The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-17-2021, 02:42 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Prince Harry says the 1st Amendment is "bonkers"

No, really:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b1848649.html

I like the response from Ted Cruz: "Nice that you get to say that."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:37 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

Lots of other countries hate the First Amendment. I've talked to people from all over the place who think it's crazy.

"You guys get to say whatever you want? That's bonkers! What if it, like, hurts someone's feelings?"

We're like the only group of people on the entire planet that doesn't curl up in a ball and cry when someone calls you a name or makes fun of you. And yet by way of having thicker skin WE'RE supposedly the "crazy" ones. Wacky.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

I guess the 1st Amendment and the Prince's wife have something in common, then.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And yet by way of having thicker skin WE'RE supposedly the "crazy" ones. Wacky.
Countries and the reflected attitudes are the macro scale of small interactions between people. The bigger, smarter and overall more poignant you are, the more the little guys (even normal people) and the weak links (the maladjusted) always do anything to put you in check.

Combine that with the information in the thread about the perceptions of "safety" in the U.S. from non-U.S. people and you've got the beginnings of evidence of all sorts of psychological phenomena about this.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:25 AM   #5
Sumac
Banned

It is funny on multiple levels:
1) It is British prince telling Americans about their laws;
2) This British prince lives life of privilege and wealth;
3) This shitstain enjoys perks of pretending being a victim alongside with his wife;
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:45 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Fun fact: He cosplayed as Hitler in his youth.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:58 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Lots of other countries hate the First Amendment. I've talked to people from all over the place who think it's crazy.
Even other Western countries adapted similair laws (freedm of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly) in the 19th century.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 05-24-2021 at 03:39 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:21 AM   #8
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Here's an archive snapshot of it, so nobody has to buy a membership fee for viewing it:
https://archive.ph/UPj8H

It's funny he complains about the American media hounding celebrities (read from other interviews/articles), when the British media are far more ruthless about it. In the article, Candace Owens response makes a point:

Quote:
Conservative author and talk show host Candace Owens said: “Sunday riddle: How many more Hollywood-style interviews will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle give before they finally achieve the privacy they claim to be so desperate for?”
The only reason the media or anybody is interested about him, is because of his royal background and once royal lifestyle. If privacy, and "living a normal life", was so important to him and his family as he claims, he would have lived far away from Hollywood, live like the rest of us commoners, and avoid doing interviews with the media. It's really not that hard. His hypocrisy is evident when all of his actions contradict all that he says.

This is a person who will never know the hardships of having to make ends meet in paying the bills, being kicked out (foreclosed) of their home, experience a lack of medical care, or experience hunger as a majority of the world experiences, yet ironically enough, visited and witnessed these extreme hardships in Africa. One of the very rare people who live in the top 0.1% of the world, privileges that none of us can imagine, yet somehow has the mindset of how much a victim he is in this world and wants to lecture all of the social classes beneath him on how bad they are (i.e. pollution and the environment) when he doesn't he follow what he lectures himself.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-18-2021 at 04:33 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:41 AM   #9
Sumac
Banned

The most tragic thing about this is that some people buy that this idiot is a "victim".

I know that people can be stupid, but there is a difference between just stupid and "one of the richest and privileged guys in the world suffers, because, of some aggressions or whatever".

I am not dismissing that rich and influential can suffer - money can not buy everything, but there is an obvious difference here.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote