The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #10521
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I should look into buying the NES Tiny Toon games. I'm only familiar with the SNES games. In fact, I just bought Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge from a store out in the boonies along with Bugs Bunny's Rabbit Rampage, last week. Surprise to see them go for $15 each as I expected all game stores to raise the prices due to the current climate. But I ain't complaining.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:16 AM   #10522
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble In Wackyland came in the mail. Never played this one, it was one of those games that no rental places by me ever had.
SNES? If so I vaguely remember playing this. Have you played that Rocko Modern Life Spunky's Dangerous Day? I had it forever and still have never beat it. Think the third or fourth level I never could pass. Hell if you want I'll send it to you.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #10523
Leo656
The Franchise

Nah "Trouble in Wackyland" was the second NES game, the SNES one was "Buster Busts Loose", which was also pretty good.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:06 PM   #10524
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yes I remember playing Buster Busts Loose and managed to snag a copy from Gamestop years ago. Never beat the game on Hard mode though, mainly cause of the jump roping section on Stage 2 moving a lot faster.

Anyone play any of the Animaniacs video games?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:38 PM   #10525
Icebot
Foot Elite

I’m playing the Switch version of Super Mario 3D World which was released today and the other game that comes with it Bowser’s Fury.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:02 PM   #10526
Prowler
Emperor

Mostly New Horizons and Mario Maker 2. I got Animal Crossing in September and have spent a lot of time in it so far.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:22 PM   #10527
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Finally got that PS5! Mad excited.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:39 AM   #10528
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nah "Trouble in Wackyland" was the second NES game, the SNES one was "Buster Busts Loose", which was also pretty good.
Get an RG-350 man. All digital, like 10 systems and thousands of ROMS on one SD-Card. No more carts or buying the games. You know this MOTUO pit I've climbed into? The RG-350 saved me from the video game version of that...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:59 AM   #10529
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Get an RG-350 man. All digital, like 10 systems and thousands of ROMS on one SD-Card. No more carts or buying the games. You know this MOTUO pit I've climbed into? The RG-350 saved me from the video game version of that...
Or just actual emulation. You can largely buy controller lookalikes to your favorite console. I've been saying this for 20 years but largely it falls on deaf ears.

Like, since the dawn of the 2000s, or maybe not even that. I was playing ROMs and translated stuff on NESticle and zSNES and all the like. They've only gotten better and better over the years. I don't think I've ever played an emulated game I've ever not actually bought or been gifted as a small child at some point.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:03 AM   #10530
Leo656
The Franchise

Nope! Thanks.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #10531
AquaParade
Banned

I'm playing the "Special Edition" of Devil May Cry 5. The "Legendary Dark Knight" difficulty is pretty neat, in that it takes advantage of the new hardware by absolutely filling the screen with enemies. So it's sort of like a "Dynasty Warriors" but with awesome combat. Once you get the teleport and dodge mechanics down, there aren't many games that can touch the thrill this one gives you.

You find yourself clashing blades and dashing all around the room like no one's business, at a speed that your eyes can barely keep up with. Parries, dodges, counter attacks, multiple fighters using teleportation in an attempts to get just a second ahead of each other. Then there are all the transformations and power ups to manage, as well as quick switching between a variety of weapons. It's not a perfect comparison, but the best way I can explain it to say it feels like you are truly controlling the type of fight you'd watch on Dragon Ball Z as a child, which is pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

Last edited by AquaParade; 02-15-2021 at 09:27 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:33 PM   #10532
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Miles Morales is hella good. I like it even more than the original Spider-Man because it's shorter so it has less filler and is less bloated. Also the combat is more fun because he has more options with his venom and camouflage.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:07 AM   #10533
Reinako666
Thug

I recently got Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time on PS4 and I crashed the game as soon as I finished the Evacuation part at the beginning.

Console wise however, I got a Wii U recently and I love it.
Reinako666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:38 PM   #10534
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I started playing Zombie army 4 6 days ago and i kill all zombies very brutally!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGuvvE8KSho

A very good and violent game perfect for me THE SHREDDER.
Also today we had the annoucment of another zombie game for pc Days gone which is also sony next game that is coming to pc after horizon zero dawn!
Old 03-03-2021, 05:35 PM   #10535
Leo656
The Franchise

After spending most of last year into this one playing "smaller" games, I was feeling the need to play something "epic" again. Since I've got unlimited free time right now, I decided to dig into one of the long-overlooked ones that's been sitting on my shelf for a long time. I settled on The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360).

I've been wanting to play this one (and Skyrim) for a long time, but I held back because I had a mixed experience a few years ago playing Morrowind: I loved the game itself, the gameplay and the lore and all that, but it was "too" big in a sense and the completely broken Quest Journal made it nearly unplayable once you got too deep into it. Side Quests are the meat of any good RPG, but when you have as many of them as these games have it becomes essential to keep track of what the hell you're doing, and Morrowind was lousy with that. They'd generally only show you the most recent update of any Quest you were on, but since most of them were really deep and involved it was too easy to forget how any of them started or WHY you were doing these side quests in the first place. Once you had like 20 or so of them going on at once and more and more of the details being lost, it all became rather unwieldy unless you kept your own physical journal in a notebook or something, which I plan to do if I ever play that game again. I started avoiding talking to NPCs because just about every person you spoke to had a side quest and I was already drowning in them. But then I ended up taking two weeks off from it after playing it every day for a month, and after that I had NO idea where I'd left off, and then I just stopped playing it.

Thankfully, so far Oblivion avoids all of these problems by having a much better and more organized Quest Journal. I'm not too far into it yet, only about 30 hours I think, only closed one Oblivion Gate and done a few side quests, but I can't stress enough how much better the Quest Journal makes the entire experience, simply by keeping track of every step in every side quest so you can't forget or get lost. That one thing alone improves the entire experience tremendously.

Otherwise, not much else I can say about it, other than "I like everything about it." I'm definitely much more inclined to play this one through to the end and eventually get around to Skyrim, finally, since I know that neither one will be as confusing or overwhelming as Morrowind. Like if I miss a couple of days I won't be completely lost. But so far I've been doing good at playing a few hours each day, and it's really engaging. Having a lot of fun with it so far.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #10536
Prowler
Emperor

Pretty much done with 3D World. It was a fun game. Bowser's Fury is fine as an extra game but I'm not sure how long I'll keep in playing it.

Went back to Okami HD recently. Beat the Moon Cave and I am now wondering what the rest of the game will be like.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #10537
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Pretty much done with 3D World. It was a fun game. Bowser's Fury is fine as an extra game but I'm not sure how long I'll keep in playing it.

Went back to Okami HD recently. Beat the Moon Cave and I am now wondering what the rest of the game will be like.
Bowsers Fury is great and only takes about 5-6 hours to get every cat shine. I don't see why you wouldn't finish it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:33 AM   #10538
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Super Mario World (1990, SNES) - It has so many secret areas and levels! Not the first time I've played it but I'm almost sure I've never actually finished it. What bug me is the fact you cannot save your game until you beat a castle or find a secret switch.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:09 PM   #10539
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

The Mask (1995 movie game) on SNES.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:17 PM   #10540
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Bowsers Fury is great and only takes about 5-6 hours to get every cat shine. I don't see why you wouldn't finish it.
I've gotten about 26 or so so far. The next goal is 40 it seems. Meh, I might take a break now and get back to it sometime later. It's not like it's an RPG or a story heavy adventure game where you'll feel lost after going back to your save for the first time in a long time.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games