The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-18-2021, 04:04 PM   #201
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Decades ago everyone on this forum would've been considered affected with some mental disorder.
As they would now. Fittingly.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:20 PM   #202
Leo656
The Franchise

My diagnosis was low-level Bipolar Disorder with a touch of occasional clinical depression. SO HUH.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:24 PM   #203
Coola Yagami
Overlord

eh I honestly feel a lot of the ADHD and autism and whatever else is just more ways to fit people into neat little boxes and we just don't work that way.

I'm probably on the spectrum too, who knows. I know I have trouble concentrating on stuff I just really don't give a crap about, even if it's something important. I'm sure I have manchild syndrome of some sort too. But again, we don't all fit into boxes. I can be an overgrown kid one moment, but people come to me for grown-up advice and for me to be the voice of reason they next.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:40 PM   #204
Prowler
Emperor

Anyway,

You thought it was bad that Screenwave changed the AVGN videos thumbnails? Well, I think now hearing James saying "You Know What's BS" Instead of "You Know what's bullsh*t" is bullsh*t. And now that series of videos is called YKWBS.

Apparently, Youtube's algorithm isn't fond of curse words in the titles of videos and neither of cursing in the first 30 seconds of a video...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:10 AM   #205
Reinako666
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Anyway,

You thought it was bad that Screenwave changed the AVGN videos thumbnails? Well, I think now hearing James saying "You Know What's BS" Instead of "You Know what's bullsh*t" is bullsh*t. And now that series of videos is called YKWBS.

Apparently, Youtube's algorithm isn't fond of curse words in the titles of videos and neither of cursing in the first 30 seconds of a video...
Ah YouTube Algorithm, ruining YouTube since 2016/2017.
Reinako666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:20 AM   #206
frank_one
Mad Scientist

There's nothing wrong about google/youtube not putting curse words in the top results. I... guess?

Last edited by frank_one; 02-21-2021 at 11:55 AM.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #207
Prowler
Emperor

James band, Rex Viper, released a new song recently. After the Ken theme from Street Fighter remix now we have a Back to the Future theme and NES Ost remix song. Pretty cool song!
Old 05-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #208
Prowler
Emperor

The latex AVGN episode was a review of the 3DO. Solid episode. Reminded me of 2007-2009 era episodes like Sega CD and Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.

Also, holy ****, the Sega CD episode came out FOURTEEN years ago already?! And 14 years later, we're getting a Corpse Killer review? I definitely did not expect that. I didn't even know it had a 3DO version. I hope it's a good one. AVGN did say back in the day he had a lot to say about that game.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:15 AM   #209
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I loved this episode, it felt like a classic Nerd ep. I kinda like how his episodes can range from being 'classic' to over-the-top. It keeps it fresh and for those that complain for the over-the-topness, you can wait for the next episode or two that goes back to basics.

Y'see, now that's something Nostalgia Critic should do. Keep those drawn-out skits if he wants, which he obviously does despite everybody hating them, but once in a while do a 'classic' style episode where it's just him reviewing the movie without all the guest stars, without the drawn out skits and without the 'in-show' storylines. Just review the ****ing movie.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-16-2021, 11:40 AM   #210
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

James is an okay guy,that kinda wore out his gimmick over the years. Everyone around him on the other hand...
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #211
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
James is an okay guy,that kinda wore out his gimmick over the years. Everyone around him on the other hand...
IDK, other than over-exaggerated scat references, his schtick will never get old because he does play the kinda games that you yourself will be yelling out '****!' and '****!!!!' while playing.

Y'know, maybe that's why the Nerd is still relevant over the Critic. OK, people do complain about bad movies, and they have their little rants or they write articles or bitch on message boards, but they don't actually... yell, scream and swear at the actual movie theater (well.... maybe Leo666 does....). With ****** games on the other hand... people do scream, swear, throw the controller around, kick **** around and whatnot. It's more relatable.

I mean I've seen videos of kids legit throwing their console on the ground in anger and smashing it over a game.... only to realize that now they can't play ANY game... I swear it's that slight moment of realization that gets me every time.

Old 05-16-2021, 06:44 PM   #212
Leo656
The Franchise

Dude, ONE time I did that and it was "The Last Jedi". If Jesus can let that one slide then I think I'm forgiven, a'ight?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:56 PM   #213
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Dude, ONE time I did that and it was "The Last Jedi". If Jesus can let that one slide then I think I'm forgiven, a'ight?
You are forgiven by the power of Teela's thicc phat phallus.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:31 PM   #214
Prowler
Emperor

And the Corpse Killer episode is here. 14 years later, we finally get to see the game.

"Because we are... THE NEW ORDEEEEEEEEEEEEEER"
Old 05-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #215
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And the Corpse Killer episode is here. 14 years later, we finally get to see the game.

"Because we are... THE NEW ORDEEEEEEEEEEEEEER"
I remember playing the Sega CD version.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #216
Prowler
Emperor

Sega Game Gear VHS tapes was a fun episode. Always interesting to discover the existence of such things from James.

Carmaggedon was alright, I guess.

Apparently James has been working in Monster Madness again. I know it's one of his most popular side content, but since I'm not as big of a movie fan as James is, I never had much of an interest in those. That being said, it's good to see James working on something so many people loved again.

The latest Rex Viper song didn't do anything for me. The other two were pretty good covers, but this one meh.

James announced a few hours ago that a Cinemassacre podcast is coming in August. I'm not a fan of podcasts in general, but they're very popular nowadays, so it seems like a good idea.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:10 AM   #217
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's a sense of irony that his videos started around 2004, and back THEN we basically saw NES games as "retro" at the time, when in reality they were only about 15 years old at the time.

Now we're in 2021, and 15 years ago PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games were the current gen, and now *those* games are retro. It really is weird knowing entire generation of kids grew up after the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox gen even. We've even gotten to the point where the Wii/PS3/360 gen is retro.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #218
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's a sense of irony that his videos started around 2004, and back THEN we basically saw NES games as "retro" at the time, when in reality they were only about 15 years old at the time.

Now we're in 2021, and 15 years ago PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games were the current gen, and now *those* games are retro. It really is weird knowing entire generation of kids grew up after the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox gen even. We've even gotten to the point where the Wii/PS3/360 gen is retro.
I hadn't really thought about this before. yeesh.

God, what do teens/early 20's kids today think about Atari and the 2600? That's got to be beyond "retro" to their perspective - more like antique.

A whole generation where the PS2 was their current generation of gaming. Yikes.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #219
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
God, what do teens/early 20's kids today think about Atari and the 2600? That's got to be beyond "retro" to their perspective - more like antique.
Same feelings I have towards stuff like Magnavox Odyssey and the like: some ancient mysterious stuff from the age far far away.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #220
sdp
-

The atari felt like some ancient artifact to me and I grew up in the 90s. Nowadays because of youtube they see retro as cool and they join retro communities and ask retarded questions that anyone who grew up in that era and they get outted for being zoomers but they don't care since it's cool to like retro games. That's why prices are insane instead of getting 10 games for 99 cents.

It's not PS2, there are adults today whose first console was the Xbox 360 and PS3. You already see a bunch of Wii/360 nostalgia starting to be posted on forums. Which makes sense those are really old systems, I thin the 360 came out my last year of HS.

Let's not forget that the PS3/Wii/360 era lasted almost 10 years, in the 90s we would get a new console every 3 years so you associate an era with two consoles or so like NES/SNES in elementary, N64 in Elementary and Jr High, Gamecube and Wii in HS etc. A whole generation grew up with only one console for most of their years.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sumac vs leo656