The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2021, 07:58 PM   #121
DragonSoul
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
That may be true but from what I've watched, the show doesn't get any better for me. I know it was mainly aimed for a younger audience but it sort of speaks volumes when it doesn't catch on with it's intended audience. I just found it overall uninteresting.
I think that is a fair criticism too. I feel like the majority of story plots lack depth besides a few interesting ones. The lack of depth in story plots maybe due to their targeted demographic which is children. Hopefully, visionaries of the next reboot keep in mind the flaws of RotTMNT but also take note of what the show got right.
DragonSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:22 AM   #122
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

I finally saw this show last week, and have seen 2 episodes now.

I expected to HATE it, but I didn't end up being offended by it at all.

It is super fast paced though...manic.
I was watching casually as I ate dinner and had real hard time following what was going on!
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:19 PM   #123
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

I thought rise was a terrible show. It wasn't interesting in the slightest. I may recieve a lot of hate, but I am glad they cancelled that abomination.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #124
Theonlywessmith
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
I finally saw this show last week, and have seen 2 episodes now.

I expected to HATE it, but I didn't end up being offended by it at all.

It is super fast paced though...manic.
I was watching casually as I ate dinner and had real hard time following what was going on!
It takes some time to really build up the story. At the beginning most of the episodes are filler. Once they start the Shredder storyline the show gets surprisingly good. I wish it started out that way and not as many people would hate. The problem is it takes like 30 episodes to become good. The action on it is a work of art too with some impressive animation.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:23 PM   #125
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Paramount+ will revive the show for another season.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:29 AM   #126
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Source on that..?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:20 AM   #127
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Source on that..?
There isn't any, he's just speculating because streaming services need new content. We're getting that movie and that's it, it's seriously doubtful we're getting another season of this show. If we're getting new TMNT on Paramount+, it'll probably just be a total reboot unrelated to anything older.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:55 AM   #128
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I wonder if it's due to the toys not selling. I've seen successful shows get canned due to toys not selling, and even though this show is still airing it's final episodes, I don't even see the toys anymore.
I don't get why they keep gambling with this kind of economical moves.
The turtles community changed, ALOT, but they keep doing things for kids, un-interested ones.

I still hope that Nick and Viacom give up the deed of the TMNT to a
wiser company.
I know that "kids" make you sell more stuff, because they have more free time, they are
willing to waste hundreds of dollars on playmates, but now is like trying to sell a plastic hammer to an ironmongery.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:21 AM   #129
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't doubt Paramount+ will stream an exclusive TMNT series, but I doubt it'll be for Rise

Given the reactions towards the animated intro for Shredder's Revenge, don't be too shocked if the Paramount+ series ends up being a revival of the 80s cartoon down the line.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:08 PM   #130
sdp
Megan Fox = April

TMNT The Next Chapter aka the 87 continuation exclusive to Paramount+.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:46 PM   #131
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I don't doubt Paramount+ will stream an exclusive TMNT series, but I doubt it'll be for Rise

Given the reactions towards the animated intro for Shredder's Revenge, don't be too shocked if the Paramount+ series ends up being a revival of the 80s cartoon down the line.
It wouldn't suprise me but it would be sod's law that Paramount would pay attention to the positive reaction to the intro to Shredder's revenge and not the positive reaction Batman v TMNT (either comic or movie) or the positive reaction to The Last Ronin.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #132
Leo656
The Franchise

Confirmation bias. They want to believe in their whole "FW is what people want, that's the only thing that sells" narrative. They'll dismiss anything that goes against that as a "fluke" or an outlier. The reaction to the video game, though... "See? This is what we've been saying all along, THIS is what sells! Nothing else! Just this!"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:39 PM   #133
neatoman
Emperor

Plus the fact that we have no idea if the game actually will sell. Plenty of games get hyped up before release but nobody seems to care once it's actually out. It's also possible that it turns out to be a terrible game in general.

Another thing is that the game is still in development and thus subject to change, so we also don't know how close the final product will be to the Fred Wolf cartoon, what we've seen so far are just snippets. The old Konami games may generally have stuck close to the Fred Wolf cartoon, but they sure as hell weren't against using Karai, Tokka, Rahzar, Tatsu, Super Shredder, Hothead, Armaggon, War or the Archie design for Slash. Quite often they even just made up new characters

We honestly don't know, granted it still seems likely it will stick to the Fred Wolf thing and sell decently, we just don't know for sure. For all we actually know however, this game could have Baron Draxum show up out of nowhere to team up with Eric Sacks and the Garbageman.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #134
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Plus the fact that we have no idea if the game actually will sell. P.
It's definitely going to sell well for what it is, likely an inexpensive indie type game. If it's priced at $19.99 which most expect it to, it'll sell like hotcakes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:02 AM   #135
Warhorse
Emperor

Okay, reason I am here is because I follow some TMNT stuff on other social media like Facebook, and it seems like whoever is running the official pages on FB, Twitter, etc, seem to be really shoving Rise down our throats. Seems like somebody with power wants the series to come back and is trying to get people on board, and it's just not clicking. The show itself seems like the CEO's at the top are having a power struggle and Rise was the result of this power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's also kinda sad that black April will always be remembered for this incarnation alone, I'm pretty sure April will be white again in the next cartoon. They'll probably always associate black April with "Rise" and assume it didn't work.

Back to the basics.
This leads me to my theory that there is a power struggle at the top. Seems one side wants to dab into the virtual signaling going on at the moment (nothing wrong with that) but the other side decides to make sure that the incarnation is as obnoxious as possible that way they can turn around and be like "see, Black April will never sell", even though more than likely if she was portrayed more like the girl in Jurassic Park 2 or Storm, she would have been more accepted. Just saying, Nick Fury in Avengers was originally White, but nobody cared when Samuel L Jackson played him because he was just a good character. Now if he acted like Chris Tucker did in the Fifth Element, it might not have gone over so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Why would they try and create content for a demographic that simply doesn't care about the property? That's my question.

Can't wait for the hot new Dick Tracy reboot aimed at 5-year olds. Kids love 1930s-era gangster shenanigans starring a guy in a canary-colored fedora who's so square Ronald Reagan would tell him to lighten the f*ck up. That'd play huge with the Paw Patrol set, I'm tellin' ya. Sure, traditionally the mean average age of your typical hardcore Dick Tracy fan is about friggin' 60, but hey... why not roll the dice, right?

I really feel like it's ignorant for any brand to ignore and/or alienate its existing base in their attempts to reach or create a new one. Why push people away who WANT to give you their money? They already care! It makes no sense.
Been asking myself the same question. I was about 10 myself when I got into TMNT, and it did seem like the shows aimed towards the teens (10-13) seem to have the biggest impact in entertainment. Too bad the CEO's are just so blinded by their insistence with this property to aim at 5 year olds when everything popular like Harry Potter, LOTR, MCU and DCU are aimed at the teenage crowd. Even the original TMNT comics was aimed at the teenage crowd. Time to let the show evolve, naturally.

Quote:
Viacom would honestly and truly prefer it if anyone over the age of 10 just stopped paying attention to TMNT forever. They've come dangerously close to saying so out loud multiple times.

The fact that there even ARE older fans ruins their entire narrative of TMNT being a "children's property". As does the fact that when presented with TMNT in any incarnation, most kids nowadays just ignore it altogether OR give up on it very fast.

Our existence is an "inconvenient truth" that upsets what their preconceived notions were as to what TMNT "should" be when they bought it. Nick has never had to try and please anyone older than age 10-12 with any of their shows/products, so they have no idea how to do it and would honestly rather not have to even try.

