Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #21
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The official TMNT account tweeted about Venus today
I just ate a combination tomato soup and brie cheese, tasted like puke. Yet hearing this is slighty worse than eating that.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm actually surprised they didn't do it to begin with as soon as Laird washed his hands* of everything.

*in money
Especially considering how nowadays popular culture loves to "diversify" movie/tv show casts. Aren't they making April black in the upcoming TMNT cartoon? Eventually the "female turtle" idea will come back and be put into practice again. A gay turtle is probably inevitable as well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #23
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
And that some of this outrage would be misconstrued as misogyny, because it would be linguistically identical to it. Because fandom has its own lexicon.

And unfortunately that lexicon does not excel at conveying the idea : "I don't like this, it doesn't work for me" to people who aren't already fluent.
You've raised good points I must say. I think the problem is here that the more purest fans are going to disagree quite strongly that a female Turtle or even a fifth Ninja Turtle isn't needed because it brakes away far too much from the actual concept of TMNT almost as if they changed Splinter from a rat to dog. The problem is the mainstream media, especially certain political types will misinterpret all that as misogyny and unfortunately it's the fans who are made out to be the bad guys worldwide, in a lot of cases quite unfairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Especially considering how nowadays popular culture loves to "diversify" movie/tv show casts. Aren't they making April black in the upcoming TMNT cartoon? Eventually the "female turtle" idea will come back and be put into practice again. A gay turtle is probably inevitable as well.
I totally understand the need to diversify. I think the problem is diversity going up the creative integrity. The push to force diversity is driving entertainment into some very lazy gender swapping and creative decisions that don't feel natural. This is what has effected the Ghostbusters franchise as well as Doctor Who and it's the fans of those things that are getting bullied by social media.

For me personally it wouldn't be the end of the world if they had a female Ninja Turtle but I also don't see the point considering the source material. Plus making that decision today would reek of liberal propaganda rather than a rational, politically neutral focus of creativity. It seems today it's much easier to cry misogyny than look at reasoning behind people's views. I don't know, maybe they should make a an all-female spin-off series?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote