Kotick said that if it were up to him, games and peripherals would be even more expensive. He's such a blatant capitalist, and so very open about video games being a business, and how "making games is about making money, not about having fun," that it rubs people the wrong way. I think that has a lot to do with why some people rag on Activision so much.

I can't hate on that, though. I love when people just come out and admit stuff like that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #66
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Internet idiots complain about everything! Especially one's that desperately try to be anti-mainstream.

I kinda dislike the anger towards publishers that 'corner the market'. As if Activision and the developers should be ashamed that Call of Duty makes them assloads of money every year.
I think I might've worded it wrong. What I meant about conering the marKet is making themselves the only ones able to produce that type of game like ea did with football and maybe others sports game. I don't really know since I stopped paying attention to every other sports game except fight night. But yeah innovation comes from competition and pushing to do something better than the other guy. if you manage to make yourself the only game in town things can get stagnant but people have to put up with it because you're the only one produucing this thing they want. With military shooters I believe there are still other devolpers and publishers making those so its not like call of duty is the only option
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
There was also that time Bobby Kotick said that if it were up to him, games and peripherals would be even more expensive. He's such a blatant capitalist, and so very open about video games being a business, and how "making games is about making money, not about having fun," that it rubs people the wrong way. I think that has a lot to do with why some people rag on Activision so much.

I can't hate on that, though. I love when people just come out and admit stuff like that.
well damn that does that sound very sterotypical greedy cynical corporate d bag of him. If that's his veiwpoint all I can say is he better make sure the products he puts out are top of the line and worthy of the large amounts of money he wants people to pay for them.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #67
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

The problem with Activision is that they are greedy and admit it, like what Kotick said about games prices and the way they force their teams to release games in ridiculous time frames and how they made them cut corners ( they cut and paste stuff from COD 4 and put it in every COD game after that). Just look at what they did to the poor guys at Infinity Ward, after all the Money they brought in with their COD games they fired and sued them for stupid reasons.

Yeah, most game companies get hate for stupid things but Activision is the cancer of the industry, they are the ones that are on this for only one thing, for the Money, they couldn't care less for putting out quality products or for doing games for the gamers so they deserv al the hate they get.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

I'unno. Literally nothing in life matters as much as money does. It doesn't matter if you're making games, music, or paintings. Once you step out of the garage and charge money for what you're making, you're a prostitute. That being the case, why WOULDN'T someone try and milk it for all it's worth? Sounds pretty damn smart to me. Kotick didn't become CEO of a billion-dollar corporation to save endangered species or anything, he did it because that's what paid the most money in his field of interest.

People pay money to play games, and they pay more for the games they enjoy, and in turn, it only makes sense to exploit that relationship. I, personally, don't care about the Call Of Duty games and their ilk. But people love them, and play every single one that comes out, so how can the company making them ever be at fault for giving people what they so obviously want? Just because they're open about making a fortune off of it? Would it be better to lie? "Hey, man, we just do this to make kids smile, it's not about money at all!" THAT would offend me.

On the other hand, I'm incredibly fond of people who are honest to a fault, so I applaud guys like Kotick and Gene Simmons for their greedy douchebaggery. I cannot stand people who say "I only do this for the love" while cashing million-dollar checks. Entertainment is still a business. Good for 'em. If people actually cared about punishing them for their greed, they'd stop buying the products. That doesn't work, because they're good products, most of the time, and people enjoy paying for the right to experience them.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #69
Megatron
Thug

TMNT Movie Game on iOS!

new TMNT Movie game is out on iOS! $3.99

more info here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=237445

i just got it from the US store. just search for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it should show up in the results.
Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #70
Ninjinister
無問題

What the heck are those mutants...? A porcupine and a bird?

EDIT: It's also on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ovieGame&hl=en

Last edited by Ninjinister; 07-24-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:11 AM   #71
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

This is the game.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=237445
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ugh...a mobile game.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #73
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ugh...a mobile game.
Poor Tom, here I was hoping that he was at least writing for a small budget download game for PC or console.

But a mobile game? I don't know about you guys but I've never played a mobile game with a deep enough story to require an actual writer...
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #74
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

In-app purchases? Pass!
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #75
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
...crap...
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #76
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Its not a bad game from the footage I have seen.

Its got Cam Clarke doing the voice of Leo and Danny Woodburn as the voice of Splinter.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #77
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Its not a bad game from the footage I have seen.

Its got Cam Clarke doing the voice of Leo and Danny Woodburn as the voice of Splinter.
And I do really like seeing the artistic incarnations of the movie turtles in the cutscenes. Seeing Rocksteady and Bebop was a very cool surprise.

I don't intend to get the game, and I don't even have an iphone, but this might be fun youtube watching.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL @ horrible mobile game. What a waste of Tom Waltz and Cam Clarke's talents.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #79
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
And I do really like seeing the artistic incarnations of the movie turtles in the cutscenes. Seeing Rocksteady and Bebop was a very cool surprise.
Waitwhat...?
Old 07-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #80
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Waitwhat...?
But, of course!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bFZnlrd_2c#t=38m12s

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 movie, idw, tmnt, tom waltz, video games