They'll realize this strategic error one day, but it might be way too late by then.
Sadly, you are probably right. We had the first live action movie and parts of 2k3 that looked like it was going in the right direction, but these CEO's always cave into the Karens and soccer moms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Couldnt agree more. We are going back to the 1970s era where animated cartoons on TV were seen as being for 4-7 year olds. The Batman: Animated Series revolution that suddenly made cartoons aimed at ALL AGES in thee 90's has disappeared. THANKFULLY, with Laird in charge, WE GOT a TMNT show that older TMNT fans can appreciate. But... in this climate and perhaps in the near future, 2012 and Rise is going to be as good as it gets.
Yep. You would think they see the popularity of Harry Potter, MCU and DCU, even the Transormers movies and realize they are going about this all wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Supposedly the Rise float will be back for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Sure there's the Netflix thing coming, but you can't even find this show on tv, or the app now I guess, so why even have a float for a canceled show in a parade.
Somebody behind the scenes is trying to keep this show going. Been seeing it on FB, where the official TMNT page is literally forcing this show down our throats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Let's be honest, Netflix isn't going to save this show. And hoping for it's success won't guarantee a Netflix TMNT series. The toy sales also did poorly which was another factor for why the show discontinued. Nick will just move on to the next series whenever that may be.
I can only hope, but in this climate, it seems like the powers that be want to cater to the small demographics, not the big ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
as far as I know, rise hasn't been officially cancelled.
How many times are you going to ask this question? Do you work on the show or something? You sound desperate and just can't handle the fact that the show was a miss, not a hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
There isn't any, he's just speculating because streaming services need new content. We're getting that movie and that's it, it's seriously doubtful we're getting another season of this show. If we're getting new TMNT on Paramount+, it'll probably just be a total reboot unrelated to anything older.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ray View Post
I don't get why they keep gambling with this kind of economical moves.
The turtles community changed, ALOT, but they keep doing things for kids, un-interested ones.

I still hope that Nick and Viacom give up the deed of the TMNT to a
wiser company.
I know that "kids" make you sell more stuff, because they have more free time, they are
willing to waste hundreds of dollars on playmates, but now is like trying to sell a plastic hammer to an ironmongery.
Good question. The writing is on the wall where the money is with a series like this. It's in the teens and young adult. Sadly, you have CEO's that have mush for brains and refuse to open their minds.

Quote:
Confirmation bias. They want to believe in their whole "FW is what people want, that's the only thing that sells" narrative. They'll dismiss anything that goes against that as a "fluke" or an outlier. The reaction to the video game, though... "See? This is what we've been saying all along, THIS is what sells! Nothing else! Just this!"
Yep.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:26 PM   #136
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Seems like somebody with power wants the series to come back and is trying to get people on board, and it's just not clicking.
Gee, it's almost like a big company is trying to promote their product, a product which has a movie coming out in a few months. How about that!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #137
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Somebody behind the scenes is trying to keep this show going. Been seeing it on FB, where the official TMNT page is literally forcing this show down our throats.
That's strange. I could kind of understand if they were specifically trying to promote the Netflix movie, as mentioned by Powder, but to go clinging in general to an iteration that bombed? Esp when they already had a previous series that was quite successful and with that under their belt could theoretically create another show later that hits its targets right. Why choose this particular hill to die on, Nick. Is someone still trying to make back what they invested into it?

Surely it's close enough to release date that they could throw together a trailer and focus on promoting the movie itself, not just obnoxiously pushing an otherwise dead series. And did they ever even put the rest of the series on DVD/Blu-ray for the fans that want it? That would at least have given them a valid excuse for a bit. But if it's not successful enough to at least give its fans those disc sets, come on... time to move on.

Hopefully, once that CGI theater movie has something to show for it they'll have some new material. In the meantime I guess I'm not missing anything by not following those sources.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:36 PM   #138
Powder
So tired of this place

Season 1 was just put on Paramount+

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:48 AM   #139
Leo656
The Franchise

The TMNT Facebook Page is a dumpster fire even by FB standards.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #140
dcat
Foot Soldier

As an old school TMNT fan I have to say I really loved Rise. The comedy, the personality, the style; Its all there! Saved all the episodes to my DVR which is lucky since Nickelodeon doesn't seem to air them anymore.
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote